Action on stray dogs in Krabi - mayor says long term solution is a home for the animals

webfact

I could understand the Buddhism and animal thing a few years ago but considering that it’s now been replaced with Bahtisum if it was stressed that if the dogs go you will make more money I’m sure that they would disappear, but I would be avoiding locally made burgers for a year or two. ????

maybe the Mayor guy from Krabi doesn't read the news...unfortunately it's not only Krabi and/or Pattaya, they  better and less expensive alternatives at their disposal

Two-year-old child brutally attacked by dog in South Pattaya, has over 200 stitches

• Like 1

Scooping them off the streets has the unintended consequence of creating more dogs, not less. Sterilize them and return to the streets, but euthanize or house aggresive dogs, seems the most practical solution here

Long term solution is: Give free spaying neutering services in every precinct as a national initiative, Spay and neuter every single stray in LOS as a national priority NOW and within a few years that whole generation will be gone.

The next gen. won't procreate either, and so the population will slowly decline not entirely because, poor people, callous people, and idiots will still continue to buy puppies and not care for them when they grow up. 

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

Do something useful with them......send them to Vietnam.......Xin ngon!

Not just Vietnam. Reference March 7 2022:-

According to a representative from Four PAWS, annually across Asia about 30 million dogs and cats are slaughtered for food and about three million of those dogs are slaughtered in Cambodia.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501037220/about-three-million-dogs-killed-for-food-in-cambodia-annually-says-four-paws-representative/

Now I know why we do not have a "soi dog" problem where I live!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Haha 1

Just now, Burma Bill said:

Not just Vietnam. Reference March 7 2022:-

According to a representative from Four PAWS, annually across Asia about 30 million dogs and cats are slaughtered for food and about three million of those dogs are slaughtered in Cambodia.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501037220/about-three-million-dogs-killed-for-food-in-cambodia-annually-says-four-paws-representative/

Now I know why we do not have a "soi dog" problem!

I heard  Korea comes a close 2nd   555

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

In the whole area 1,000 have been sterilized but he said that the long term solution was to set up a provincial home for the dogs as the local authority couldn't cope with the numbers. 

So the total number of strays must well exceed 1,000...

set up a home for them.. sorry to say if they're strays they should be put to sleep.

End of the problem.

2 hours ago, stoner said:

and i agree that you and the mayor can cover the cost of said homes.

cool ?

The cost of finding the homes should be covered by either donations or tax money. The cost of keeping the dogs in the homes themselves would be covered by the homeowners.

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Find homes where?

The reason they're on the streets and beaches is because no one wants them.. 

The quote below your signature says "The world is a magical place, full of people waiting to be offended by something."

If you're not offended by the suggestion of killing homeless dogs, then world is not so much a "magical place" for you as a "morbid place." ????