Thai PM: If you've never smoked weed before, don't try it now!

webfact

1 minute ago, whereyougo said:

Most school kids will try it once as they will alcohol.  As a 14 year old if one of your mates said <deleted> school today i got some weed... What school? 

yeah that's how I was introduced to weed at age 15. lucky for me I didn't like it so didn't turn into a pothead. not that there's anything wrong with that but it does seem anawful more of effort. dudes at school were talking about pulling cones as soon as they woke up in the morning.

6 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

We're just showing what is going on in the Thai press and invariably warning about misinformation.

Rooster

I kind of get that, but some of the naysayers think those stories are true. I really hope the b/s stories don't undermine what is probably one of the bravest and most progressive changes in policy we may ever see

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

It will be interesting to see how long  before people are arrested for DUI POT also Thai school students already are behind the 8 ball imagine what it is going to be like when they start smoking  weed.

Personally my advice is until they get things str8 do it at home in the privacy of your house.  

BUT i am confused is Shisha less harmful that weed and if so it is funny that you can be arrested for shisha but they are going to let people smoke Pot

but then again TIT

Shisha is tobacco ,  the potential for harm is well documented, 

52 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

No I don't disagree that people are entitled to their own opinions, But when those opinions are based personal prejudices formed from incorrect propaganda spread by governments and other institutions (refer madness etc) they need to be called out.

That is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it.  

Others are also entilted to their opinions otherwise there would be no point in any forums as there would be no opinions posted other than yours!

Free speach must be allowed on all subjects!

PS;  I am not discusssing the pros or cons of weed just your objection to free speech!

Enough said.

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

Like many other things regarding this government, mayhem from start to finish.

They start with good intentions, but such is the system it all gets blown out the window.

They really couldn't organise a visit to the toilet for someone with diarrhoea if they were stood outside the toilet.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You know they will.  Just like anything else new.

Remember the queues when Kreepy Kreme donuts first arrived then the same with those buns.

Also the lines outside the Oxygen Bars. I'm racking my brain to come up with a new fad.

30 minutes ago, DezLez said:

That is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it.  

Others are also entilted to their opinions otherwise there would be no point in any forums as there would be no opinions posted other than yours!

Free speach must be allowed on all subjects!

PS;  I am not discusssing the pros or cons of weed just your objection to free speech!

Enough said.

I have no objection to free speech whatsoever although on this forum as on many others there are understandably limits on what can and cannot be said ( I've been suspended several times for crossing boundaries and on reflection probably justifiably so) but with free speech comes responsibility and at least an obligation to not misinform others with outdated views masqueraded as facts

now that's enough said

I have a restaurant in Koh Samui and we have a licence to sell cannabis induced food. We  make banana cake and at customers request add some dried cannabis leaves. One day I was really hungry and we had an unsold loaf so I cut and ate a very small slice. 30 minutes later I was high and had to go and lay down, for the next few hours I had some really wild crazy dreams so will not be trying our banana cake again. Despite this we have a number of customers who place orders and say it really helps them sleep. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

with free speech comes responsibility and at least an obligation to not misinform others with outdated views masqueraded as facts

Who is the arbitrator of what is an out dated view masquerading as facts? 

Is it you or the rest of the forum?

I suggest you let us ALL make our thoughts known and it is up to both you, and more imortantly, other members of the forum to come up with FACTS to prove or disprove that what has been posted is false and  "masqquerading as facts".

YOU are not the forum's editor!

Please allow us our free speach!

• Thanks 1

When I was eight, my dad yelled at me every hour for 10 years...."NEVER go to Pattaya!!!"

My mom made me promise never to follow my dad's -----steps and seek this place.   

I've been living in Pattaya for 21 years; 20-wives, 37 kids, 12 grandkids, 4 greatgrandkids, 2 great-great-great grandkids, and I tell them, "NEVER get a job and send me money!!!"  (note:  don't worry about doing the Maths.  lol)

Edited by Iamfalang

8 minutes ago, DezLez said:

allow all points of view!

No matter how incorrect?  no matter how inappropriate? No matter how insulting to  various "communities"? No matter how offensive?  That would actually suit me fine but its not quite the way it works on here. I have told you twice now that I am all in favour of free speech I am just not in favour of spreading untruths   What part of that do you find difficult to understand  ?

Also if you quote my posts please post the entire script please do not edit selectively in an attempt to change the context

Anyone here on the forum remember when Nancy Reagan said “Just Say No”, to Drugs.  How did that work out?  Anyone else recall the DARE program that many US Law Enforcement Agencies tried out.  DARE-Drug Abuse Resistance and Education and how did that work out? 

The Cat is out of the bag.  With Cannabis the good will come with the bad.  More money will be collected but some will spend more time just getting high.  Who knows how things will turn out.  

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I have told you twice now that I am all in favour of free speech

This is what you said earlier; 

"Misinformed outbursts by people quoting the tired old anti cannabis propaganda should be classed as fake news and removed".

That statement suggests you want to ban any posting regarding any "pro cannabis" comment that you consider to be a  "Misinformed outburst" and it is therefore anti free speach!

Do you really mean to say that you are only anti free speach on cannabis but ok on some other subjects?

Who is the arbitrator on this, or any other forum in your opinion?

Who do you think should decide who is informed and who is misinformed?

PS;  I say again I am taking no sides here on the cannabis lobby, just your undemocratic approach to free speach!

Certainly NOT you IMO!

33 minutes ago, DezLez said:

This is what you said earlier; 

"Misinformed outbursts by people quoting the tired old anti cannabis propaganda should be classed as fake news and removed".

That statement suggests you want to ban any posting regarding any "pro cannabis" comment that you consider to be a  "Misinformed outburst" and it is therefore anti free speach!

Do you really mean to say that you are only anti free speach on cannabis but ok on some other subjects?

Who is the arbitrator on this, or any other forum in your opinion?

Who do you think should decide who is informed and who is misinformed?

PS;  I say again I am taking no sides here on the cannabis lobby, just your undemocratic approach to free speach!

Certainly NOT you IMO!

Once again..........., I'm all for free speech, I just don't agree with misinformation, when I see what I consider to be misinformation, I call it out. That if I'm not mistaken is the very essence of free speech. 

As you correctly say I am not the arbitrator on this or any other forum, that is the responsibility of the moderators and it is they who ultimately decide who is or isn't misinformed. 

I obviously have a pro cannabis stance but if somebody was to claim that smoking cannabis would turn a half wit into a genius I would expect that comment to be called out, and indeed would do so myself. If it was posted repeatedly, as ridiculous as it may be , i would expect the moderators to step in and remove it (probably not the best example but surely you can see what I'm trying to say)

You may or not have noticed that I did not specify  that any particular post was removed

You also suggest "Allow all views" well I can tell you that rightly or wrongly many of my views would not last 5 minutes on here, especially the more extreme ones !

So the free speech that we both value is only tolerated as long as nobody gets offended

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You may or not have noticed that I did not specify  that any particular post was removed

Thank you for your post but yet again you make a mis-statement;  I agree it was not a particular post you wanted removed, just all the anti cannabis ones!

I quote again from  where you did say that posts be removed.  It is the comment which started this discussion as I am sure you must remember;

"Misinformed outbursts by people quoting the tired old anti cannabis propaganda should be classed as fake news and removed.

Edited by DezLez