Do you believe that Humanity is worth preserving?

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just a word about the capitalization of the term:  Homo sapiens

This is not a case of my becoming a member of the spelling police.

Rather, from a scientific nomenclature perspective, I am just trying to clarify proper spelling of science terms in my own mind, and for the choice I made in this topic.

First of all, actually I did agonize for hours whether I should use the spelling, Homo sapiens or Homo Sapiens.

Second of all, I just chose the capitalization that seemed best to me.

Third, I would welcome any further input from y'all if you care to disagree with my choice.

Therefore, in summation, and in conclusion, do you think my choice of the capitalization in this term, Homo sapiens, is correct or incorrect.

Now, I realize that Jimmy Kimmel, in the above posted hilarious clip, clearly is not following proper form when he used the capitalization, "Homo Sapiens".

One more thing:  Some say we should not capitalize species but what about genus?

So, in the conclusion to my conclusion, and since we abbreviate Homo sapiens as...  H. sapiens....

Then, I hate to admit it, as you can imagine...

However, I think we should write this term, like this...  Homo sapiens.

Kimmel, if I am correct, is wrong.

So solly to Kimmel.

He is just a sick comedian, not a scientist, which is so very apparent in this video clip example.

Still...Thanks so much to the guy who uploaded this video which was shot in a major city of America.

Regards,

Gamma

you are a guy who should never start a post with "Just a word" 

15 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'm worth saving and so are you Globs and maybe a few others. but the rest of humanity can catch a boat to f#ck-offity land ????

I'm with you, Sir.

Hopefully, our Brave New World will be one populated predominantly by Thai women of ages between 24 and 29.

Edited by GammaGlobulin