Funds for Non-O - Extension based on Marriage not aged 4 months

1 hour ago, creative1000 said:

@DrJack54 ah ok! So if I switch to Non-O in mid August, that will give me another 90-days. The funds will have aged 4 months by then,  just in time to file for the extension before 90-days are up.  Perfect. 

Exactly.

The non O gives you 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days of that permit with money having been in account for 2 months then apply for 12 month extension. 

• Like 1

you mention extension in your opening post, what entry stamp do you have,  non imm O visa, visa exempt, tourist visa.

money for yearly extension for marriage only has to be in an account in your name only for 2 months.

9 hours ago, creative1000 said:

@steve187 Thanks for updating my knowledge about that. I was confusing the # of months with the BOI-Smart Visa Bank Account requirements (which is also my current visa which didn't get renewed unfortunately).

Only 2 months will make things even easier. 

If you are currently still on the BOI Smart Visa, then you are on a Non Immigrant entry. You do not apply for the 90-day on O visa. You go direct to extensions. If you have 400k baht already in a Thai bank account for two months, apply for a one-year extension. If not, apply for the 60-day extension to visit your wife (recognising that you will not have the option of doing so again, and it is a useful option to have in reserve for possible future emergencies).

• Like 1