Thailand Considering An End to Pandemic-Era Entry Requirements

webfact

46 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The only thing I fail to understand is why some continually try and distort the narrative.

If you don't like the way things are done you have options.

Clearly your understanding is at a disproportionate lower lever than many others here, but no worries, carry on in your delusional world if that puts you at ease.

And as for that juvenile statement, often used by those with no solid arguments i.e ".If you don't like the way things are done you have options."  then bye bye as that has earned you a place on my ignore list.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Another one that doesn't get it. No Thai Pass, no forced insurance, no masks, no midnight bar closures, no ever changing, flip flopping rules on a monthly basis confusing people....

So why post, to state your decision to not arrive?

It's clear what the requirements are and not everybody will agree znd comply.

48 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

So why post, to state your decision to not arrive?

It's clear what the requirements are and not everybody will agree znd comply.

I didn't know we're only allowed to post if we agree with actions stated...

3 hours ago, vinci said:

they hold on because there is money to be made, 

Thailand Pass is free.  If you already have insurance that meets the requirements you don't need to buy anything.  If you are employed by a Thai company you don't need insurance.  If you do need to buy some you can choose who you buy it from (Thai or foreign company).    So, erm, who is making money out of this?

while every other country is already back to normal

Right, so I didn't just have to do two separate online submissions (way more complex than Thai Pass) to get permission to enter Singapore then?  I must have imagined it, silly me.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thailand Pass is free.  If you already have insurance that meets the requirements you don't need to buy anything.  If you are employed by a Thai company you don't need insurance.  If you do need to buy some you can choose who you buy it from (Thai or foreign company).    So, erm, who is making money out of this?

Right, so I didn't just have to do two separate online submissions (way more complex than Thai Pass) to get permission to enter Singapore then?  I must have imagined it, silly me.

Your first point is moot for a tourist, they don't have local insurance, are not employed here and the Thai insurance companies are making the money, with a possible backhander to the government.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:47 PM, garyk said:

Inflation is running so hight here in the US I will head over to get some relief. Win win for me, dollar is strong against the Baht. Perfect for a cheap vacation.  Spent 6 months in South America and the dollar was killing the Colombia Peso. , and had a killer time.

I was checking Panama. I will make a trip to Panama this winter, instead of Thailand. Going to Thailand in July

6 hours ago, vinci said:

they hold on because there is money to be made, while every other country is already back to normal

The USA just yesterday dropped their negative COVID test requirement to enter the country. That was a lot more problematic to me than the Thailand Pass as I can now travel to Thailand without fear of being caught up in a problem when I return.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your first point is moot for a tourist, they don't have local insurance, are not employed here and the Thai insurance companies are making the money, with a possible backhander to the government.....

It is not moot.  They don't need local insurance.  They can use their foreign insurance.  Do you not understand there is no mandate to use Thai insurance companies AT ALL.  The coverage requirements are super minimal, most travel insurance covers it, ergo most people don't need to buy anything.  And even if they do they can chose the beautiful foreign Western company of their choice and make them rich instead.

But nice work on getting the TVF cliches in there - by the way you missed "brown envelopes".  Must do better.