Tourist visa 30 day extension

Just have to rant about the Thai immigration system.  

I am a 73 YO American, married to a dual citizen, Thai/American. I am seeking a 30 day extension to my tourist visa.  My wife used her Thai passport to enter Thailand.  This afternoon, I went to the Ubon Immigration thinking I was fully prepared to apply for my 30 day tourist visa extension.  Strangely, they asked me for copies of my wife's tambon home registration.  She did not bring it with her on this visit. I am curious as to what this has to do with me. As a tourist on a tourist visa, why are they wanting to process me using her thai home registration?  How would they process me if she was not with me?  I have in my American passport several old OA visas which I used when we lived here, way before covid. I had to use my wife's home registration to apply for these OA visas. Could this be the reason they asked for it?

I just don't understand Thailand.  We have been waiting over 2 years to visit Thailand again, thanks to covid.  Now, after all the Thai businesses suffering due to lack of tourist money during covid, Thai Immigration tries to use these stupid requirements to frustrate us or me.  So much for asking for 10 extra days to go to the beaches down south around Krabi.  I'm sure all the hotels are too busy and full to worry about tourist who can't get a visa extension.

4 minutes ago, jcb2001 said:

Strangely, they asked me for copies of my wife's tambon home registration.  She did not bring it with her on this visit

At a guess they are wanting you to provide a TM30 or equivalent that satisfies them of your address. 

You entered on a new visa and you need to file a TM30.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1