What dates for conversion and extension of visa?

I want to resurrect my retirement visa but also want to ensure my renewal date is sometime January to March, so a couple of questions.

If I arrive on a visa exempt 30 day visa and then apply for a change of visa to non-O what date does the non-O start

1. the date I arrived originally,
  2. the date the non-O is granted
  3. or the date my 30 day exemption finishes?

(i.e. I arrive on the 1st November and get 30 days on arrival, apply for my non-O on the 4th November, it is approved on the 25th November, when does the 90 days of my Non-O start? 1st, 4th, 25th or 30th November.)

Then I have my Non-O valid for 90 days. I apply for the 1 year extension 30 days before it expires. Does that extension run from the start or the end of my 90 day non-O visa?

It used to run from the day your 90 days ran out, but I remember reading that this might have changed some time in the past.

Finally a supplementary. My wife is not Thai and always had a dependents extension, meaning we had to have a marriage licence but the financial side (800,000 Baht etc.) did not apply to her application. My wife reads that this has been changed and she now has to have the money in the bank. Is she correct or can she still be my dependant?

Thanks.

The 90 days from a non-o visa normally starts on the day you apply after it is approved at approved at the division level of immigration. You have to have at least 15 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it on the day you apply. Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

You would then apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices. The extension will start from the end of the 90 days from the non-o visa.

Financial proof will not be needed for your wife's extension of stay for being a member of your family. She will need a non-o visa to do the application. A non-o visa would have to be issued by a embassy or consulate since immigration does not issue a one for family members of a person on a retirement extension. You may find it difficult to get one now at a embassy or consulate in your home country. If not done she could apply for one at a embassy or consulate in a nearby country.

as noted, the non O begins on the application day.  not when you get the non O stamp two weeks later.  i was trying to get my renewal day set for june as may has alot of holidays (which means alot of busy days at immigration - before appts were allowed).  but i ended up with a may renewal date, just what i was trying to avoid. 

Buick, very useful clarification.

I'm looking for a late January renewal date, then I can go to Chiang Mai Immigration on the 25th December - I believe that date is always very quiet for some reason?

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 90 days from a non-o visa normally starts on the day you apply after it is approved at approved at the division level of immigration. You have to have at least 15 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it on the day you apply. Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

You would then apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices. The extension will start from the end of the 90 days from the non-o visa.

Financial proof will not be needed for your wife's extension of stay for being a member of your family. She will need a non-o visa to do the application. A non-o visa would have to be issued by a embassy or consulate since immigration does not issue a one for family members of a person on a retirement extension. You may find it difficult to get one now at a embassy or consulate in your home country. If not done she could apply for one at a embassy or consulate in a nearby country.

I can understand the lease requirement but what if you have arrived recently- how can you show rental payments for the past three months ?  Would paying for 3 months in advance work ? I will arrive using TR visa after using O-A visa for many years before Covid. 

10 hours ago, briley said:

Buick, very useful clarification.

I'm looking for a late January renewal date, then I can go to Chiang Mai Immigration on the 25th December - I believe that date is always very quiet for some reason?

i think that is a good idea.  january is generally free of government holidays (i think may has 5 or 6).  the only issue with january is many others might have expiration dates that month as they come every year during the high season to avoid the euro winters. but at least the offices are open every day.  i'm not sure if CM is offering appointments these days.  i use CW in Bkk and they have appts now, although i haven't used them yet.