What's the Average Age Here?

Neeranam

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/30/2022 at 2:37 AM, Walker88 said:

The poster I quote, who seems to base his view on what his dad remembers (Nostalgia ain't what it used to be---Yogi Berra), might not be a student of history. 

Not really. I explained my point and gave a personal example to illustrate, which has some (admittedly minor) relevance.

Millennials, gawd bless'em, somehow are of the belief that they DESERVE to have been born in a perfect world, where they can wallow away existence making TikTok vids and then sitting back waiting for LIKES. Their goal (some Polls put the figure as high as 60%) is to be an "Influencer", whatever the heck that really is. Millennials are entitled and demanding, yet have next to no skills to go along with their lack of desire to learn. Apprentice in something? Please, "we already know more than you", which is, of course, a childish fantasy of a pampered and weak mind.

You're confusing Millennials with Generation Z. Apart from that, agree 100%.

Perhaps we're in the midst of a long cycle, kind of like the period after the fall of Rome, where much knowledge was forgotten and those made weak by the successes that came before them couldn't continue to move the species forward. History once gave that period a name: The Dark Ages. Maybe we've reached that point of weakness again, albeit falling from a much higher level than the Romans. Maybe we're headed into, or have already entered, Dark Ages 2.0.

I agree. If you look at the Roman and Mongol empire, their fall was preceded by times of hedonism and moral collapse, which is undeniably what we are going through nowadays.

Aldous Huxley hit the nail right on the head with his prophetic Brave New World (published in 1932) which depicted a world government controlling uneducated masses through sex and presciption drugs, all in the name of the universal Good.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:41 PM, GarryP said:

I'm only 59 and doing that. Turn on my laptop to search for something and then can't remember what I was going to search for. 2 or 3 hours later I recall what it was and do the search. Called my dad the other day and mentioned it. He laughed and said that's normal. What he forgets is that he's nearly 91.    

Try Scrabble for neuron repair. Though perhaps not against me.

????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Try Scrabble for neuron repair. Though perhaps not against me.

????

Staurday's Bangkok Post cryptic crossword and Sudoku competition with my wife.  Daily Wordle and Quordle too. 

Came here in my 30’ies, now in my 50’ies, have a mental age around 50 and a body as in my 30’ies, except minor damages L4 L5, knee, albow, but can still do almost everything I want. 

Semi retired