U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ending 50 years of federal abortion rights

onthedarkside

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

A bacteria is also a life.  We're are predominantly concerned with human life, which begins at the time of fetal viability during the third trimester.

OK , so the third trimester begins at 26 weeks and you are saying that is when life begins .

Heres an unborn baby in its second trimester (34 weeks)  , just before "it gets life on its third trimester"

That is when the unborn baby begins to grow hair , has fingerprints and can recognise peoples voices , and you are saying it isnt yet alive ?

Fetal development: The 2nd trimester - Mayo Clinic

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Once again, that it just YOUR opinion and you don't speak for "most people".

I have a view that if Woman doesn't want to get pregnant, they shouldn't let sperm enter their womb .

You may find that to be an extreme woman hating point of view , but to me its lost logic and nature 

Your opinion is based on ignorance to the facts. The only form of birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence from sex.

Condoms can have minute holes or tear, birth control pills are not 100% effective, a woman can forget to take just one pill as part of her monthly course, stealthing happens by irresponsible men. 

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK , so the third trimester begins at 26 weeks and you are saying that is when life begins .

Heres an unborn baby in its second trimester (34 weeks)  , just before "it gets life on its third trimester"

That is when the unborn baby begins to grow hair , has fingerprints and can recognise peoples voices , and you are saying it isnt yet alive ?

Well over 90% of abortions are carried out before 14 weeks, the first trimester, those at 30 plus weeks are rare and normally only carried out because of a doctors opinion and medical grounds.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well over 90% of abortions are carried out before 14 weeks, the first trimester, those at 30 plus weeks are rare and normally only carried out because of a doctors opinion and medical grounds.

I was replying to a post that stated that life begins at 26 weeks and before that , they dont have any life .

Here is an unborn baby at 13 weeks , well within the abortion time frame 

image.jpeg.0f14a487d4d878ff5d24e0bd77035c1c.jpeg

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was replying to a post that stated that life begins at 26 weeks and before that , they dont have any life .

Here is an unborn baby at 13 weeks , well within the abortion time frame 

image.jpeg.0f14a487d4d878ff5d24e0bd77035c1c.jpeg

A sperm also has life

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

A sperm also has life

Look, we all know about sperm and   eggs and how they need to get together to create a life , we really don't need to explain to each other how that all works .

Sperm has enough life to last a few days , it doesn't have enough life to last 100 years 

34 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Look, we all know about sperm and   eggs and how they need to get together to create a life , we really don't need to explain to each other how that all works .

Sperm has enough life to last a few days , it doesn't have enough life to last 100 years 

But spilling seed willy nilly outside of a hoohah is religiously prohibited. Maybe a new project for Justice Thomas. These radical Christian theocratic nut jobs are already seriously discussing criminalizing contraceptives. Its not such a stretch to making jacking off illegal. Of course they won't do that. Their target is women especially poor women. Not men except if they are gay.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was giving you the facts of life. How long that life remains viable without added intervention is another debate. Sperm indeed needs that, as does an early fetus.

Some more facts for you: 9 out of 10 abortions are carried out within 12 weeks not the same as your image shows. In addition, two thirds of those were carried out before 9 weeks.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It does not have a functioning brain capable of supporting consciousness and thought.  It is not a human being.

Looks are deceiving.  Is a statue human life?  It looks human.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

But of course if one or more of those one night stands told you she was pregnant you would happily devote the rest of your life to supporting your child.  Right?

BTW:  If none of those relationships using birth control never resulted in an unintended pregnancy you are either very lucky, didn't have a lot of sex, or are "shooting blanks".

Do you even live in the real world ?

"When taken correctly, the pill is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy. This means that fewer than 1 in 100 who use the combined pill as contraception will get pregnant in 1 year."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/combined-contraceptive-pill/#:~:text=When taken correctly%2C the pill,get pregnant in 1 year.

People that get pregnant on the pill, possibly wanted to ... oops,

Or weren't taking as directed ... oops.

If they could remember my name, and or where I lived, and I passed a paternity test, I guess I would have been a father way back when.

Didn't have to cross the bridge, though hindsight of raising a kid here, it would have been very welcomed.  Who knew back then, kids were so much fun to raise, though I may have had to grow up and curtail some of my adventures ... or not.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It does not have a functioning brain capable of supporting consciousness and thought.  It is not a human being.

Looks are deceiving.  Is a statue human life?  It looks human.

The callous views of human life posted here is disturbing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Do you even live in the real world ?

"When taken correctly, the pill is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy. This means that fewer than 1 in 100 who use the combined pill as contraception will get pregnant in 1 year."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/combined-contraceptive-pill/#:~:text=When taken correctly%2C the pill,get pregnant in 1 year.

People that get pregnant on the pill, possibly wanted to ... oops,

Or weren't taking as directed ... oops.

If they could remember my name, and or where I lived, and I passed a paternity test, I guess I would have been a father way back when.

Didn't have to cross the bridge, though hindsight of raising a kid here, it would have been very welcomed.  Who knew back then, kids were so much fun to raise, though I may have had to grow up and curtail some of my adventures ... or not.

I see.  So before any of your one night stands you verified that the women were all using birth control correctly.

Though even then 99% is not 100%.  And some men have sex more than 100 times in their lives.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

The callous views of human life posted here is disturbing.

It's the real world.  No brain activity means no not alive in a conscious, sentient manner.  That's why brain activity is used to determine when to "pull the plug" on patients in a coma.

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It's the real world.  No brain activity means no not alive in a conscious, sentient manner.  That's why brain activity is used to determine when to "pull the plug" on patients in a coma.

You do realize, (no not alive) that's a double negative.

You're comparing apples & oranges, as usual.  One, if left alone, would probably die without waking.

The other if left alone, not killed, will birth into beautiful life, worthy of enjoying.

BYE BYE

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The callous disregard for the rights of women to hold dominion over their own bodies is even more disturbing.

Yes many women will die and many more will be stuck in a lifetime of dire poverty because this disgusting supreme court has enabled so many states to force women into carrying out pregnancies they wish to end.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 11:07 PM, Atlantis said:

Because they finally correctly applied the US Constitution?!!!! You do know Amendments are a thing right?! You know, there's a mechanism to actually put expansive abortion rights in. Oh wait, but you can't just do that by getting 51% of the vote and then yelling 'fascist!'

"Fascism" isn't defined as properly following a constitution. I think that's called 'hyperbole' or alternatively 'throwing your toys out of the pram / stroller'

It's clear that you don't understand the basis of the court's decision.

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The callous disregard for the rights of women to hold dominion over their own bodies is even more disturbing.

NEWS FLASH .... abortions are NOT banned, and nothing has changed....

... yet ????

SCOTUS simply stated, it's not a Federal issue for the Constitution to regulate.  Let the people who live in the area to decide for themselves.

It's called FREEDOM ... write your state Congress person, instead of holding up a stupid sign or complaining about something on a forum, that doesn't concern you.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes many women will die and many more will be stuck in a lifetime of dire poverty because this disgusting supreme court has enabled so many states to force women into carrying out pregnancies they wish to end.

All could be avoided if people acted responsible and respected life.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

You do realize, (no not alive) that's a double negative.

You're comparing apples & oranges, as usual.  One, if left alone, would probably die without waking.

The other if left alone, not killed, will birth into beautiful life, worthy of enjoying.

BYE BYE

A typo.  I'm sure everyone understood what I was posting.

One is a person who had a functioning brain, consciousness, thoughts, independent action, and a lifetime of experiences and memories.  But when the brain ceases to work the person is gone.

The other never was a person and never had any of those things.  It is a work in progress.  If the woman does not wish to continue the work, she should be allowed to terminate it.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why are there so many protests in the states that have enacted this draconian ban then? They seem to be complaining about their freedom being taken away from them

To say there are not bans is pure gaslighting. Shameful. Pretty much all of  the south now banned or soon to ban.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

All could be avoided if people acted responsible and respected life.

In other words, if women behaved the way you think they should. 

As you have made clear, you don't wear condoms.  You think birth control is entirely the woman's responsibility.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Why are there so many protests in the states that have enacted this draconian ban then? They seem to be complaining about their freedom being taken away from them

Have they really ?

Same reason there's protests in states that allow abortions.  People have nothing better to do, but protest against things that don't concern them.

Protests in the most lenient abortion law states .... go figure.

I'm going to the American Embassy tomorrow to protest that damn SCOTUS ruling.  Even though I'm a male & I'll never be in the USA again.

Who's with me.... ????

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

NEWS FLASH .... abortions are NOT banned, and nothing has changed....

... yet ????

SCOTUS simply stated, it's not a Federal issue for the Constitution to regulate.  Let the people who live in the area to decide for themselves.

It's called FREEDOM ... write your state Congress person, instead of holding up a stupid sign or complaining about something on a forum, that doesn't concern you.

Can you tell me what decisions you allow your neighbors make about your personal control over your own body?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Have they really ?

Same reason there's protests in states that allow abortions.  People have nothing better to do, but protest against things that don't concern them.

Protests in the most lenient abortion law states .... go figure.

I'm going to the American Embassy tomorrow to protest that damn SCOTUS ruling.  Even though I'm a male & I'll never be in the USA again.

Who's with me.... ????

Nobody 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nice to know we have a preacher here. All huh?

Just pointing out the obvious.

Choices vs consequences of ... it really isn't rocket science.