Departure/arrival card (TM6) temporary scrapped

34 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I don't understand the motivation (how does the TM6 create a queue?) but mainly I am worried about "temporarily". What will happen a few months later if I cannot produce a TM6 at my IO for 90d/extension? I hope they thought this through.

This is only for tourists, keep filling in your TM6 until advised otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I hold a PR and have (had?) to comply with the TM6 in the opposite matter, i.e. filling a departure card on leaving and returning the arrival card on the way back to Thailand. Back in 2019 I was in Vientiane some 29 times and crossed the friendship bridge 29 times which meant 29 TM6 cards. 

To avoid queueing and completing the card in the sun, heat and noise I asked for a few empty cards. The grouchy staff all refused my request and gave me those slips on a one-by-one basis; same inside. I had to ask a flight attendant friend of mine who brought me a whole pile off an aircraft to solve my problem. 

To this day I wonder, what these retarded ever-so-important-officials thought I would do with all those blank cards. The Laotian side had no issue with the same request, gave me a handful of blanks. It is considerably easier to carbon-copy the content onto a blank paper and then just print said content on blank cards rather than repeating the birthday etc. on both the arrival and departure part of cards. Some fields were (most likely) there just to fill the blank card, as place of birth or birthday tend not to change in most cases ......... but I might be wrong here again ???? 

• Like 1

Just now, ezzra said:

And soon i hear Thailand will welcome every tourist with a pack of freshly rolled Thai made Marijuana joints, if this will happen Thailand will be over run with so many tourists and happy days are here again...

Well overrun with those generally wearing sloppy shorts and dirty T shirts maybe. 

12 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Just arrived in Singapore. On line arrival card/ health declaration. Hand over passport, look at camera and off you go. Email follows to confirm your legal entry. No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

Nothing is easy in the hub of paper bureaucracy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What queues, sailed through yesterday.

Scrap Thailand Pass, there were 2 checks between the aircraft and Immigration.

Same here for last Sunday morning arrival, Thai Airways. Sent Mrs.L a message - she likes to be kept informed - at 06.26 to say plane had landed. At 7.09, I had my suitcase. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I thought I read a while back that this had already been cancelled, or am I getting confused with something else ??

...probably confused...you are forgiven...haha

TM6 is out of date... With a good computersystem everything can be checked... your stay, you biometric fingerprints, where you come from and with what airline, as you have to use your passport all the time when you travel... TM6 is just waste of paper.. as all the copies for every extension/applying for residence or whatever you need from the immigration.. How often did we not copied all the same stuff?? They can't scan and make a file of it? and with Thailand Pass again everything in the systems....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

A welcome development, maybe they will make it permanent for foreigners as well as Thais.

To be honest I'm not really sure just how much delay stamping the TM6 and filing the Arrival half really adds.

Of course, when one goes for an extension and doesn't have a TM6 ...

That's what I was wondering about seems that it could pose a problem for immigration

13 hours ago, 2long said:

Could this be a prelude to 

- Thailand Pass is also cancelled

or

- Because of the cancelled TM6, we will continue with the Thailand Pass

I worry about their motives!

Try not to worry too much.

It'll all change again soon

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It looks like the TM6 could be replaced by Thai pass, maybe under another name just to confuse the issue. The TM6 is out dated and a nightmare to fill in after a long flight and a few beers. All the information from the passenger can be given online before the flight, doing the same job as immigration do on your arrival.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Just arrived in Singapore. On line arrival card/ health declaration. Hand over passport, look at camera and off you go. Email follows to confirm your legal entry. No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

And passage through immigration is very fast in Singapore

3 hours ago, cnx101 said:

In this day and age passports should be done away with, should just be able to walk through a scanner that gives all your information automatically from eyes face fingers, and all arrival and exit details sent too you automatically, but maybe I’m thinking 500 years ahead.

Perhaps a simple DNA blood test would be to your liking. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What queues, sailed through yesterday.

Scrap Thailand Pass, there were 2 checks between the aircraft and Immigration.

I came back last Friday, only checked once at the Disease Control desk, no queue only a quick check of name on TP against passport, no big deal.

Out of the airport in about 40 minutes from touchdown.

15 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

Different countries, different policies.

Last week I returned from the UK via Vienna and was stamped in and out of the EU for the connecting flight.

UK nationals can no  longer use the E gates, passports have to be stamped.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1