Departure/arrival card (TM6) temporary scrapped

15 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Just arrived in Singapore. On line arrival card/ health declaration. Hand over passport, look at camera and off you go. Email follows to confirm your legal entry. No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

Yes it can be very easy.

But easy also makes it hard to justify the need of many immigration officers and its so much harder to extort money out of visitors when things are simple.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MartinL said:

Same here for last Sunday morning arrival, Thai Airways. Sent Mrs.L a message - she likes to be kept informed - at 06.26 to say plane had landed. At 7.09, I had my suitcase. 

????

Thai Airways informed your wife that the plane she was travelling with, just landed????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

It looks like the TM6 could be replaced by Thai pass, maybe under another name just to confuse the issue. The TM6 is out dated and a nightmare to fill in after a long flight and a few beers. All the information from the passenger can be given online before the flight, doing the same job as immigration do on your arrival.  

How much bureaucratic nonsense do you think a Thai national is faced with to get into the UK,  or other western countries.

Of little concern to the narrow minded.

That's one right step in the right direction. Traveled all over the world, to modern countries too?

The more undeveloped and distrust the more paperwork has to be filled in at arrival and even sometimes at departure. Same for the visa's and residence permit. My Thai wife got her first residence permit for 5 years, the second for 10 years, which would still be valid now, but she has already obtained the Dutch citizenship. No reporting at any department during the 5 or 10 years permit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cnx101 said:

In this day and age passports should be done away with, should just be able to walk through a scanner that gives all your information automatically from eyes face fingers, and all arrival and exit details sent too you automatically, but maybe I’m thinking 500 years ahead.

500 for Thailand yes..other countries are almost there

so no tm6  But still have to report to immigration within 24 hours of arrival.. 

i fly back here in August and the arrival time and the time it takes me to get back north is either impossible or expensive ..i thought could do on line but the io said report back here within 24 hrs 

no leeway..eh 

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

How much bureaucratic nonsense do you think a Thai national is faced with to get into the UK,  or other western countries.

Of little concern to the narrow minded.

On arrival none -  a quick arguably pleasant chat with a smiling immigration officer and on-wards. Entry requirements might not be perfectly symmetrical - the lengthy form on gov.uk and VFS biometric collection which I believe you are hinting at - but at least we ain't handing over pieces of handwritten paper like it's 20th century..

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

never seem to have a bloody pen either!

Yes indeed. Pre Covid-19, on returning to Thailand from my numerous visits to Cambodia, Burma, Laos and Vietnam with Air Asia, I lost count of the number of times I was asked "may I borrow your pen" when completing my TM6. On several occasions it was passed among a group of passengers - but the pen was always returned! Some passengers also had difficulty in completing the TM6, not understanding English or Thai language.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

so no tm6  But still have to report to immigration within 24 hours of arrival.. 

i fly back here in August and the arrival time and the time it takes me to get back north is either impossible or expensive ..i thought could do on line but the io said report back here within 24 hrs 

no leeway..eh 

I'm sure a bit of leeway will be allowed for travel time.

10 minutes ago, mnomad said:

On arrival none -  a quick arguably pleasant chat with a smiling immigration officer and on-wards. Entry requirements might not be perfectly symmetrical - the lengthy form on gov.uk and VFS biometric collection which I believe you are hinting at - but at least we ain't handing over pieces of handwritten paper like it's 20th century..

In 13 years I have yet to come across a smiling IO, and sometimes the chats are anything but quick.

Are you trying to say the the landing cards that were in use until quite recently were not hand written.

Only the delusional would think that the TP and TM6 are more unpalatable than a UK visitor visa application.

16 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Filling out my TM6 on the plane was always the highlight of my plane journey.

Judging by the volume of complaints from our resident Thailand bashers, it's probably a high point for them as well. Possibly only exceeded by the late departure of their flight to Thailand.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

????

Thai Airways informed your wife that the plane she was travelling with, just landed????

Don't you use punctuation in your language or did you just not have the intelligence to learn about it? 

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Agreed. However, it's the ones that either leave the TM6 in the seat back pocket before deplaning or don't fill it in before they get to the front of the queue that stuff things up. They used to have staffers checking for this on the shuffling conga line but the punters mentioned earlier also never seem to have a bloody pen either!

Or they can't read English and you have to help.

Just did my online 90 day report. The system requires a TM6 number so it’ll be interesting to see if they change that.
However I’m not convinced the TM6 is actually cross-checked against anything in the system 

18 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Just arrived in Singapore. On line arrival card/ health declaration. Hand over passport, look at camera and off you go. Email follows to confirm your legal entry. No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

if IMO & Thailand upgrade their services to some digital form what will they do with all the out of work people, keep in mind they need a supervisor to supervise the supervisor and 5 more to bring them drinks and cookies nahh Singapore style will not fit Thailand

• Haha 1

Wow, The cabinet approved  the temporary lifting of the requirement for foreigners to fill out departure and arrival TM6 form.

BUT,but,

Did cabinet inform Chiang Mai immigration? CM immigration will require it for any extension of stay.

The rules for TM30 reporting were changed in June of 2020. Chang Mai immigration have never heard of it and they still insist on it. 

19 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Same here, excellent system, trust Singapore to get it right! It can be easy for TH, but not sure it ever will be, at least any time soon.