Nearly 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot--poll

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

If its a 'slam dunk' case as you put it why hasn't he been indicted and tried in court?

He hasn't, so he is innocent! Because he has not been proved guilty! LOL

I didn't make up "Innocent until proven guilty"

The wheels of justice are notoriously slow. Georgia is working on the case. The decision to indict or not has not been made public as yet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In the Georgia case his crime is

all on tape.

Oh, right on. So, charges are pending, likely, expected?

Sorry for asking, I have not followed this story.

Edited by bocaBob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

U refer to the Georgia case? I just quickly briefed over ( I was under impression that case was put to rest) it now and from what I read the state prosecutor will decide by June 30 if proceeding by way of indictment. There is talk of RICO case which is federal but that's highly unlikely.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Where did you hear that then?

I heard it on late night...it's a joke.  But it's true that pretty much all of the witnesses have been Republicans.  So the idea that it's a Democratic witch hunt kind of falls apart when the witnesses against/incriminating Trump are from his own party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

The US House panel investigating the January 2021 attack on the US Capitol will present evidence this week that former president Donald Trump was involved in a failed bid to submit slates of fake electors to overturn the 2020 election, a key lawmaker says.

Source: The New Daily, Australia

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Governor Kemp would pardon Trump after any conviction. 

Love your sarcasm. Moving to the real world, Trump was stupid enough to suggest to his aides that he want to pardon himself in the final days of his presidency, according to 2 people with knowledge of the discussion. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

I am not any kind of a fan of Trump. I think the chances of Trump being "bent" are quite high. However, having a bunch of Democrats accompanied by a few Republicans (Ms. Cheney for one, whose father and boss Trump disparaged) gathering facts with no real prosecutorial power coupled with a Department of Justice which has been dormant up to this point, does not appear to be a sincere pursuit of truth and justice. It is most difficult to not view this process as an exhibition of the lust Trump's enemies have for eliminating him .

Does anyone really think Trump's constituency will listen to all of these allegations from Congress and then say, "Gee fellas and gals when you put it that way, we must admit Trump is a bad man and needs to be punished,  It will only motivate Trump's people to take further action and the cleavage between the two political parties will only widen.

There needs to be another process where impartiality is recognized and respected (excuse me for using foreign terms) . This is possible, but there is no political will to bring about an alternative process for seeking justice.

Unfortunately we are entrenched in a time when politics has been reduced to spectacle and the current Congressional proceedings mimic reality TV. Check out Youtube for videos of the Watergate hearings and look at the difference between now and then. That was a hearing. Witnesses appeared live, took an oath and answered questions in real time, none of this garbage with videotaped snippets. The current proceedings are for show. Democrats are shivering in their shorts about the mid term elections this November.

The target audience is not Trump’s MAGA.

It is very right and proper that the Congress leaves prosecution to the DoJ.

There is ample evidence that the DoJ is investigating and prosecuting those involved in the Jan 6 attempt to overthrow the election result. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

If its a 'slam dunk' case as you put it why hasn't he been indicted and tried in court?

I didn't say it's a slam dunk, that was someone else's characterisation of it.

He hasn't been indicted up till now because the case hasn't got that far yet. 

It's already gone to a grand jury in Georgia, but that was only empanelled just last month. They haven't returned an indictment yet, and it's expected to take a few months before they do. 

According to the article below:

The panel will focus exclusively on “whether there were unlawful attempts to disrupt the administration of the 2020 elections here in Georgia,” Judge Robert C.I. McBurney of the Fulton County Superior Court told 200 potential jurors who had been called to a downtown Atlanta courthouse swarming with law enforcement agents.

Georgia Jury to Consider Whether Trump Illegally Interfered in 2020 Election

Just be patient, these things take time. 

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1