Should we be concerned about USA’s alliance with Thailand?

webfact

USA is not the same as it was long time ago.

But honestly actually, not any country today.

They are now thriving for world domination. You can hear it:

"America first"  "you are with us or against us" 

GS already got Greece to a bankruptcy. 2008 the whole world was financially down, thanx to Americans.

Thanx to pegasus, they used, they could bug lots of governments and CEO's from companies, to have personal, financial gain. 

They have so many secret agencies, no one knows how many and what they are doing.

Thailand can buy F35 but "stripped" edition, it can fly with 700 faults in hard- and software. If my car has one tiny problem with annual test, it is rejected.

"My" government bought those F35's, however wanted 80 of them, but at the end we had maybe 30, as the deal was made to contribute to developing costs.

Good deal for the Americans, not for us, as we have to put more money in to get 80 F35's. 

And then Pfizer and Modena got very rich on vaccines. I still have my doubts.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Taiwan doesn't have a grovelling British government to give it away as happened with HK when they were only bound to hand back the New Territories but gave back the Island and Kowloon as well. Pathetic. Taiwan is weii-armed, some say more than very well-armed, and will not be an easy take. Also I suspect the US will back Taiwan all the way. I certainly hope so. I lived and worked in Taiwan for 6 of the best years of my life.

They have not got a snowball's chance in H&LL.. 

Just talking to a friend from Taiwan and they are referring to it as China.

I think they know what is going to happen.

Edited by garyk

11 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Taiwan doesn't have a grovelling British government to give it away as happened with HK when they were only bound to hand back the New Territories but gave back the Island and Kowloon as well. Pathetic. Taiwan is weii-armed, some say more than very well-armed, and will not be an easy take. Also I suspect the US will back Taiwan all the way. I certainly hope so. I lived and worked in Taiwan for 6 of the best years of my life.

Plus, Taiwan has the best-looking Prime Minister in the world. ????

On 6/21/2022 at 12:06 AM, Thingamabob said:

" Taiwan is weii-armed, some say more than very well-armed"

Let me paraphrase and stress on this point. 

Taiwan is more than very well-spent on arming the force.  It is the American military industries including Austin personally  are laughing to the bank. 

Taiwan soldiers and government do not even have the will to fight in the case of military battle. d

On 6/21/2022 at 12:06 AM, Thingamabob said:

For those not familiar with HK geography,   British got the Hong Kong Island and Kowloon as Colony and had a 99-year Lease of the land named New Territories from 1889-1997. 

British Government under PM Hayes and PM Margaret T  had evaluated the scenario of returning just New Territories to China in 1997  ( not returning Hong Kong Island and Kowloon to China in 1997 ),   but the British Government had decided this scenario was just not viable and dropped  the idea completely.    This specifics was all British Government decision, no body forced them making such decision at all. 

So what is your point raising it ?   

On 6/21/2022 at 3:28 AM, flossie35 said:

Why? US is a dangerous warmonger, and has been ever since WWII. 

Remember, Us is our warmonger, and most western countries wouldnt have been so wealthy that even their less wealthy citizens can sit here and complain about it. 

Us and the partners brought wealth to western countries, and no power in the history managed that without going to wars against their enemies or to secure necessary resources. Need to crack some eggs to make omelette