Bangkok Governor Chadchart orders health services to prepare for violent protests

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo from bangkokbiznews.com

Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt has expressed concern over the resurgence of protests, by anti-government elements, at Din Daeng intersection since last Saturday and has assigned a deputy governor to work out how the city’s administration can help in case people are injured during the occasionally violent protests.

The protests at Din Daeng intersection, which have normally been regarded as a matter for the police, was raised at a meeting of city administrators by Governor Chadchart this morning (Tuesday).

While reiterating his opposition to all forms of violence, either by protesters or police, the governor said that his administration will try to find a venue where the protesters could demonstrate peacefully.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-governor-chadchart-orders-health-services-to-prepare-for-violent-protests/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"the governor said that his administration will try to find a venue where the protesters could demonstrate peacefully."

I think that the whole point of a protest is it being in a location to get plenty of news, sometimes by inconveniencing the public or worse. Finding them a venue that is not of their choice is like a cucumber in a d*ldo fight! ...I mean a sandwich in a gunfight... oh, you know what I mean.

How do you edit these posts? ????????

• Haha 2