Rooster investigates the “niterie entertainment scene” - still rather quiet but the night ends well

webfact

4 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Yeh, I could never have done that job. How many Trinkisms did you spot?, there were about 20.

Thanks for reading.

Rooster

Most but not all. Knew at the end would be "anything else would be superfluous" or similar. The Night Owl and the random News blurbs from around Thailand (and surrounding) were my favorite parts of The Post back then. Both really raw and raunchy...down & dirty. 

Enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

4 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Most but not all. Knew at the end would be "anything else would be superfluous" or similar. The Night Owl and the random News blurbs from around Thailand (and surrounding) were my favorite parts of The Post back then. Both really raw and raunchy...down & dirty. 

Enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

Were you in Thailand early enough to see Trinks post in the now defunct Bangkok World? He published pictures of go go dancers with comments like comely lass, unbelievable really especially when compared to today's PC World....not a shop!

Thx for reading,

Rooster

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Were you in Thailand early enough to see Trinks post in the now defunct Bangkok World? He published pictures of go go dancers with comments like comely lass, unbelievable really especially when compared to today's PC World....not a shop!

Thx for reading,

Rooster

Before my time. First arrived in 1992, so you've got a decade on me. Those were the days. The Post lost it's edge when they got rid of Trink. Even those little news bits became lame and uninteresting. The new editors were bringing the hammer down. 

The only PC World I had anything to do with was a subscription to the computer magazine back in the 90s and 2000s...and the shop! 

Another great article of the old Trink days. Thanks for the pictures.

It has been over 2 years since I have been back to Thailand, so the pictures

helped my memories. When I started going to Thailand, Patpong was 

very popular, and there were some bars about 10 minutes walk from Nana Plaza, near some train tracks.

but the expressway was built over where they existed. I remember a good place to eat at Gullivers, 

I hope that all restrictions will stay gone, when I come back to Thailand this Winter. Also hope that the

45 days still exist for not having a visa. Keep up the good reporting.

Harvey M

• Like 2

1982. Must have been a bit more fun then :). Frankly, that gogo bar scene is getting sooo old and shabby. I arrived in Bangkok in 2010. It was still fun but the scene was already changing...not quite the same. Now in 2022 it is merely the ghost/shadow of what it once was and dont expect it to get back to what it once was, it just wont happen. Really fading away. Dylan said it well "Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth savin'
And you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'"

I knew Trink and might hence suggest, that the author tries to develop his own style rather than carbon-copy, rather poorly, Trink. Latter, from New York, was a left-over dinosaur; his professional "death" started, when "Bangkok World" (the evening edition of Bangkok Post) was no longer published. He then had a page in Bangkok Post's Saturday edition, where the Nite Owl reported and, over time, his column got smaller and smaller. But then - who gave it a hoot? A thing of the past and like most movie remakes, never as good as the original, despite more modern technologies etc. 

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I knew Trink and might hence suggest, that the author tries to develop his own style rather than carbon-copy, rather poorly, Trink. Latter, from New York, was a left-over dinosaur; his professional "death" started, when "Bangkok World" (the evening edition of Bangkok Post) was no longer published. He then had a page in Bangkok Post's Saturday edition, where the Nite Owl reported and, over time, his column got smaller and smaller. But then - who gave it a hoot? A thing of the past and like most movie remakes, never as good as the original, despite more modern technologies etc. 

"Carbon-copy, rather poorly"????

I suggest you wash your mouth out with a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

'nuff said.

Rooster

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

I've got a spare thesaurus if you need one. A few less entries than my brain but you can't have everything.

Rooster

...............a spare thesaurus , I thought they all died out along with Brontosarus and Diplodocus.

21 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Thanks for reading and the positivity. Some on here just don't get it. They seem so abjectly miserable! And they seem to think I am old, past it. They need to take a long hard look in the mirror, taking care not to crack it.

Cheers,

Rooster

Was that another attempt at humour?

Fun report. Thanks. I do hear things are picking up a bit in Phuket? Anyone want to confirm that? Outside of Bangla, which is always overpriced. 

A friend who stays in Pattaya alot, says it is back to about 25%. Samui is back to about 15%, based on my recent trips. Nightlife rebounding slightly, but very, very little talent yet. Massage is hurting badly. A trace of talent, here and there. 

Last time I visited Nana nothing was open upstairs. Only downstairs in the plaza, was happening. Any different now? Any of the good spots upstairs reopened? Cowboy was scarce too. As Rooster noted. 

If the intention of the dinosaurs is to sabotage nightlife in Thailand, they seem to have nearly succeeded. Let us hope it bounces back, at some point. And let us hope the dinosaurs become extinct. 

On 6/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, webfact said:

Apropos, Prayut said “don’t try it” while his underlings actually promoted the growing of more plants at home, not less.

Nice article Rooster but can you please check something? I thought they announced that thais could grow 6 plants each but also limited the growing to 10 plants per household. I think there's a bit of confusion surrounding this. A lot of people seem to think that every thai can now grow 10 plants each but I interpreted it to mean that if there was 2,3,4 or more thais in the same household that the limit for them is 10 plants in total. Cheers

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

Any gals impressed with the size of your trophy?

Anyone stroke your amulet?  

Did wifey partake before the party?

All I found was the reverse of 'gals'. I didn't even get my mullet stroked. And what happens between my wife and me remains in Vegas. 

Thanks for reading.

Rooster