Prince Charles told by U.K. leaders to stop meddling in politics amid immigration comment backlash

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh, you are talking about THAT Human right , the human right human right.

I see know , the ECHR projects my human right to have human rights 

So easy to sneer when you are born on the right side of the railway tracks.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So easy to sneer when you are born on the right side of the railway tracks.

I would like to go to Thailand and live .

(Like the people who were going to be deported want to live in the UK)

I do not have the correct documents to go to Thailand .

(They didnt have the correct documents to go to the UK)

Shall I do what they did and enter Thailand illegally ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It may make more sense if you scroll back a bit ?

I don't have the time to explain the context 

I've only been peripherally following the bickering due also to time constraints. I'll just say that I'm a very strong believer in human rights, no matter how much red tape they may involve. I'm very much aware of the privileged place I have found myself due only to a my birthplace. I find it a matter of huge regret that so many in the same position lack the empathy and compassion for others less fortunate.

it's a fact that the UK, like so many other nations needs immigration to maintain the safety net which we enjoy and which is the magnet that draws those at most risk. the answer may not be to just open the borders, although all my life i have felt challenged by the very notion that national boundaries should even exist. (Back when I was teengaer I topped a state public service entrance exam with an essay on why they shouldn't).

The reason we are in such a privileged position is because of the rape and pillaging of our colonial era. The obvious solution to the problem is to export our wealth to those regions where it's needed to raise the standard of living to a point where the mass migrations due to war and climate change won't be so much of a necessity. I also believe it means a heavy military and economic hand against fascist and undemocratic governments which are one of the major causes of such human suffering.

In the meantime, we need to reply on world order type solutions such as international conventions and agreements to help level the playing field until and unless people get the message that some sacrifice by the haves is needed to fix the problem.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

come back to me when you are in a position where you don't have any choice at all in that matter. when what you "like" isn't a consideration but you can't remain where you are.

They came from France , they had the choice of staying there .

They choose to come to the U.K and could have remained in France 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why does Australia process illegal immigrants in offshore detention centres?

Why does Australia have dedicated RAN patrol vessels for picking up illegal immigrants in its waters?

Why does Australia have a policy to never grant a visa or permission to stay for anyone that is caught attempting to illegally enter the country?

Answers on a postcard. 

So we don't have the same problem England, Europe and the USA have. 

Also to stop all these boat people dying at sea.

We're not silly you know. ????

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They came from France , they had the choice of staying there .

They choose to come to the U.K and could have remained in France 

Almost none of them came from France and the argument that the first safe haven nation should have the shoulder the burden of supporting refugees is just disgusting. It's just a "not on my lawn" argument.

France and Germany have far more refugees than the UK. Almost everywhere has more refugees than the UK.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Almost none of them came from France and the argument that the first safe haven nation should have the shoulder the burden of supporting refugees is just disgusting. It's just a "not on my lawn" argument.

Where did they arrive from ?

They seek Asylum because its unsafe for them in their home Country and they are granted Asylum  , they lose the claim of "being unsafe in their home Country," when they arrived from France .

They are seeking Asylum, they arent going on a vacation 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where did they arrive from ?

They seek Asylum because its unsafe for them in their home Country and they are granted Asylum  , they lose the claim of "being unsafe in their home Country," when they arrived from France .

They are seeking Asylum, they arent going on a vacation 

Why should France have to shoulder that burden while the UK gets a free pass?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Citation or it never happened.

How about all this throwing the door open to all those NON-ECONOMIC refugees from Ukraine? If you were an Afghani family who had worked with the Allied forces in Kabul and spent years getting to a refugee holding camp, how would you feel when you are pushed aside for those Ukrainians that DROVE or FLEW to the UK?

Thats why we should have a controlled process, so everyone can get access to the services they need. These Afghanis and Ukrainians have followed it and no one should be pushed aside.

Its the economic migrants arriving illegally by the boat load daily that is putting a strain on the system, they are safe in France, they can apply to come to the UK from there and not queue jump by entering on illegal and dangerous routes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

While seemingly forgetting that they themselves are protected by human rights law.

Well yes, folk in their own country, not folk from around the world trying to put a tent up in your back garden.

PS. CCTV may help you with that at your place....????

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve read ‘magna carta’ haven’t you?

Do remember the bit about forbidding banishment overseas?

That has nothing to do with eventually putting illegals feet back on the ground in their own country, does it.  ???? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, its the Governments fault .

Like that time I got arrested for being drunk & disorderly , its was the pubs fault for selling me the beer and the polices fault for arresting  me .

Not my fault at all........................nothing to do with me 

I don't think the immigrant supporters will understand that.....????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Why should France have to shoulder that burden while the UK gets a free pass?

I think you are missing the point, folk have crossed many countries to get to the UK, I will say that again, the UK.

The vast majority, it seems, have paid naughty folk to get them, wait for it......The UK...

????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

That is a daft comment......Good grief, are you French by any chance...????

No, France, Turkey and Germany have far more refugees per capita than the UK. Why can't the UK abide by international agreements to take its share of refugees. All I see here is an unwillingness to take any refugees at all unless they are white.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, France, Turkey and Germany have far more refugees per capita than the UK. Why can't the UK abide by international agreements to take its share of refugees. All I see here is an unwillingness to take any refugees at all unless they are white.

But they have taken folk in, but they are dealing with naughty folk too. 

Traffickers are making a lot of money promising the UK yellow brick road.

The UK has a problem housing these folk, when a roof is found, say an abandoned barracks, they and the UK lefties complain, a trial solution is Africa, now that is wrong.

The main problem is there are different groups, those with real problems, and those with none.

The Gov. of the day is trying to sort both, blimey, if Corby was in control there would be a stampede of two legged folk...????.....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

But they have taken folk in, but they are dealing with naughty folk too. 

Traffickers are making a lot of money promising the UK yellow brick road.

The UK has a problem housing these folk, when a roof is found, say an abandoned barracks, they and the UK lefties complain, a trial solution is Africa, now that is wrong.

The main problem is there are different groups, those with real problems, and those with none.

The Gov. of the day is trying to sort both, blimey, if Corby was in control there would be a stampede of two legged folk...????.....????

Why are you conflating the traffickers with the refugees. Traffickers are hunted by law enforcement and are prosecuted when caught. The one thing I'm not seeing here is any attempt to understand why those people are refugees in the first place. I accept that many are not genuine but all i see is a lot of racist garbage about how Somalians and Kurds aren't real refugees but Ukrainians are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Why are you conflating the traffickers with the refugees. Traffickers are hunted by law enforcement and are prosecuted when caught. The one thing I'm not seeing here is any attempt to understand why those people are refugees in the first place. I accept that many are not genuine but all i see is a lot of racist garbage about how Somalians and Kurds aren't real refugees but Ukrainians are.

Not from me.....????

The UK has provided a safe haven in Africa for folk escaping from what they are escaping from, I do not see a problem with that, but I can see a problem for people who were hoping or paid for that UK yellow brick road.  ????

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Not from me.....????

The UK has provided a safe haven in Africa for folk escaping from what they are escaping from, I do not see a problem with that, but I can see a problem for people who were hoping or paid for that UK yellow brick road.  ????

Paying a trafficker (human smuggler) doesn't diminish their claim for refugee status. that goes more to the level of desperation than anything.

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

We don’t do baying or outrage and leave that for Lib/Lab/Rejoiners. They usually have time for that while we’re at work. 

We also don’t find the policy appalling, on the contrary rather appealing. That’s why Boris got his landslide victory. 

Nobody here enjoys protection from ECHR. We don’t need any because UK is not the type of country it was set up to protect against. Our Magna Carta has worked for our rights for 800 years. The ECHR and ‘uman rites has only worked for those who come here to abuse them and our country. 

At the risk of being accused of going off topic (again), what's your opinion on the incremental implementation of the new Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill in the UK? The restrictive and invasive new laws being slipped in while you are hard at work?

Sir Winston Churchill participated in the promulgation of the EHCR because it was precisely what the UK and the free world needed in the human rights vacuum that existed in Europe after WWII.

Is that a victim card I see you waving?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

no, your post was utterly incoherent.

It may make more sense if you scroll back a bit ?

I don't have the time to explain the context 

Is that because you can't?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Paying a trafficker (human smuggler) doesn't diminish their claim for refugee status. that goes more to the level of desperation than anything.

So you know all about each one's desperation or search for a yellow brick road, cos I don't, and nor does the Gov.........?

This fact is costing the UK zillions, yet the lefties want them all moved in, cos they could pay for it, weeeell, they eventually would find out they can't, but hopefully they never get the chance...????

PS.  Chompers could post photos of his back garden though....????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

At the risk of being accused of going off topic (again), what's your opinion on the incremental implementation of the new Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill in the UK? The restrictive and invasive new laws being slipped in while you are hard at work?

Sir Winston Churchill participated in the promulgation of the EHCR because it was precisely what the UK and the free world needed in the human rights vacuum that existed in Europe after WWII.

Is that a victim card I see you waving?

Yeh, it's off-topic...????