Capitol attack pardon revelations could spell doom for Trump and allies

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.f3ef037015de8b34d33a763461dac478.jpg

The House select committee investigating the Capitol attack revealed at its inaugural hearing that Donald Trump’s top Republican allies in Congress sought pardons after the January 6 insurrection, a major disclosure that bolstered the claim that the event amounted to a coup and is likely to cause serious scrutiny for those implicated.

The news that multiple House Republicans asked the Trump White House for pardons – an apparent consciousness of guilt – was one of three revelations portending potentially perilous legal and political moments to come for Trump and his allies.

At the hearing, the panel’s vice-chair Liz Cheney named only one Republican member of Congress, congressman Scott Perry, the current chair of the ultra conservative House freedom caucus, who sought a presidential pardon for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

(more)

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-attack-pardon-revelations-could-080043087.html

551485177_TheGuardian.jpg.cd610de32ee76d3cb64af3a818c126bd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GOP Rep. Scott Perry says it's a 'soulless lie' that he sought a pardon from Trump after Liz Cheney said he did

Republican Rep. Scott Perry blasted any suggestion that he sought a pardon from President Donald Trump for himself or others, rejecting an eyebrow-raising claim that was made during the House January 6 committee's first major public hearing the day before.

"The notion that I ever sought a Presidential pardon for myself or other Members of Congress is an absolute, shameless, and soulless lie," Perry wrote on Twitter Friday.

Rep. Liz Cheney, the top Republican on the panel, revealed on Thursday night that the committee uncovered evidence that Perry and other Republican lawmakers sought pardons from Trump in the wake of the January 6 insurrection, evidence that so far has not been presented to the public.

(more)

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-rep-scott-perry-says-172648760.html

Insider.jpg.616371ad0c0b9b472af973910a1da079.jpg

Unfortunately all this mess regarding the former occupant of the White House will still be going on when we enter the next decade.  Providing the concept of elected officials in the US still exists.  This 1/6 committee will be gone by year's end, the right may be in control of Congress, and then the 2024 presidential campaign begins in spring next year.  Will he throw any and all under the bus?  ABSOLUTELY!

Will he go as far as using a walker like Weinstein does?  That, or feigning that he's coo-coo (a popular move with aging Mafia), but as we've seen he is too vain for such theatre.  (hey, is Bill Cosby still blind and in need of a walker the way he was at his sentencing?)

Oh yeah, the Justice Department.  I keep forgetting they have something to do with this.  Hopefully Biden will appoint an AG.  Oh, he did?  Guess I forgot.  When does he take office?

</sarcasm>

adverse inference: All those jokers who asked DT for pardons and took the Fifth have tied their own nooses.

The man behind the curtain is Steve Bannon, not just in the US but in just about all countries that are part of the New Fascism. 

For example:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/1/18648732/steve-bannons-italian-monastery-political-gladiator-school-revoke

He's the Iggy Pop of the fascist New Wave.  He could very well be in a cage in time for the 2024 election.  Well, maybe 2028 would be more likely, if at all.

But this is the real crisis in the US right now:  :cheesy:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/greene-blames-tampon-shortage-transgender-people

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Unfortunately all this mess regarding the former occupant of the White House will still be going on when we enter the next decade.  Providing the concept of elected officials in the US still exists.  This 1/6 committee will be gone by year's end, the right may be in control of Congress, and then the 2024 presidential campaign begins in spring next year.  Will he throw any and all under the bus?  ABSOLUTELY!

Will he go as far as using a walker like Weinstein does?  That, or feigning that he's coo-coo (a popular move with aging Mafia), but as we've seen he is too vain for such theatre.  (hey, is Bill Cosby still blind and in need of a walker the way he was at his sentencing?)

Oh yeah, the Justice Department.  I keep forgetting they have something to do with this.  Hopefully Biden will appoint an AG.  Oh, he did?  Guess I forgot.  When does he take office?

</sarcasm>

adverse inference: All those jokers who asked DT for pardons and took the Fifth have tied their own nooses.

The man behind the curtain is Steve Bannon, not just in the US but in just about all countries that are part of the New Fascism. 

For example:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/1/18648732/steve-bannons-italian-monastery-political-gladiator-school-revoke

He's the Iggy Pop of the fascist New Wave.  He could very well be in a cage in time for the 2024 election.  Well, maybe 2028 would be more likely, if at all.

But this is the real crisis in the US right now:  :cheesy:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/greene-blames-tampon-shortage-transgender-people

I rate the chance of Garland Indicting Trump (with a view to almost definite conviction) as probable. He is correct to be cautious but the groundswell is growing. 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I rate the chance of Garland Indicting Trump (with a view to almost definite conviction) as probable. He is correct to be cautious but the groundswell is growing. 

I hope you're right.  Sometimes I say things because I want them to be wrong.  Sometimes it works.

11 hours ago, bocaBob said:

"Stop Waiting for Trump to Get Convicted"
The chances that the criminal cases against the former president will be successful are slim to none, and that will only embolden him and his followers."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/why-criminal-cases-against-trump-are-doomed/627113/

But, becoming president in 2024/2025 is entirely in Trump's wheel house if he so desires and the only other person who could also win is DeSantis.

And btw, ask yourself this:  would you or ANYONE vote for Biden again after his all his epic failures..... Would u vote for Beto, Pete, Kamala....lol. America has had it with the destruction wreaked by Biden.

Starting in Nov 2022, America can resume to it's brilliance buoyed by the revered MAGA movement.  Mean tweets aside, Trump and the MAGA movement are iconic and are only about 7 more months away.

Such a sad post for decent and intelligent people, and shows the mindset of many of the supporters of the crooked, dumb and right wing former president.