Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 100,000 baht allegedly stolen by two transgender individuals in Pattaya

webfact

books tix to south

buys chain link by the meter from home pro

one can of gold spray paint

and one long weekend tricking the ladyboys and getting my frank n beans jostled

when in rome!

(smirks thinking about when the LBs get a closer inspection of my hiso necklace) Oy!

Perhaps a small payment to the RTP to ensure that thy get a convincing 'theft report' for the insurance company

If here is a real gang of Transgenders doing this RTP could well be involved.

16 hours ago, Henryford said:

Hard to believe insurance companies fall for this. "I was just walking at 1.30 am with my 100k necklace and it was stolen".

he said he went out from his hotel "just to relax". this

sounds more reliable than just going out for a walk.

this way he can tell the insurance company he allways kept the gold in a safe in the room, and just took it out to refresh when he went out to relax, and allways not too far from the hotel.

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This and many similar articles are about Indian tourists. That brings up the questions:

Do Indian tourists read or watch news?

And do they use their brain to act according to those news?

They apparently do.  And they get insurance because, gosh darnnit, something just might happen to them . . .   :whistling:

And who would take a picture of a brass chain anyway?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

he said he went out from his hotel "just to relax". this

sounds more reliable than just going out for a walk.

this way he can tell the insurance company he allways kept the gold in a safe in the room, and just took it out to refresh when he went out to relax, and allways not too far from the hotel.

Unless they are using some 5 star or at least a good hotel, I would be nervous about leaving valuables in a room safe. Claiming they were stolen from a room safe would be very negative for any hotels.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:02 AM, jacko45k said:

The gold price in Thai baht terms has shot up over the last month or two. I also thought they had caught the culprits recently. 

Either an ongoing insurance scam by tourists, or perhaps working with gold shops and stealing them for reselling?? 

Always seems strange no violence involved but they manage to get a secured necklace of a victim, either dodge claps or very skilled

On 6/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

This and many similar articles are about Indian tourists. That brings up the questions:

Do Indian tourists read or watch news?

And do they use their brain to act according to those news?

Why is this only happening to Indian tourists, yes they buy gold often, however so many others ,?

BiB is quite familiar with travel insurance claims, enough occidental backpackers have come to them in need of a police report to file their claim, sometimes they make  accusations of monkey business on the part of the claimants.  The concept of baksheesh is very much part of Indian life, perhaps they have an understanding.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Why is this only happening to Indian tourists, yes they buy gold often, however so many others ,?

It was reported by Pattaya News (some time ago) that most nationalities do NOT give permission for the details of the robberies to be reported and published - but that Indians DO give permission for publication of details and photos. So, the inference may be that it does happen to other nationalities, but is not reported in the news.

Edited by law ling

On 6/23/2022 at 12:48 PM, RafPinto said:

He has style.

A gold necklace, 2000 karat, worth millions and his designer gold mask made by Fucci.

Insured at: New Delhi necklace insurance company.

FC0C6149-A825-4152-BE19-62C7010FD10F_4_5005_c.jpeg

I always wondered what happened to the Slumdog Millionaire!  Living the Dream! Oh Calcutta!

20 hours ago, law ling said:

It was reported by Pattaya News (some time ago) that most nationalities do NOT give permission for the details of the robberies to be reported and published - but that Indians DO give permission for publication of details and photos. So, the inference may be that it does happen to other nationalities, but is not reported in the news.

I don't think that is the case......