Agent recommendation

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes good suggestion as UK owner, however they are in Pattaya.

Depends on op location 

I used them by post/EMS from northern BKK.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes good suggestion as UK owner, however they are in Pattaya.

Depends on op location 

Key Visa Service can do PP renewal by post, doesn't matter where you live in LOS, using track and trace post, they are doing mine at the mo....????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Key Visa Service can do PP renewal by post, doesn't matter where you live in LOS, using track and trace post, they are doing mine at the mo....????

Again. 

Depends where you live.

If the OP is in Bangkok there are many agents that provide this simple service.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, Crossy said:

I've used KeyVisa in the past with no issues ???? 

How much do KeyVisa charge for UK Passport renewal? 

Looking for the larger (more pages) one as I only ever need to change mine because it gets full.

7 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Looking for the larger (more pages) one as I only ever need to change mine because it gets full.

Why not ring and ask them, ask for Darren, don't mention Man U are sh**e though as he supports them

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Their service fee is 5,000 Baht on top of the passport renewal fee.

• Thanks 2

Won't be using any agent for this service ever again.

Will just do it myself, don't care how much time and effort or money it takes. 

I will treat the experience as two short holidays, in and around the Bangkok area.

Agents. :bah:

18 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Won't be using any agent for this service ever again

Bad service? You don't need to mention agent by name (best not to).

I can only imagine folk using agent if not located in Bangkok.

Fortunately for Oz folk the embassy still provides this service. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bad service? You don't need to mention agent by name (best not to).

I can only imagine folk using agent if not located in Bangkok.

Fortunately for Oz folk the embassy still provides this service. 

Yes, lack of information and time before application was submitted, was not expectable to me.

So will just have small holiday next time, or if in the uk will renew there in one day, even if 5 years is left on passport.

( if service is up and running again )

Agents no thank you. i will enjoy the holidays.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

5000bht, you pay the UK gov for the PP, you can use this companies payment method, but it works out over another 1000bht, which isn't advertised....It is a good service for those who live miles away, for instance, by the time I book flights x 4, taxi's x 4, Burger King x 2, you're probably over the 5000bht, so staying at home and using EMS tracking, has got to be better. ????

How do you get around the passport photo "pickiness" of the UK ? You persevere and take your own photo, you go and pay elsewhere for a professional photo, because even then I have had issues with the photos,  or what ?

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why ? it is all done by post wherever you live. no walk ins.

There are "official" walkins in both CM and BKK  (with appointments)also agents where you can walk in in various regions!

I recently walked in and did mine in CM.  No post used (by me)!

Edited by DezLez

17 minutes ago, Excel said:

How do you get around the passport photo "pickiness" of the UK ? You persevere and take your own photo, you go and pay elsewhere for a professional photo, because even then I have had issues with the photos,  or what ?

For both my wife's and my applications we took our own photos (simple camera, no fancy gear) and downloaded a passport photo app from Playstore to edit them, then printed them - no bother at all. Many apps enable the requirements of a lot of countries, including the UK and allow free use for small quantities.

Edit:- but you're right the UK's requirements are "picky" - if, however, we were able to apply online, as we could if we were living almost anywhere else in the world, you could upload any photo and they would edit it for you.

Edited by Eff1n2ret
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

For both my wife's and my applications we took our own photos (simple camera, no fancy gear) and downloaded a passport photo app from Playstore to edit them, then printed them - no bother at all. Many apps enable the requirements of a lot of countries, including the UK and allow free use for small quantities.

Done several times for all my family here over the years. Its just a pain in the butt having to do it so many times and then checking acceptability of the photo on the UK gov website, or even then the passport office not accepting them and having to do it all again.

Edited by Excel

17 minutes ago, transam said:

5000bht, you pay the UK gov for the PP, you can use this companies payment method, but it works out over another 1000bht, which isn't advertised....It is a good service for those who live miles away, for instance, by the time I book flights x 4, taxi's x 4, Burger King x 2, you're probably over the 5000bht, so staying at home and using EMS tracking, has got to be better. ????

Same for me fuel for 6hr drive in both directions hotel 2 night or 3nights . and then return to pick it up. Jeez that would cost me a lot more than 5K plus the stress of driving on Thai roads. I wouldn't mind one visit but as they will not post it back it would need 2 trips.

Unlike the OZ PP renewal, must apply in person but at least they return it by EMS.  

12 minutes ago, DezLez said:

There are "official" walkins in both CM and BKK  (with appointments)also agents where you can walk in in various regions!

I recently walked in and did mine in CM.  No post used (by me)!

Easyvisa say on there site no walk-ins, yes you can go yourself but if you live a days drive away, then your post is not really helpful. Of course i'd do it myself if it was not so far away. At 71 i need a nights sleep on arriving then have to get up early to visit embassy then i'd need another nights sleep before setting of the next day so i would arrive in time to get the last ferry home. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Easyvisa say on there site no walk-ins, yes you can go yourself but if you live a days drive away, then your post is not really helpful

A precis of this information in your OP would have enabled better advice ....

Alas...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

KVS inspect all aspects of the stuff you send, including the photos, if they think they are not good enough, you will be told to get others done and put in the post. Really easy stuff ya noooo.

These people have been doing this service for many years, I would think they have it sorted by now...????