Action on stray dogs in Krabi - mayor says long term solution is a home for the animals

webfact

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I hate to agree, but you are right. There will never be a 'home' for them, and the authorities are not going to shell out for their care........however, no politician is going to bite the bullet.....unless of course there is something in it for them.

Yeah, and i honestly do find it quite sad for the dogs, but at the end of the day, they don;t exactly have a very nice life anyway, and even if they get re-homed, in my experience i see that a lot of Thai people don;t really know how to look after dogs properly anyway, so it won't be long before they're back out on the streets breeding with multiple dogs again 

15 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Yeah, and i honestly do find it quite sad for the dogs, but at the end of the day, they don;t exactly have a very nice life anyway, and even if they get re-homed, in my experience i see that a lot of Thai people don;t really know how to look after dogs properly anyway, so it won't be long before they're back out on the streets breeding with multiple dogs again 

I shudder to think of the suffering many dogs must experience here. 

To be honest soi dogs probably 'enjoy' a much better life than many owned dogs.

Stayed in an apartment in Ari. Next door, obviously quite wealthy, had two Huskies caged all day every day.....criminal.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

In the whole area 1,000 have been sterilized but he said that the long term solution was to set up a provincial home for the dogs as the local authority couldn't cope with the numbers. 

Coming near your home soon, a heap of dogs that bark and yap all day. They open these 'rescue centres' without a thought of how it ruins the life of any HUMANS living nearby or any consultation with them ! I know one was opened near me, and was destroying my peaceful life, luckily I got it moved away from me, destroy the dogs ! not us mere Humans. So many living here on the charity money meant for dogs.

• Like 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

Coming near your home soon, a heap of dogs that bark and yap all day. They open these 'rescue centres' without a thought of how it ruins the life of any HUMANS living nearby or any consultation with them ! I know one was opened near me, and was destroying my peaceful life, luckily I got it moved away from me, destroy the dogs ! not us mere Humans. So many living here on the charity money meant for dogs.

We are, fortunately, a little outside the village, but at 4am this morning (I was walking the dog.....oh the irony!) there must have been 40 plus dogs going at it big time..........and the locals simply don't give a damn.

28 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:
2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Find homes where?

The reason they're on the streets and beaches is because no one wants them.. 

Exactly!

These 'Soi' dogs just want to be soi dogs, I took 2 from a rescue centre they hated me and did everything to escape back to the streets. In the end I returned them to the pound.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

The quote below your signature says "The world is a magical place, full of people waiting to be offended by something."

If you're not offended by the suggestion of killing homeless dogs, then world is not so much a "magical place" for you as a "morbid place." ????

People are getting attacked and injured because "snowflakes" can't face reality.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So the total number of strays must well exceed 1,000...

set up a home for them.. sorry to say if they're strays they should be put to sleep.

End of the problem.

What about the women? Stray women. Plenty out there.
I volunteer to put them to bed.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

These 'Soi' dogs just want to be soi dogs, I took 2 from a rescue centre they hated me and did everything to escape back to the streets. In the end I returned them to the pound.

Not dissimilar to bar girls possibly ?????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

how much you putting in ? 

Nothing, right now. I don't live in Krabi.

I live in the mountains of Phetchabun and have 14 dogs. They were all strays abandoned on the mountain road near my home.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

People are getting attacked and injured because "snowflakes" can't face reality.

People are getting attacked and injured because people have domesticated dogs and now refuse to give them homes and proper care. So, what is suggested? Kill the dogs. I call that morbid.

4 minutes ago, billsmart said:

People are getting attacked and injured because people have domesticated dogs and now refuse to give them homes and proper care. So, what is suggested? Kill the dogs. I call that morbid.

Hard to see another solution when there are estimated to be 8.9 million stray dogs.......it is a sad but unavoidable solution................if anyone had the ßalls to do it.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, billsmart said:

I agree with the mayor that the best solution is to find homes for these dogs.

Give them a limited time a animal sanctury and if no home is found put them down. Not nice but peoples safety has to come first

• Like 1

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

Give them a limited time a animal sanctury and if no home is found put them down. Not nice but peoples safety has to come first

For many a dog lovers, humans come a very poor second.

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Hard to see another solution when there are estimated to be 8.9 million stray dogs.......it is a sad but unavoidable solution................if anyone had the ßalls to do it.

It's easy to see other solutions: find them homes or house them in government-funded facilities. ????

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I agree with the first part of your suggestion but not the second.

A dog's life is more important than someone's desire for comfort and order. Safety is another issue. If a particular dog is proven to be a danger to humans, then yes, put it down. And, if a particular human is proven to be a danger to dogs, put them down too.

14 minutes ago, billsmart said:

A dog's life is more important than someone's desire for comfort and order. Safety is another issue. If a particular dog is proven to be a danger to humans, then yes, put it down. And, if a particular human is proven to be a danger to dogs, put them down too.

Why wait until they cause an accident or attack somebody? just get shot of the pests. Weird how people have no problem with millions of cows, pigs, sheep and chickens being killed for them to scoff down, but then go all protective over scabby dog vermin. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, proton said:

Why wait until they cause an accident or attack somebody? just get shot of the pests. Weird how people have no problem with millions of cows, pigs, sheep and chickens being killed for them to scoff down, but then go all protective over scabby dog vermin. 

We kill cows, pigs, etc., for food. That's acceptable to me as long as it's done humanely. You are suggesting we kill dogs just because they make you uncomfortable. Why do you think your comfort is more valuable than a dog's life?

Edited by billsmart

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

We kill cows, pigs, etc., for food. That's acceptable to me as long as it's done humanely. You are suggesting we kill dogs just because they make you uncomfortable. Why do you think your comfort is more valuable than a dog's life?

I doubt the guy who lost his left arm on Phuket due to a dog attack is feeling all that comfortable......or the traumatised, scarred for life, little two year old with 200 stitches.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

I doubt the guy who lost his left arm on Phuket due to a dog attack is feeling all that comfortable......or the traumatised, scarred for life, little two year old with 200 stitches.

Thoroughly agree and it usually the pompous self opinionated who have been lucky enough to never have friends or family members injured or worse by a dog that crawl out of the woodwork sprouting their holier than though bile as to why dogs shouldn't be considered a food source, the same as they are in Korea and parts of Switzerland to name only two countries.

Now even better if you live in the Cameroons as they consider dog meat a libido enhancing source so what could be better then saying I am as horny as hell have eating chihuahua ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Like I said above in the part of my post, "Safety is another issue. If a particular dog is proven to be a danger to humans, then yes, put it down. And, if a particular human is proven to be a danger to dogs, put them down too."

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Thoroughly agree and it usually the pompous self opinionated who have been lucky enough to never have friends or family members injured or worse by a dog that crawl out of the woodwork sprouting their holier than though bile as to why dogs shouldn't be considered a food source, the same as they are in Korea and parts of Switzerland to name only two countries.

Now even better if you live in the Cameroons as they consider dog meat a libido enhancing source so what could be better then saying I am as horny as hell have eating chihuahua ????

Excel, you may have missed the part of my post where I said, "Safety is another issue. If a particular dog is proven to be a danger to humans, then yes, put it down. And, if a particular human is proven to be a danger to dogs, put them down too."

And I never said dogs shouldn't be considered a food source - or humans. ????

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, billsmart said:

I take it you will be taking the strays in your area in and looking after them or is it just talk for others to do which on most sites is what it normally is