Thailand Considering An End to Pandemic-Era Entry Requirements

webfact

15 hours ago, Onerak said:

Booked my flights for July 2nd early morning (9AM) from US. When should I apply for the TP? Is June 27 OK? I know I may lose 650 baht if they remove TP requirements but I really don't care $20 loss. 

For the Thai Pass you have to buy health insurance. I don't know how much that's running now but when I bought mine, it wasn't near $20. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TTSIssues said:

Having avoided COVID since the pandemic started, we just had a three week trip to Phuket and whilst there - saw thousands of Arabs, Indians and other tourists - none of which were wearing masks. The result - I now have Covid. Maybe some testing for tourists isn’t such a bad idea ! 

What are you taking to recover? 

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

With the cost of living and inflation going up and on at the moment all over Australia, that 'within Australia' trip would cost you a lot more had you vacationed in Thailand

There is absolutely no information in Thailand so you'll be safe. ???? 

19 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Too late for me, already booked my July-August trip within Australia instead of my normal 2 month 'winter' in Thailand

Your choice. The Thailand Pass and insurance was easy to get. You are just makinh excuses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

And the requirement for a $10,000 Covid insurance?

If you pay your flight ticket with Visa Premier, you have this insurance for free and with a much better coverage

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

End the masking, now. It serves little purpose at this stage, other than to keep people scared and paranoid.  It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning.

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

nd the masking, now. It serves little purpose at this stage, other than to keep people scared and paranoid.  It is getting to the point to utter stupidity, and a total lack of common sense. The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning.

I still get a kick out of the rather random mask nature one sees on Thai TV, particularly the game type shows and news reports. Some masked, some not, some with plastic screens, some not!

Still, hardly anything to lose sleep over, 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, ezzra said:

With the cost of living and inflation going up and on at the moment all over Australia, that 'within Australia' trip would cost you a lot more had you vacationed in Thailand

Always was, nothing changed there.

Remember back in 2010 returning to Aus going in to shop to buy small bottle of water (not for me mind you, tap water suits me just fine)

$3.50 compared with 6 baht in Thailand just the day before.

At the time exchange was around 30 baht to the dollar.

Was really tempted to turn around and get a flight back to Thailand, except there was a re-entry time delay.

Bloke on youtube a couple of days ago showed a service on his 12 month old car in Thailand @ around $70..........just had a quote from the dealers here in Aus for same same, $300 thank you very much.

Australia has gone to the dogs.........

I think the problems all started with the mining "boom" where people were earning no worries $3000.00 a week.

Now the train has come into the station and there is going to be a LOT of fallout.

The 1/2% interest rise is only the beginning. (most expected 1/4% ...not me)

Wait until the yuppies have to start paying 17% like we did back in the 90's.

End of 400sq metre houses for first home buyers with everything that opens and shuts I bet for starters

Edited by bluejets

23 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

What's your point? I'm not going to Thailand because I don't want to do Thai Pass with scam covid specific insurance and have to wear a mask everywhere I go (as well as bars closing at midnight). I'd rather enjoy my holiday with freedom as it was pre-covid

Then use your existing insurance. All you need is a letter Covid is covered.

If you don't have that already you are either very foolish, or you should not be traveling at all.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Then use your existing insurance. All you need is a letter Covid is covered.

If you don't have that already you are either very foolish, or you should not be traveling at all.

Or maybe I'm rich enough to self insure...

It only takes small things to deter people from going to Thailand when most of the World is fully open without even the mention of covid

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Excel said:

"You need to get out a bit more"

What's that got to do with TAT counting the same passengers arriving frequenting as a separate visitor in their numbers ? Seems like my post went straight over your head.

Far from it, in common with the other Thai bashers you try to imply that huge numbers of expats travelling back and for every week are distorting the figures.

My flight from Vienna was full and my wife's flight from Dubai the same day was full, as said you need to get out a bit more and see for yourself.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dexxter said:

I just received my 6 month METV from the Sydney Thai Consulate.

How did you do that?

I've just been on the Canberra Embassy and Sydney consulates sites and they only have the 60 day tourist visa or the STV

On 6/11/2022 at 5:50 AM, aussiexpat said:

Too late for me, already booked my July-August trip within Australia instead of my normal 2 month 'winter' in Thailand

Due to Australia's draconian requirements, I've decided not to go there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

How did you do that?

I've just been on the Canberra Embassy and Sydney consulates sites and they only have the 60 day tourist visa or the STV

Do you need a 60 day tourist visa for going on holiday to Australia? 

On 6/10/2022 at 11:50 PM, aussiexpat said:

Too late for me too as I have already applied and got my Thailand Pass approval and so will be arriving next week in Thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Do you need a 60 day tourist visa for going on holiday to Australia? 

You do know September follows July-August right, so I can do both if Thailand drops all the covid rubbish by then?

On 6/11/2022 at 7:15 AM, Excel said:

But you do realize don't you that by you, and many others, exiting and returning to Thailand 3/4 times a year that means to TAT that there has been an increase in tourists of 3/4 times ????

Add in the guys who work 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. ????????

17 hours ago, Excel said:

"You need to get out a bit more"

What's that got to do with TAT counting the same passengers arriving frequenting as a separate visitor in their numbers ? Seems like my post went straight over your head.

Yawn.  Another TVF old wives' tale.

So tell me how you know the TAT count people returning on re-entry permits on Non-B or non-Os  as tourists?  Because you heard others on here repeat the same thing?   How do you know they don't only count people on tourist visas or visa exempt?

You're very confident in it so looking forward to hearing your source.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Far from it, in common with the other Thai bashers you try to imply that huge numbers of expats travelling back and for every week are distorting the figures.

My flight from Vienna was full and my wife's flight from Dubai the same day was full, as said you need to get out a bit more and see for yourself.

Clearly you are simply failing to understand my post. But hey never mind others do so that's all what matters.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Yawn.  Another TVF old wives' tale.

So tell me how you know the TAT count people returning on re-entry permits on Non-B or non-Os  as tourists?  Because you heard others on here repeat the same thing?   How do you know they don't only count people on tourist visas or visa exempt?

You're very confident in it so looking forward to hearing your source.

Suggest you do your own research on the Thai websites and get the info 1st hand , or are you too lazy for that ? Its all there but guess you can not read Thai perhaps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And how many millions of them are there?

Irrelevant as the point was being made that figures are inaccurate due to repeated entry/re-entry of the same person and the offshore workers on a 4/4 rotation are just one prime example of how those inaccurate figures by TAT come about. 

Edited by Excel

On 6/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, aussiexpat said:

What's your point? I'm not going to Thailand because I don't want to do Thai Pass with scam covid specific insurance and have to wear a mask everywhere I go (as well as bars closing at midnight). I'd rather enjoy my holiday with freedom as it was pre-covid

What, binge drinking.....?   ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Irrelevant as the point was being made that figures are inaccurate due to repeated entry/re-entry of the same person and the offshore workers on a 4/4 rotation are just one prime example of how those inaccurate figures by TAT come about. 

And how would you propose they separate every single person when there are (were) tens of millions each year?  These dozens / hundreds of 4/4 workers must be skewing the figures so heavily they should devise a separate category just for them.