Things to do around jomtien

kingstonkid

Yes I have been to Pattaya many times but azlways as a single  horny male or as a couple with G F.  This will be my first trip as a family with a 14 year old girl along as well as going to Jomtien   Besides the beach what else is there to do in the area.

Is Tiffany still closed?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Play the 9 hole par 3 course, Pratumnak soi 4, 220 baht, can hire clubs

Or play one hole in any bar and and get a hole in one...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

nongnooch gardens and koh larn for daily trips.

paddle boards are in Na Jomtien, further south.

get involved with her with frisbee, balls.

In the evenings there are volleyball and group fitness with instructor.

There should also be tennis courts around. I know one some 30 minutes walk to south, next to B2 Sea Vie Hotel. On the same soi there are paddle boards and some other water sports

Edited by internationalism

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Would you take a 14 year old girl to Tiffany? She might get confused.

nah it's only old white boys that get confused about that sort of stuff. young people are hip to the jive.

• Like 1

Just now, Hummin said:

As former skydiver, I can tell that place have a reputation, 

There is one further south I would put my trust in to if they allow 14 years to join a tandem skydive. 

They fly tandem paragliders at Koh Larn, as good as A tandem skydive if not even better scenery and flight time. 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Why is a fake floating market a good day out?

OP is taking his 14 year old daughter, why would she know it's fake ???? 

Actually I found it by accident riding my rental bike, thought it wasn't bad for something different and all of my nephews and nieces loved the photos, so not a bad day out

27 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

OP is taking his 14 year old daughter, why would she know it's fake ???? 

Actually I found it by accident riding my rental bike, thought it wasn't bad for something different and all of my nephews and nieces loved the photos, so not a bad day out

to be fair I haven't been there but a fake market just seems wrong, but Nong Nooch will have plenty of good photo opportunities if op doesn't mind the dual pricing

• Like 1

Tiger zoo, Buddha  mountain, Silver lake, terracotta warriors, sheep  farm. In Jomtien  restaurants, bars, big Buddha at Pratumnak with beautiful park, Japanese health spars  gyms,  soi 4 Pratumnak  roller skating, Dongtan  Beach, Dine and Dance at sandbar by the Sea,  Berney music lounge Pratumnak  Soi 5. Beautiful  Cozy  Beach Restaurant to enjoy. Night markets, large nurseries, new shopping malls, the Royal  marina, etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget to visit Ice Cream Queen on Jomtien Beach and Khao Doi coffee. Best icecream ever, made in house. Coconut the best flavour in my opinion. Great milkshakes and cakes, and wonderful coffee next door. Not to be missed!

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

to be fair I haven't been there but a fake market just seems wrong, but Nong Nooch will have plenty of good photo opportunities if op doesn't mind the dual pricing

Falang can stay in the car and sulk..... at least get out of buying the ice-creams that way. 

• Haha 1

Why not get them windsurfing or parasurfing lessons? That's the kind of physical, active thing that teenagers love to do, much better than looking at boring old gardens. The place on the beach opposite Soi 6 should be able to help with windsurfing lessons, while for parasurfing (which looks much more interesting to me) there's a guy often down on Dongtan Beach, near the far toilet block, whose truck has an advertisement for lessons. I'll admit to trying windsurfing when I was in my late 20's, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Mind you, the same thing went for skiing in the Alps, I was hopeless by the time I tried it in my 30's! These things are really best learnt when you're young, it's so much easier then.

12 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Why not get them windsurfing or parasurfing lessons? That's the kind of physical, active thing that teenagers love to do, much better than looking at boring old gardens. The place on the beach opposite Soi 6 should be able to help with windsurfing lessons, while for parasurfing (which looks much more interesting to me) there's a guy often down on Dongtan Beach, near the far toilet block, whose truck has an advertisement for lessons. I'll admit to trying windsurfing when I was in my late 20's, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Mind you, the same thing went for skiing in the Alps, I was hopeless by the time I tried it in my 30's! These things are really best learnt when you're young, it's so much easier then.

Parasurfing ?  kite surfing? 

Parasailing is dangerous, stay away those guys. 

Para Surfing is not the same thing as putting on a parachute and being dragged by a boat.

This is where you have some kind of surf board and control the parasail by hand.

Often seen on Jomtien, though not as often as the other kind.

I do think though that the level of difficulty may out it out of reach for many people. Also you need a lot of wind, so not every day.

Go cart riding near the pier in Pattaya. 1500thb gets you (5) 8 minute rides. Pretty fun, go carts are a blast.

Water parks, you've got the old one on the beach in Pattaya, 100thb/each or go to the one by Silver Lake, 600 thb/each  700thb for a Cabana. Always good depending on weather.

Dolphin Show, the Aquarium on Suk or you have Monster Aquarium a few minutes out of Pattaya.

Well, there's the beach, a road, and a bunch of bars in any direction once you cross the road ????. Just kidding.

The go cart course near the pier would be fun for a 14 year old. Also, the Chocolate Factory.

Is this just a few days or long term?

Much better options around like Tarutao Island, Phi Phi Island, etc. with tourist type activities on the water, for example snorkeling, kayaking, etc that take up the day.

Edited by JimTripper