Departure/arrival card (TM6) temporary scrapped

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Bit of a quandry there I reckon. Have to wait for the details for those of us doing 90 day reports and extension of stay. I return 30th July so it would be interesting to see if the airline would still have TM6 for people like myself. The devil will be in the detail!!

Indeed, reminds of the well planned introduction of the 09/06 mobile numbers that not a single bank (for OTP etc) or government portal had planned for or was able to fix for months, at least in one banks case, years later. No one will have communicate this onwards I think, hotel checkins will be equally confused for a day or two. Will there be a grand infographic and shoulder patting event - probably not - even acknolwedging it's costly (the printing is just one issue minor part of costs) and can cause queues its only temporarily 555

Edited by mnomad
  • Like 1

Immigration forms to be temporarily scrapped for non-Thais travelling by air

image.jpeg

The cabinet has agreed to temporarily exempt the use of immigration forms, known as “Tor Mor 6”, for foreigners entering or exiting Thailand by air, to facilitate immigration checks and reduce congestion at airport immigration checkpoints, according to Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Traisoranakul.

There is no timeframe yet when this measure will become effective, but it is expected to take a week.

The same immigration forms for Thai nationals were withdrawn by the military junta five years ago, she said.

Non-Thais entering or exiting Thailand by land or by sea are, however, still required to complete the forms.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/immigration-forms-no-longer-required-for-non-thais-entering-or-exiting-by-air/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

A welcome development, maybe they will make it permanent for foreigners as well as Thais.

To be honest I'm not really sure just how much delay stamping the TM6 and filing the Arrival half really adds.

Of course, when one goes for an extension and doesn't have a TM6 ...

Maybe the suspension will be part of an update in the online 90-day report too. As I entered Thailand many years ago (pre-2016) and have never left the country, my TM6 code is not in the 90-day database for online reporting. As such I get rejected from online reporting. So I use Thailand Post EMS. Dependable (but still fail sometimes to get by return mail my receipt with next report date) but involves local travel to Post.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Tourists don't need to do them and this impacts those mostly. 

What about for those that are on retirement/marriage extension, and leaves Thailand several times a year. What would they do when it comes to renewal time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Tourists don't need to do them and this impacts those mostly. 

So, am I correct in thinking that you believe retirees, etc. will still need to complete one? Maybe a separate booth at passport control?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dsj said:

What about for those that are on retirement/marriage extension, and leaves Thailand several times a year. What would they do when it comes to renewal time.

I do not class them as tourists.... if a person leaves and re-enters Thailand regularly they may need never do a 90 day report. I suspect the need to see a stamped TM6 would have to be removed from extension requirements. 

I am of the opinion somehow that this is going to confuse a lot of expats, thinking it includes them, however it doesn't, it's for tourists only, that said, if returning to Thailand make sure you have your TM6 card stapled in the passport by immigration, otherwise I am sure life will be a little difficult when it comes to your 90 day reporting and extensions.

I.E. Unless I read this wrong. 

• Confused 1