Thailand Considering An End to Pandemic-Era Entry Requirements

webfact

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

Suggest you do your own research on the Thai websites and get the info 1st hand , or are you too lazy for that ? Its all there but guess you can not read Thai perhaps.

Nor can I, but Google translate is very helpful, and many sites do provide their stuff in English, one thing that the members of ASEAN countries  agreed on was to communicate in English..Hoorah...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ah the old "suggest you do your own research" reply when asked for a source of your unsubstantiated nonsense,.  In other words you don't have a source other than hearing it parroted on here.

And you're right, I can't read Thai.  And as a poster who is repeatedly negative and critical of Thailand I am very surprised and impressed that you can.  So please, as requested, share your source as I have plenty of people who can translate it for me.  As you can read Thai and I can't you'd be doing me a big favour and opening my eyes perhaps.

Talk about nonsense, you really are the top one this morning for it for not wishing to learn.  For me after 39 years this year of being here it is surprising what you learn if you want to but guess for you, what perhaps a ten minute tourist with cotton wool in their ears ?  ( well maybe not but that is how you come over ) who wish to remain ignorant of things . And I find the old general ignoramus quote of the likes of you and other uninformed people i.e.  "repeatedly negative and critical of Thailand" yet another example of your ignorance  as clearly you really are too lazy to read all posts . Still never mind its bye bye now as frankly you disappoint me in that you show no interest in learning anything about Thailand. bye bye you are on ignore.

Edited by Excel
  • Sad 2

On 6/11/2022 at 7:12 AM, ThailandRyan said:

If and when Thailand lifts their Thai Pass, and since the US as I said will be lifting the covid testing for travelers, my kids are planning a trip over to finally visit me and I will be able to return to a 3 months here, and three months there and so on as i did prior to Covid.

I just want to see the restrictions dropped so that those who did cross-boarder visa runs can again do so without all the Covid requirements.
And yes.  Once they drop this nonsense I have a number of American friends who have not been here for two years.  These guy used to come for a full month of touring and were interesting in buying tickets for the Lady's LPGA.  Hopefully organizations like the LPGA get back to allow a gallery.
If Thailand wants to 'get back to normal', then get back to normal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Or maybe I'm rich enough to self insure...

Not impossible but rich people are usually smart enough to insure as it'll cost much less if a serious injury or illness happens while in Thailand.

You are aware of what private hospitals cost in Thailand?

I used to 'self insure' then as i got older i decided to wise up, I'm still < 50.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Not impossible but rich people are usually smart enough to insure as it'll cost much less if a serious injury or illness happens while in Thailand.

You are aware of what private hospitals cost in Thailand?

I used to 'self insure' then as i got older i decided to wise up, I'm still < 50.

You're not well then.......????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Far from it, in common with the other Thai bashers you try to imply that huge numbers of expats travelling back and for every week are distorting the figures.

My flight from Vienna was full and my wife's flight from Dubai the same day was full, as said you need to get out a bit more and see for yourself.

The flights are full coz there's less of them, many airlines sharing routes nowadays.

But yes i agree, it's getting busier.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

The flights are full coz there's less of them, many airlines sharing routes nowadays.

But yes i agree, it's getting busier.

Correct and twice the number of the same people leaving and returning  from Thailand will mean twice the inaccuracy of TAT's figures for the number of visitors

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You believe what you believe and then we know what we know, even transition passengers are counted as a stat in the totals.  If I came and left 6 times in a year and each time came on a 30 day visa exempt I would be counted 6 times as coming.......your just trolling as usual.

Nope, not trolling, just asking for someone to explain how they know what they say because I can't find mention of it anywhere other than on here.  Absolutely nowhere.

To be clear, if you come six times on six visa exempts that would be counted as six arrivals, yes.  There would be absolutely no way for them to separate that.  And that would be exactly the same for any other country that reports tourist numbers (ie. most countries).  I am not taking issue with that.

I am taking issue with people stating as fact that people returning on re-entry permits on Non-B or non-O are counted as tourist entires (as claimed by Excel).  I don't believe they are as they are logged as not being tourists on the immigration database.  All I am asking is for someone who categorically says these people are adding to the tourist figures to let me know how they know this.  And no one can.

And you state transiting passengers who don't even enter the country are added to the tourist count!  Wow, that is stepping it up a gear.  So same question to you: how do you know this?  Where is this information coming from?

Simple question.  If someone can show me I'll happily concede.  But saying "it's on Thai websites, find it yourself" doesn't count.  Show me the Thai website, I can translate it.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:47 AM, TTSIssues said:

Having avoided COVID since the pandemic started, we just had a three week trip to Phuket and whilst there - saw thousands of Arabs, Indians and other tourists - none of which were wearing masks. The result - I now have Covid. Maybe some testing for tourists isn’t such a bad idea ! 

Are you any of the three, heavy smoker, heavy drinker, overweight? Tell us the truth now.

23 hours ago, nchuckle said:

As did In those exact circumstances,but the point is you’re going to get it at some stage anyway. But With 2 Pfizer vaccinations,and even at 70 it was a mild cold for a week 

How do you know it actually was the C virus you had? Did you get tested?

So TAT are proposing visa fee exemption for international arrivals and eligibility extension for visitors from nations not requiring a visa to enter the country from 30 to 45 days? So another day, another new proposal. But will these "considerations" ever become a reality or are they simply more flights of fantasy from TAT? Meanwhile, tourists looking for a 2-week break in the sun are looking elsewhere. Sure, the tenacious and indefatigable will jump through the hoops that are required to enter the Kingdom and wear their dogged determination like a badge of honour. That's all very well if you've decided or planned to spend a long time in Thailand and don't mind the excessive bureaucracy, but what about those who only spend 2 or 3 weeks in the sun, and don't have the same luxury afforded to them as the long-stayers? And let's say they are prepared to undergo the considerable time and effort to get a Thai Pass and have all their ducks in a row—what do they get for their trouble? A decimated nightlife, more uncertainty and vague promises. That's hardly an inducement.

I don't know about other travellers (tourists) but I've already abandoned any plans to return to Thailand this year. I'm now looking at early 2023 as a distinct possibility, having lost all faith in the Thai government's ability to get its act together. 

• Like 2

These baiting posts are so boring.

Funny how many posts got pulled during covid hysteria but travel pulse is allowed to posit.

Will students dye their hair green and go to school wearing only their underwear?????

It's so tiresome

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

So TAT are proposing visa fee exemption for international arrivals and eligibility extension for visitors from nations not requiring a visa to enter the country from 30 to 45 days? So another day, another new proposal. But will these "considerations" ever become a reality or are they simply more flights of fantasy from TAT? Meanwhile, tourists looking for a 2-week break in the sun are looking elsewhere. Sure, the tenacious and indefatigable will jump through the hoops that are required to enter the Kingdom and wear their dogged determination like a badge of honour. That's all very well if you've decided or planned to spend a long time in Thailand and don't mind the excessive bureaucracy, but what about those who only spend 2 or 3 weeks in the sun, and don't have the same luxury afforded to them as the long-stayers? And let's say they are prepared to undergo the considerable time and effort to get a Thai Pass and have all their ducks in a row—what do they get for their trouble? A decimated nightlife, more uncertainty and vague promises. That's hardly an inducement.

I don't know about other travellers (tourists) but I've already abandoned any plans to return to Thailand this year. I'm now looking at early 2023 as a distinct possibility, having lost all faith in the Thai government's ability to get its act together. 

Once upon a time in 2011 Visas for single entry, at least from  the US were free, no cost to apply  then in 2012 poof money needed.

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Or maybe I'm rich enough to self insure...

It only takes small things to deter people from going to Thailand when most of the World is fully open without even the mention of covid

So get a letter from your insurance company. If that's too much of a hassle, how do you arrange a flight ticket?

• Confused 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:07 PM, Stefanix said:

Too late for the summer holiday season in Europe. Most people have booked their vacation already and those who would decide for Thailand now cannot get a payable ticket anymore. We bought return tickets from Germany for July in January for 750 €. The same flight has just a few tickets left for 2.300 €, flights are full. Airline’s capacity is not back to where it was before Covid, A380s retired. Even with super easy entry and personal greeting by Prayut, coming to Thailand now is difficult. Effects of easing might only be noticeable in the winter season. 

Indeed. My fare on my usual airline from Canada has more than doubled. Tourism will not be getting back anywhere normal until the price of jet fuel comes down and the airlines sort out their other issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:53 PM, Dr B said:

Hello, this is Thailand. Why on earth would you eat a "filet steak at El Gaucho"? Do that at home. When you are here enjoy Thai food, not imported food. That is not rocket science.

ser, I love Thailand and the Thai people and am overjoyed to call the place home now but I'm not at all keen on the food. sorry, not sorry that I eat mostly foreign muck and only try Thai food when I'm out with my seppo mate and his TW. 

I haven't been to El Gaucho yet but it's on my list. atmo my favourite lunch is the Aussie Wagyu cheeseburger at Roadhouse Barbecue in Bangers. 345++ but you can get it for 295++ (incl. free iced tea lol) between 11am and 3om daily. so 295 x 1.177 = 347.22 THB. that converts to AUD14.21 at current xe mid-market spot rate. 

this is a really nice burger, better than I've had back in Oz. so good that I ate one every day for a week. back "home" it is simply impossible to find a Wagyu burger for anywhere near fourteen bucks, let alone with a free drink and in a nice aircon restaurant with cute, friendly wait staff. 

that ser is not rocket science ????

ps. draft Asahi is approx. AUD6.74 for a half-litre "pint". again, simply not possible to find that in Oz.

20220215_114445.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Excel said:

Clearly you are simply failing to understand my post. But hey never mind others do so that's all what matters.

The only thing I fail to understand is why some continually try and distort the narrative.

If you don't like the way things are done you have options.