Python swallows a Persian cat in the NE - though it's an especially lucky snake

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Naew Na

Snake catchers were called to a house in Ang Kaew sub-district of Pho Thong, Ang Thong province in central Thailand after a 3 meter long python swallowed a cat.

Narong-at, 48, explained to Naew Na that his son raises Persians in a 3x4 meter cat house next to the house and the snake had got in and swallowed one of the four cute moggies. The others were rescued.

Consequently it only took a moment to catch the snake as it was lazily digesting its meal.

Narong-at said that they were alerted to what happened when they heard a fan crashing to the ground. The victim was a seven month old tomcat. 

The snake had a spur on its underbelly, considered especially lucky and which people have used to created marvellously fortunate amulets, according to old traditions. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1

It's all part of nature. When I first moved into my house in northern Chiang Mai there were a lot of frog snakes on my property and yes a lot of frogs as well. You should hear the screams that the frog makes when in the snakes mouth, like a baby screaming. It really put me off but than I new it was part of nature

• Confused 1

In a former house in Thailand, we had a stream running through the garden down to the small river at the bottom. We kept about forty chickens in those days, which were allowed to wander around the whole garden and one day my step-son aged about twelve waded into the stream to rescue a chicken which was thrashing about in the water.  Thinking it was drowning, he tried to grab it, before realizing that it was, in fact, struggling in the mouth of a very large snake.  Needless to say, the snake won, while my step-son was high and almost dry on the bank. 

1 hour ago, Geordieabroad said:

I've had a problem for a long time with neighbbour's cats using our garden as a toilet, tried a few things to stop them but nothing works......till now, i might get a python

I once stayed with a family in Mumbai who kept a large python in the house as a pet/pest controller. They also had large dogs but no cats. The snake was called Desi and was very friendly.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The snake had a spur on its underbelly, considered especially lucky and which people have used to created marvellously fortunate amulets, according to old traditions. 

Not especially lucky for the consumed cat.

14 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

I've had a problem for a long time with neighbbour's cats using our garden as a toilet, tried a few things to stop them but nothing works......till now, i might get a python

Get a Jack Russell or 2.

I have 3,

A silly black cat ventured into my yard a few nights ago.

Lasted about 30 seconds!

????

• Like 1