US Green card for wife process?

I already filed the I-130 application for my wife & I to move to the US and stay/work for a few years (with my Thai/American son) late March of this year.  I already know the 1st portion of the process, I'm just curious of the 2nd and 3rd steps.  My wife had all the usual child vaccinations but there's no record/proof of them, I'm guessing she'll have to get all of them again & show proof?

What's the 2nd step in the green card process after the initial I-130 has been approved?  Then the 3rd/4th? TIA.

I found this vaguely worded sentence on the net, anyone know what "supporting documents" they're talking about?

Once you submit your fees, forms, and supporting documents to NVC, we will review your case to ensure you provided all the documentation required to schedule the immigrant visa interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

57 minutes ago, bbko said:

I found this vaguely worded sentence on the net, anyone know what "supporting documents" they're talking about?

Once you submit your fees, forms, and supporting documents to NVC, we will review your case to ensure you provided all the documentation required to schedule the immigrant visa interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

It's all the stuff you already provided for with your I-130 application, plus evidence for everything you will upload for your immigration visa application itself, such as police reports, employment records, salary histories, more evidence of relationship, etc. It will all be explained when you apply for the visa, which requires a visa interview.  Not sure when you applied for the I-130 but can take 10-12 months for that first step to be approved. 

• Like 1

So here is the flow of events. Ignore the timeline, since we did it when local USCIS processing was still available in BKK.

Once the I-130 is submitted you will do nothing until you get the approval notice.

Once you get Pkt 3 and a BNK number thats when things start rolling and you can get the police certificate etc.

Dont worry about vaccinations, after you receive Pkt 4 she will have to go to Bumrungrad to get a health check and a slew of shots regardless, and they will issue to health certificate

At the interview she will present both the health and police certificates to the CO.

Just one note, the police certificate isn't the same one that Thai's get to work overseas this is from the central police.

After the interview she's receive a single entry visa in her passport, and a sealed package which you carry with you to the US.

Upon arrival that sealed package will be reviewed and an I-551 stamped in her passport which is the temporary green card. Make sure when you submit the DS 260 you tick the box for the SSN, that way a SS card will arrive along with the green card, about two weeks after landing

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 8.15.33 AM.png

THAI_POLICE_Redacted.jpg

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1