Harrowing scene as Canadian cries for his dead wife at early morning accident in Kanchanaburi

webfact

On 6/20/2022 at 6:23 AM, vandeventer said:

Also with weed being very popular now we all might be in a big world of dodo.

You are talking through the bottom of your straw hat. It is obvious you are against weed. Now and in the future, the majority of accidents are caused by booze. Likely a vice you partake in, so say it like it really is, not the way you wish it to be.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

You are talking through the bottom of your straw hat. It is obvious you are against weed. Now and in the future, the majority of accidents are caused by booze. Likely a vice you partake in, so say it like it really is, not the way you wish it to be.

Cannabis a psychogenic drug linked to derangement & violence. Undoubtedly adds to driving dangers. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

In the UK, the police have road tests for drink driving and drug driving.

So, the police/law obviously know smoking dope is doing similar stuff as booze.  

If caught drug driving, the court issues similar punishment as booze, lose your licence...????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

At the heart of incidents like this is a total lack of empathy......NOT a Thai thing by any means.

People simply don't give a damn about anyone else.......loud music, driving dangerously, smoking in restaurants, getting drunk, disrupting flights...they don't give a flying....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Cannabis a psychogenic drug linked to derangement & violence. Undoubtedly adds to driving dangers. ????

Yes, we all know the weed puffers pooh, pooh anything negative about their habit, but the link below lists possible effects, many are definitely a no-no for driving, plus takes a lot longer to get rid of those effects, whereas, booze is a lot shorter period...  ????........????

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-weed-stay-in-your-system#how-to-metabolize-faster

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus: Yes, the increase in availability of dope will undoubtedly result in accidents because the driver / rider was high...  not as much as DUI perhaps, but to suggest someone is anti-weed because they recognise this is rather flawed and highlights a blinkered, over-defensive and unrealistic outlook.

Has it increased in Colorado, Canada, the Netherlands?

No statistics support what you are saying.

1 hour ago, transam said:

If caught drug driving, the court issues similar punishment as booze, lose your licence...????

THC traces stay in the blood for quite a while. You can smoke 2 weeks ago and still test positive. I am curious to know how these pee tests work and how infallible they are.

2 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Jesus, where do you get these scaremongering words. Cocaine and maybe Meth but no way marijuana. Really curious what generation you were brought up in. Only people I know who ever were deranged and violent on marijuana were people who were on other medications and forgot to take their prescription drugs.

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

THC traces stay in the blood for quite a while. You can smoke 2 weeks ago and still test positive. I am curious to know how these pee tests work and how infallible they are.

To be prosecuted in UK for drug driving, it is a blood test to confirm amounts. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

In the UK, the police have road tests for drink driving and drug driving.

So, the police/law obviously know smoking dope is doing similar stuff as booze.  

@nchuckle, you seem "confused" with my posts on drug driving, can I help you further.....????

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Jesus, where do you get these scaremongering words. Cocaine and maybe Meth but no way marijuana. Really curious what generation you were brought up in. Only people I know who ever were deranged and violent on marijuana were people who were on other medications and forgot to take their prescription drugs.

Simple google search. suggest you counter -argue with facts not emotional & anecdotal bias. 

1 minute ago, TropicalGuy said:

Simple google search. suggest you counter -argue with facts not emotional & anecdotal bias. 

Jeez, if you are going to come forth with allegations then you do the work. You are obviously against pot, so it is just like arguing with a right wing christian... there is no point. The end

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Yet another reason not to go there….negative permanent effects include psychosis , paranoia , delusion……???? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Jeez, if you are going to come forth with allegations then you do the work. You are obviously against pot, so it is just like arguing with a right wing christian... there is no point. The end

I have obviously done the work. You clearly haven’t, don’t intend to & wouldn’t accept the outcome anyway. You come again here embarrassing yourself with just more biased emotional irrational drivel.

“ far out man” ????sixties nonsense doesn’t alter reality. it doesn’t matter if I’m against “pot” or not. Medical Facts are facts.

Permanent disabilities from use include psychosis, paranoia, delusion, impaired memory, disrupted body motor movement. 

Would think any rational informed & disciplined person would be “ against” any substance producing those serious harmful effects. ???? 

Now I do accept that people might actually achieve pain relief with it when all else may fail. But this might be the placebo effect at work as there is no supporting scientific evidence & it is not medically prescribed.????

Using this dangerous drug recreationally and putting others at risk would be outrageous. But by all means wreck your own brain if you so choose. ???? Looks in fact like that damage has already been done????

Edited by TropicalGuy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus: Yes, the increase in availability of dope will undoubtedly result in accidents because the driver / rider was high...  not as much as DUI perhaps, but to suggest someone is anti-weed because they recognise this is rather flawed and highlights a blinkered, over-defensive and unrealistic outlook.

Has it increased in Colorado, Canada, the Netherlands?

No statistics support what you are saying.

Colorado: 

The percentage of all Colorado traffic deaths that were marijuana related increased from 11.43 percent in 2013 to 21.3 percent in 2017. Consistent with the past, in 2017, less than half of drivers (42 percent) or half of operators (50 percent) involved in traffic deaths were tested for drug impairment.

https://singerkatz.com/has-the-legalization-of-marijuana-in-canada-led-to-an-increase-in-motor-vehicle-accidents/

Canada:

In B.C it was found found that since legalization, the number of drivers with blood THC concentrations above the legal driving limit (2 nanograms/ml) who were injured in collisions, rose to 8.6% compared to 3.8% before legalization.

https://singerkatz.com/has-the-legalization-of-marijuana-in-canada-led-to-an-increase-in-motor-vehicle-accidents/

https://www.narcity.com/weed-related-traffic-deaths-are-on-the-rise-in-canada

IF you don’t think driving while high increases your risk of causing an accident then you are a fool... 

... and there’s a Mark Twain quote which is perfectly fitting for the point that I’ll not enter a debate with a fool... 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Nothing to do with religion, the facts on smoking dope are out there, but dope smokers will always argue that it's harmless because they are hooked on it......????

Bit like me and malt vinegar.....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Nothing to do with religion, the facts on smoking dope are out there, but dope smokers will always argue that it's harmless because they are hooked on it......????

Sarsons naturally

33 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

I have obviously done the work. You clearly haven’t, don’t intend to & wouldn’t accept the outcome anyway. You come again here embarrassing yourself with just more biased emotional irrational drivel.

“ far out man” ????sixties nonsense doesn’t alter reality. it doesn’t matter if I’m against “pot” or not. Medical Facts are facts.

Permanent disabilities from use include psychosis, paranoia, delusion, impaired memory, disrupted body motor movement. 

Would think any rational informed & disciplined person would be “ against” any substance producing those serious harmful effects. ???? 

Now I do accept that people might actually achieve pain relief with it when all else may fail. But this might be the placebo effect at work as there is no supporting scientific evidence & it is not medically prescribed.????

Using this dangerous drug recreationally and putting others at risk would be outrageous. But by all means wreck your own brain if you so choose. ???? Looks in fact like that damage has already been done????

You are perhaps describing extreme usage...  the same issues occur with extreme usage of pretty much anything... In excess ‘its all dangerous’....   booze is a perfect example. 

But, if we are to compare recreational users... the odd joint on a weekend, the user is not going to experience the issues you describe above, in the same manner someone enjoying wine with dinner is not going to suffer the serious consequences of alcohol abuse. 

Additionally, there is a lot of evidence which suggests marijuana (the THC) is medicinal and there are plenty of medical proffesoinals who are advocates. 

The issue with the debate you [Tropical guy & Pouatchee] have entered is that you are both arguing from the ‘extremes’ and nullifying the balanced middle ground. 

i.e. Excessive use is dangerous. Recreational use is harmless, but if people are reckless and careless (i.e. drive while high) there is an impact on society. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

'Malt vinegar'. Ah,that explains the sour taste…

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

I bow to your far greater experience of being confused by drugs ..unless you’re just using them as a scapegoat for an inherent  condition ? 

Me, puff dope....????

Ahuuum, I was going to do some Googling for you, just to get you up to "speed" on the subject, but I reckon it would be a "drag", as you probably would be on "cloud-nine" anyhooooo....????

Just now, transam said:

Indeed yes, but nothing to do with dope.....????

Definitely not. My personal opinion are that unless prescribed for a specific medical condition by a doctor then smoking dope really is for dopes, but purely my personal opinion.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Me, puff dope....????

Ahuuum, I was going to do some Googling for you, just to get you up to "speed" on the subject, but I reckon it would be a "drag", as you probably would be on "cloud-nine" anyhooooo....????

Lots of things you could "of " (sic) done ,but sadly, none yet of any use. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are perhaps describing extreme usage...  the same issues occur with extreme usage of pretty much anything... In excess ‘its all dangerous’....   booze is a perfect example. 

But, if we are to compare recreational users... the odd joint on a weekend, the user is not going to experience the issues you describe above, in the same manner someone enjoying wine with dinner is not going to suffer the serious consequences of alcohol abuse. 

Additionally, there is a lot of evidence which suggests marijuana (the THC) is medicinal and there are plenty of medical proffesoinals who are advocates. 

The issue with the debate you [Tropical guy & Pouatchee] have entered is that you are both arguing from the ‘extremes’ and nullifying the balanced middle ground. 

i.e. Excessive use is dangerous. Recreational use is harmless, but if people are reckless and careless (i.e. drive while high) there is an impact on society. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-happens-if-you-smoke-marijuana-63526

effects vary. One joint may be harmful. A psychoactive drug is a psychoactive drug. Hardly a good idea is it ? ????