Thai PM: If you've never smoked weed before, don't try it now!

webfact

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

The Government spend weeks promoting weed and then say don't smoke it duh!

Ok, ok. The government also said for medical use. If I am not mistaken the government did not encourage recreational use. Just to be fair????

Is anyone surprised about how messed up this is?  That the powers that be didn’t think it through? Really??  If you are surprised that it’s a cluster (mess) then I want what *you're smoking!

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you've never smoked weed before, don't try it now!...
possibly the most sensible thing i have read for ages

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

The Government spend weeks promoting weed and then say don't smoke it duh!

Par for the course with this lot. Same fiasco with masks and Covid - now you wear them, now you don't!

Edited by sambum
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Is anyone surprised about how messed up this is?  That the powers that be didn’t think it through? Really??  If you are surprised that it’s a cluster (mess) then I want what *you're smoking!

Your applying western values to a Buddhist country which aren't going to fly.
this is being done along the lines of basic Buddhism.....

Out of chaos and confusion comes clarity.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Have a happy 420 day.

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, connda said:

Give it a year to assess the economic effect.

Don't smoke are the same wise words you tell a child when talking about alcohol.  Too young don't drink, or smoke cigarettes, or marijuana.
Smoke responsibly are the wise words you talk to the public about marijuana.  Just like 'drink responsibly if you chose to drink.'   It's the same concept.

No not the same  as 'drink responsibly'! You are forgetting to mention the 'Big C'! Not the supermarket but 'CANCER'! Smoking kills on a massive scale, not to mention it's negative, and potentially deadly effect on others through passive smoking.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Sad 1

Once again the land of small brains does it again thinking  they are the center of the universe and can legislate.   With all the countries and states with legal weed laws why couldn't they go copy some? 

From my direct experience as a underaged daily user it was addicting. I had to drop all my friends to quit and it took many times falling off the wagon.  I also saw how it changed an adult fishing buddy I had.  He now has to smoke first and last thing of his days and all day long.  Plus he needs to keep 3 types in hand so he can rotate them as he says his body requires higher and higher doses of he doesn't change up. 

I have access to it but don't use it but I think current prices are like 10-20$/gram at the legal shops in Colorado a nearby legal state.   That's 350-700 baht.   With such low labor costs like by a factor of 7 in Thailand.  It should cost like  100 baht/ gram and the quality should go up once more people learn how to clone.  

I have one more question.  Where are all these tourist smoking zones and hotels that allow smoking?   

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Maybe if you can't verify the accuracy of a story, don't print it. Or at least say those story is total bs but we gonna publish it anyway. Cos there is just not enough threads about ganga on asean now atm.

5 hours ago, chalawaan said:

No, it's important that misinformation in this case, is countered with science.

It's also important that we users are mature in recognising everything has a down side, and weed is not for everyone.

Having said that, I find the hysteria around genuine mental health risks hilarious.

If I came to learn that cannabis was detrimental to my mental health, well I would simply not partake!

They go off as if these unfortunate people are being held down and force fed the drug! 

Same with kids, just keep it out of their hands, punish severely anyone who supplies minors, and don't panic if a child consumes active THC edibles they may throw up, they may be distressed at feeling stoned, but they will not become addicted or otherwise harmed by an accidental intake (raw weed is inactive one will never get stoned no matter how much is consumed).

Just RELAAAAXXXX the sky isn't going to fall.

(raw weed is inactive one will never get stoned no matter how much is consumed).

Not entirely true. Made a pot of marijuana tea just steeping the leaves in boiling water and some milk, no buds, and was high for around 8-10 hours after drinking just 2 cups in the space of an hour. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whereyougo said:

I have both on my dresser a high grade 700 baht skunk and compressed rubbish 100 baht. 

Anybody want the 100 baht <deleted>? 

its not that bad

buy a grinder and its better than what i used to have at home, no need to mix with tobacco

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wombat said:

If you've never smoked weed before, don't try it now!...
possibly the most sensible thing i have read for ages

Most school kids will try it once as they will alcohol.  As a 14 year old if one of your mates said <deleted> school today i got some weed... What school? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Asean now have promoted many "reefer madness"  type stories on here, yet, somewhat perversely have also  started an informative "cannabis forum"  I wonder why

Misinformed outbursts by people quoting the tired old anti cannabis propaganda should be classed as fake news and removed

you know the answe to that bro. the more clicks the better. ad revenue, the way she goes.

16 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Thailand's authorities continued to show that they had not fully thought through the consequences of the change in the marijuana laws 

Surprise surprise!

Wait for the flop after the flip...it's coming...!

8 hours ago, DezLez said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it disagrees with your position.  I assume you will object to this statement;

Misinformed outbursts by people quoting the tired old anti pro cannabis propaganda should be classed as fake news and removed.

No I don't disagree that people are entitled to their own opinions, But when those opinions are based personal prejudices formed from incorrect propaganda spread by governments and other institutions (refer madness etc) they need to be called out. Times are changing.

For example,  person may still have reservations about his daughter marrying a black man or his son being gay, but to vocalise any objections to the lifestyle choice of his children regarding those matters  on a public forum would be considered inappropriate these days.

People need to understand that they have been fed misinformation for years, and that their "reefer madness" fears are unfounded and really have no basis in fact.   That relaxation of the restrictions will not bring their world to an end.  That their daughters won't be getting raped, and that there will not be carnage on the roads.  It really will be of no consequence to people who don't partake, but will make life  somewhat more enjoyable for those who do

A little research on the internet might put the minds of the unnecessarily concerned at rest, but there is still a lot of misinformation out there, I would suggest that people look into exactly why the prohibition was implemented in the first place. Perhaps starting with googling https://timeline.com/harry-anslinger-racist-war-on-drugs-prison-industrial-complex-fb5cbc281189  and then look at the connection to Nixon and the anti-Vietnam war protests it might open your eyes a little

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Doesn’t matter what some of you who write these articles think it is apparently driving you nuts now that they fully legalized it. If they went backwards on it now they know it would be the final crushing blow to their economy. So they’re going full steam ahead. 

• Like 2