Nearly 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot--poll

onthedarkside

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Georgia election investigation 'will send Donald Trump to jail': former Watergate prosecutor

According to former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman, he has no doubt that there is an ironclad case brewing in Georgia that will lead to an indictment and conviction of Donald Trump.

Speaking with MSNBC host Katie Phang, Akerman said the evidence is overwhelming that the former president tried to steal the election in the Peachtree state as evidenced by the phone call made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger demanding he find enough votes to secure the state's 16 Electoral College votes.

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-georgia-2657531189/

It's like getting Capone for tax evasion.  Trump's a slippery one.  He's been getting away with so much for so long.  If Georgia can do it, more power to them.  Whatever works.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

I find nothing at all wrong with Clinton's advice to Biden to not concede the election.  I suspect she was harking back to both her election and the 2000 election where Gore conceded the election way too early, only to discover that Florida, and the election, was still very much in play and not decided on election night.  

In a close election, there's no reason to concede early.  All the more so these days with so many mail-in ballots now being used, with various time frames among the states to both mail and count them.  Pennsylvania, I believe, waits until election day to start counting them, a process not completed on election night.  In Gore's case, depending on how the disputed Florida ballots are counted, he either won or lost Florida, and the election, by a tiny number of votes.  It took weeks for Florida, and the election, to be decided.

With Hillary, she won the popular vote by 2.87 million votes but lost the electoral college by very narrowly losing a handful of states.  Had the results been the reverse in 2016, I doubt Trump would have conceded anything.  In 2020, he lost both the popular vote--by a whopping 7 million votes--and the electoral college.  Even with both losses, he still concedes nothing and still spreads the Big Lie that he won the election despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

In any case, you didn't see Hillary calling up Secretaries of State in 2016 demanding they 'find' extra votes in her favor.  You didn't see her demanding that then vice-president Biden disavow the 2016 electoral college results and declare her the winner.  You didn't see her inciting a mob to storm the Capitol in January 2017 and, most odiously, you didn't see her agreeing with a rioter that hanging a non-complying Biden would be a good thing.  

not that the media reported so we wouldn't know would we?

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

rrtfpmsl.....what states were the polls held in?

There's a link in the news blip for the poll, implies most of the country took part, well, those 545 people anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vinci said:

they will never charge Trump because they think it will look bad for America, they will find any excuses not to charge Trump, personally i would like to see Trump in prison 

From above:

"they will never charge Trump because they think it will look bad for America,..."

Point taken.

However seems to me that many folks from many other countries would see the opposite:

i.e. It looks good for America to get this highly unethical lying fool in jail. Becuae it would lift the image on the USA to be very moral in terms of democracy and proper usage/application of the law - the law applies to all citizens without favor.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

As an American citizen, I will await the complete Congressional Hearings to be completed before a final judgement. The Committee is doing a good job of explaining the issues to be addressed, the witnesses are presenting sworn testimony, factual documentation is presented from those tied to the issues. It is public for all to listen, watch. The preponderance of fact will forever condemn those involved for all times through the documented history.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Good for her, I still look forward to the day trump is gaoled...after a trial of course.

You should google what her quote is from.  Would take topic way off, but do enlighten yourself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You should google what her quote is from.  Would take topic way off, but do enlighten yourself.

This is about what I would like to see happen, for a multitude of reasons I believe trump should be in gaol.

Clinton's views are her own and, as you say, not related to this thread.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

''If'' he committed crimes there would be a court trial, with evidence and witnesses from the prosecution and defense and a jury would decide? We are not living in the middle ages?

Yes, I get that.  We all get that.  Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing Trump in prison where he belongs (after he has his day in court, of course).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Yes, I get that.  We all get that.  Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing Trump in prison where he belongs (after he has his day in court, of course).

So not innocent until proven guilty?? LOL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is it now a question of asking the people if crimes should be prosecuted?

He should have been arrested on the way out of the White House.

And obviously all his spineless supporters who know the truth but who want more power and ignore the constitution should also be in jail.

Do Americans think their problems can be solved if the biggest criminals run around free? What a strange country. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

It's sad the Trump supporters blame everybody else.

Just assume for a moment all people in the committee would hate Trump. Does that make the evidence irrelevant?

I know some people are too stupid to recognize the truth or evidence, but that are not so many people.

Lots of people in American and in this forum willfully ignore evidence. And they accept that Trump is above the laws and the constitution.

Even if you love Trump and his politics it should not be so difficult to understand that he is a criminal. Why don't you vote for another politician with similar politics to Trump who is not a criminal? 

• Like 2