U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ending 50 years of federal abortion rights

onthedarkside

Pregnant woman ticketed for driving on carpool lane in Texas says unborn baby should count as passenger

A pregnant woman who received a ticket for driving alone in a carpool lane in Texas said that her unborn child should count as a passenger.

Brandy Bottone, of Plano, Texas, was recently driving down Central Expressway approaching the exit for I-635 when she was stopped by an officer checking for high-occupancy-vehicle lane compliance.

By law, HOV lanes have restrictions to encourage ridesharing and require drivers to have at least one passenger inside the vehicle, according to the Department of Transportation.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-texas-woman-fined-unborn-baby-counted-second-person-ticket-carpool-lane-hov-20220709-afwcdaekuzbvdgmm3o3242jo2q-story.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Pregnant woman ticketed for driving on carpool lane in Texas says unborn baby should count as passenger

A pregnant woman who received a ticket for driving alone in a carpool lane in Texas said that her unborn child should count as a passenger.

Brandy Bottone, of Plano, Texas, was recently driving down Central Expressway approaching the exit for I-635 when she was stopped by an officer checking for high-occupancy-vehicle lane compliance.

By law, HOV lanes have restrictions to encourage ridesharing and require drivers to have at least one passenger inside the vehicle, according to the Department of Transportation.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-texas-woman-fined-unborn-baby-counted-second-person-ticket-carpool-lane-hov-20220709-afwcdaekuzbvdgmm3o3242jo2q-story.html

Give that fetus a credit card!

On 7/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, heybruce said:

And it begins:

"On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio."

"Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant."  https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-restricts-abortions-10-old-172452857.html

Of course to a hardcore right-to-life person, that fetus is a human being and the ten year old girl has to carry it to term or die trying.

Biden faces doubt over story of 10-year-old rape victim he used to push abortion order

President Biden is facing increasing skepticism after he repeated the horrifying story of a 10-year-old rape victim to push his executive order on abortion — without seeking any evidence that the tale is true.

Biden on Friday raged against Ohio’s restrictive abortion law as he referenced the widely reported incident, in which a young girl was allegedly forced to travel across state lines to obtain an abortion after being raped.

“Imagine being that little girl,” he said. “I’m serious, just imagine being that little girl. Ten years old!”

But hours later, the Washington Post acknowledged what conservative critics had been saying for days: that the story, first reported July 1 by the Indianapolis Star, is highly dubious.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/09/biden-faces-doubt-over-story-of-10-year-old-rape-victim/?utm_source=reddit.com

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Biden faces doubt over story of 10-year-old rape victim he used to push abortion order

President Biden is facing increasing skepticism after he repeated the horrifying story of a 10-year-old rape victim to push his executive order on abortion — without seeking any evidence that the tale is true.

Biden on Friday raged against Ohio’s restrictive abortion law as he referenced the widely reported incident, in which a young girl was allegedly forced to travel across state lines to obtain an abortion after being raped.

“Imagine being that little girl,” he said. “I’m serious, just imagine being that little girl. Ten years old!”

But hours later, the Washington Post acknowledged what conservative critics had been saying for days: that the story, first reported July 1 by the Indianapolis Star, is highly dubious.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/09/biden-faces-doubt-over-story-of-10-year-old-rape-victim/?utm_source=reddit.com

Even if the story is dubious the Ohio law that makes abortion illegal after six weeks without exceptions for age, incest or rape is clear. 

"Abortions beyond this threshold are legal if the provider determines it's a medical emergency and necessary to prevent the pregnant person's death or "serious risk of the substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function." There are no exceptions for cases of rape and incest or fatal fetal anomalies. "  https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2022/06/29/ohio-abortion-law-what-know-six-week-ban-ectopic-pregnancy/7748045001/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Even if the story is dubious the Ohio law that makes abortion illegal after six weeks without exceptions for age, incest or rape is clear. 

"Abortions beyond this threshold are legal if the provider determines it's a medical emergency and necessary to prevent the pregnant person's death or "serious risk of the substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function." There are no exceptions for cases of rape and incest or fatal fetal anomalies. "  https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2022/06/29/ohio-abortion-law-what-know-six-week-ban-ectopic-pregnancy/7748045001/

The point is lies are told by POTUS to validate a point. But then he just reads whatever is on teleprompter.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The point is lies are told by POTUS to validate a point. But then he just reads whatever is on teleprompter.

No, the point of this topic is that the Supreme Court ruling will allow states like Ohio to pass laws that restrict the freedom and endanger the health of women and children by making it difficult or impossible to get safe, legal abortions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So, the New York Post ---a tabloid that for decades has published stories like "My Two-headed Baby Was Abducted by Aliens"---is criticizing President Biden for talking about a rape/abortion story "without seeking any evidence that the tale is true."

Meanwhile, that same New York Post itself has neither evidence nor proof that the story ISN'T true. They just happen to agree with those who call it "dubious." (And I'll admit that I agreed. When I saw the claim that she was pregnant for precisely "six weeks and three days," I was highly suspicious. But I didn't doubt the story; only the preciseness of the timing being claimed.)

Hey New York Post, what's that word again? The one for "Do as I say, not as I do?" Oh, yeah.............. hypocrite, hypocrisy. 

(And, of course, someone then publishes both stories HERE........... without knowing if either of them are true........... and criticizes Biden for his supposed lack of due diligence! This, of course, is called irony!)

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy

2 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Meanwhile, that same New York Post itself has neither evidence nor proof that the story ISN'T true. They just happen to agree with those who call it "dubious." (And I'll admit that I agreed. When I saw the claim that she was pregnant for precisely "six weeks and three days," I was highly suspicious. But I didn't doubt the story; only the preciseness of the timing being claimed.)

They gave numerous reasons for why they thought the story wasn't true 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They gave numerous reasons for why they thought the story wasn't true 

And who asked Biden how many reasons he had for believing the story was true?

Someone here claimed Biden took the story at face value............ without, of course, having a single shred of evidence that was true. 

He could have easily had a subordinate dig into it before he ever said anything about it......... or........... he might not have.

The only thing we know for sure is true............. is that we dont know. While the only thing we know for sure is NOT true........... is saying it as if you do know, when you don't!

I suspect............ anyone who thinks the NYPost is a good source of information........... probably thinks Infowars, OANN, and ConservativeTreehouse are, too! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

So, the New York Post ---a tabloid that for decades has published stories like "My Two-headed Baby Was Abducted by Aliens"---is criticizing President Biden for talking about a rape/abortion story "without seeking any evidence that the tale is true."

Hey New York Post, what's that word again? The one for "Do as I say, not as I do?" Oh, yeah.............. hypocrite, hypocrisy. 

(And, of course, someone then publishes both stories HERE........... without knowing if either of them are true........... and criticizes Biden for his supposed lack of due diligence! This, of course, is called irony!)

Wold you accept a Washington post report on the same story saying the same thing ?

"But hours later, the Washington Post acknowledged what conservative critics had been saying for days: that the story, first reported July 1 by the Indianapolis Star, is highly dubious."

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wold you accept a Washington post report on the same story saying the same thing ?

"But hours later, the Washington Post acknowledged what conservative critics had been saying for days: that the story, first reported July 1 by the Indianapolis Star, is highly dubious."

Wapo didn't  say that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

‘Conservative critics’ saying stuff.

Well they would wouldn’t they?!

• Like 1

So as the lady in TX was driving in the carpool lane since she was pregnant, will the a state government allow a pregnant woman to claim an extra dependent on state income taxes?  The woman is eating for two and buying new things just for the baby ... 

(TX doesn't have state income taxes but other of these hypocritical state governments do.) 

Would be nice to get the OLD mostly men out of government and let some reasonable people get involved - both sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

And who asked Biden how many reasons he had for believing the story was true?

Someone here claimed Biden took the story at face value............ without, of course, having a single shred of evidence that was true. 

He could have easily had a subordinate dig into it before he ever said anything about it......... or........... he might not have.

The only thing we know for sure is true............. is that we dont know. While the only thing we know for sure is NOT true........... is saying it as if you do know, when you don't!

I suspect............ anyone who thinks the NYPost is a good source of information........... probably thinks Infowars, OANN, and ConservativeTreehouse are, too! 

If this particular story isn't true, thousands like it have been and will be.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Your quote is, of course, NOT from The Washington Post, but just a snippet from the already posted NYPost article. 

But even in your snippet, The Washington Post is referenced as an outlet that considers the story "highly dubious.' But the Indianapolis Star is ALSO mentioned, an outlet that obviously doesn't consider the story "highly dubious," since they were the ones who originated it! 

------> One for, one against. I'd call that inconclusive, at best! Lol <------

But lastly, let's look at how The New York Post went about it. Did they delve into the story themselves? Did they verify facts and interview actual participants?

No, they merely played the "Timmy said........ that Jimmy said...... that Letty said....... that Betty said........" game. Except they did it with their fellow "news" outlets.

Did the NYPost say this story was "highly dubious?" Of course not! THEY DONT KNOW! They just said "The Washington Post says 'it's highly dubious..'" [paraphrased] ("Timmy said that...... Jimmy said that.......")

This is how second-rate "news" outlets build a story......... without having to do any work! They don't do any research  and verification of their own. They just report what someone else said, without ever questioning how much the other guy bothered to research and verify! And they cant even get sued for this because they didn't actually say anything! All they said was......... "This other guy said this!"........ and it's true! They did! 

(Most egregious example of this is, I think......... and embarrassingly common these days............. is when they confuse reading a "tweet"......... with "doing research!" Aargh! Wasn't it bad enough when the word "google" was confused with the word "research?" Now it's devolved to "tweets!")

• Like 1