Passengers on flights to Thailand SHOULD all wear masks on the plane - it's not fake news

webfact

If you have ever worn a mask for 26 + hours you will be aware it is not a pleasant experience, the V between my head and ears was chaffed to a point where it was very uncomfortable. Finished up removing the mask and pulling a jacket over my head.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I'm not calling people who disagree with me 'nutjobs'.

I'm calling idiots who think that their boycott will make any difference to the companies that they are boycotting 'nutjobs.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. ????

I take it that you have never owned and operated a business.

47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...the first paragraph says "must"..."

That is not correct.  The first paragraph does not state that "masks must be worn", it states that "some reports said [wrongly] that masks must be worn".   To quote you, "words have specific meanings", so does the way they are used.

Thank you for such an insightful retort.  My post was referring to the OP and the words that was used.  So where did it mention "[wrongly]" since you have it in quotations?  So, why use a word that wasn't used?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, howlee101 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...the first paragraph says "must"..."

That is not correct.  The first paragraph does not state that "masks must be worn", it states that "some reports said [wrongly] that masks must be worn".   To quote you, "words have specific meanings", so does the way they are used.

Expand  

Thank you for such an insightful retort.  My post was referring to the OP and the words that was used.  So where did it mention "[wrongly]" since you have it in quotations?  So, why use a word that wasn't used?

The word "wrongly" was not in inverted commas in my comment, it was in square brackets, [].  They are used to indicate a word that was not originally written, they are not "quotations" [sic].

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Medit8 said:
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Consider this. An airline operator only has a finite number of cabin crew. If just one passenger, who decides not to wear a mask is Covid +ve, there's a chance that the cabin crew could contract the virus and, at the very least have to go into isolation for a week.

So how long do you suppose it would be before all the cabin crew was infected and the airline grinds to a halt if no passengers wore masks? I know, it's a worse case scenario, but could happen.

The airline have a duty of care to protect their staff, their passengers and their business, so they have every right to insist on mask wearing on their flights.

48 minutes ago, Medit8 said:

You are trying to make a reasoned, well-measured response. You have misjudged the majority of your audience. Stick to short and dimwitted quips. Then you'll fit right in.????

Right now I see 9 like and 6 thank you emojis. I don't think I've misjudged anything.

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Right now I see 9 like and 6 thank you emojis. I don't think I've misjudged anything.

I think that medit8 was agreeing with your post but suggesting that it needed to be dumbed down, so that the posters that you are trying to explain your point to can understand it.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

From what I have read, the "science" on aircraft and the virus is that there is really little risk of catching Covid during a flight. Yes, the cabin is sealed. However, the air is constantly drawn upward to the ceiling of the cabin, where it goes through a serious filtration process before being recirculated in the cabin. The IATA does not think it is a danger at all. 

So masks on planes seem to be more performative theatre than actual precaution. 

Your close but have your airflow backwards. In any case as I stated in another thread either everything iata is saying true or its not. If it is wearing masks is ridiculous 

I flew Thai Airways arriving on June 28 from Frankfurt to BKK and the English announcements repeatedly said you must wear a mask on the flight.  I took off for eating and drinking and since it was an overnight flight and sleeping part of the time I also took off then.  I don't think they hassled anyone not wearing masks and I noted most everyone was complying.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

(...) after reports that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand reported said that all passengers must wear masks on flights entering Thailand from today (July 1st).

Two steps forward, three steps back?

Wonder, how they want to enforce this? Also, what does that mean, wear a mask on the plane, but can take off when getting off the plane? Or required to wear a mask in the airport as well?

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Two steps forward, three steps back?

Wonder, how they want to enforce this? Also, what does that mean, wear a mask on the plane, but can take off when getting off the plane? Or required to wear a mask in the airport as well?

From what has been stated so far it would appear that some airlines “ suggest “ you wear a mask on the plane, others don’t.

But , nearly all, requires you to wear a mask when deplaning at BKK , looks good on the news when they do their propaganda videos.

21 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

From what has been stated so far it would appear that some airlines “ suggest “ you wear a mask on the plane, others don’t.

But , nearly all, requires you to wear a mask when deplaning at BKK , looks good on the news when they do their propaganda videos.

Well, the post said that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand requested it.

48 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

Good!  That means I can rest assured that you will not be on any flights I might chose to take.

With that attitude it gives me yet another reason to avoid flying at present.

4 minutes ago, DezLez said:

With that attitude it gives me yet another reason to avoid flying at present.

Your choice, your loss.

Neither the airlines nor Thailand will miss you.

As I've already suggested, you are cutting you nose off to spite your face.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Seems to me there are many confusions and the PM needs to make a State of the Country Address to lay it all out so everyone gets on the same page. 

What makes you think the PM (and many of his officials) aren’t the MOST confused by their own unthinking utterances ?! If you’re looking for clarity from that source you might be as deluded as are they ! ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qman said:

I flew Thai Airways arriving on June 28 from Frankfurt to BKK and the English announcements repeatedly said you must wear a mask on the flight.  I took off for eating and drinking and since it was an overnight flight and sleeping part of the time I also took off then.  I don't think they hassled anyone not wearing masks and I noted most everyone was complying.  

This is the part I really do not get, they require all to wear a mask, then feed everybody at the same time, when all remove their mask to eat and drink, making the wearing of a mask pointless in the first place.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DezLez said:

I will NOT fly on any airline that demands the wearing of a mask.

If it means I do not fly at all then so be it.

Ah but look at the picture, you are missing the chance to sit next to that lady.

• Haha 1