Passengers on flights to Thailand SHOULD all wear masks on the plane - it's not fake news

webfact

1 hour ago, sandyf said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Before the lifting of the mask mandate a few days ago, I'd guess!

The point was different airlines, different approach.

But why not truncate the post and go off at a tangent.

Why not comment on what I actually did?   I did not "truncate" your post, altering the context, I simply quoted the part that was relevant to my comment and my comment was an accurate observation of your remark.  There could not be a tangential element to my comment when I was directly responding to your specific point.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why not comment on what I actually did?   I did not "truncate" your post, altering the context, I simply quoted the part that was relevant to my comment and my comment was an accurate observation of your remark.  There could not be a tangential element to my comment when I was directly responding to your specific point.

Nice bit of back-peddling there. :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:
28 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Nice bit of back-peddling there. :cheesy:

No back pedalling at all (and definitely no "back-peddling" [sic], whatever that is), I was just explaining to that poster how my quoting part of his post works on this forum. 

What I commented to him  originally was a 100% accurate observation.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 4:52 AM, howlee101 said:

Words have specific meaning.  The post headlines (in all caps) says "SHOULD", the first paragraph says "must", then later on "recommended".  

But the last sentence "Thus it was deemed not fake news though it appeared not to be a stipulation of boarding a flight."....

flew out of Swampy last week masks compulsory..lasted about an hour most took masks off crew said nothing..

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:52 AM, howlee101 said:

Words have specific meaning.  The post headlines (in all caps) says "SHOULD", the first paragraph says "must", then later on "recommended".  

But the last sentence "Thus it was deemed not fake news though it appeared not to be a stipulation of boarding a flight."....

Probably only one word in Thai to cover all these meanings....555

• Like 1

This morning, International flight with Thai Airways, message: "We recommend to wear a mask at all times"

No correction if you did not wear mask, Most people did wear it, maybe 5-10 did not. I wore upon boarding and exit the plane when every body stand so close to each other. And I saw some other that did not wear the mask put it on when they went to lavatory. I think that is the right way to go. 

• Like 1

If any of you think that on your 10 hour or more flight has totally safe air because of the filters

on the airliner, you are in fantasy land. Filters cost money, airlines are trying to get some money back.

Do the math and wear your mask.  I have had 3 family members return from Thailand to Canada, and they did wear their masks,

but either on the plane or at the two stopover airports, they contracted COVID, and did 2 weeks quarantine.

The concept of safe air on an airliners is just a nice thing to think about but not believe.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

If any of you think that on your 10 hour or more flight has totally safe air because of the filters

on the airliner, you are in fantasy land. Filters cost money, airlines are trying to get some money back.

Do the math and wear your mask.  I have had 3 family members return from Thailand to Canada, and they did wear their masks,

but either on the plane or at the two stopover airports, they contracted COVID, and did 2 weeks quarantine.

The concept of safe air on an airliners is just a nice thing to think about but not believe.

Most of the time when I take a flight to Europe, I will arrive with a cold.

Obviously their masks didn't save them from getting infected test positive on arrival.

Did they suffer severe symptoms because of their covid positive test results?

2 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Most of the time when I take a flight to Europe, I will arrive with a cold.

Obviously their masks didn't save them from getting infected test positive on arrival.

Did they suffer severe symptoms because of their covid positive test results?

Why after 2 years into a pandemic do you still not understand the reason and idea behind wearing a mask.

Masks are to help prevent positive patients from passing the virus on, rather than acting as a shield to block the virus.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:57 AM, DezLez said:

I will NOT fly on any airline that demands the wearing of a mask.

If it means I do not fly at all then so be it.

Good we won't miss you. Not only you want to spread disease but you have a strong potential to be one of those agitated passengers.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Good we won't miss you. Not only you want to spread disease but you have a strong potential to be one of those agitated passengers.

Thank you for your less than constructive contribution to the debate and your less than kind message but by the sound of it I suggest you seem to have the "qualities" to be the agitated passenger not me, also I would not be a passenger, agitated or otherwise, under the present regime!

Edited by DezLez
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 4:49 PM, DezLez said:

Just a couple of points;

You seem to assume that I am not in Thailand at the moment and am desperate to fly.  Not quite the case!  

Also  am not "cutting of my nose to spite my face"  I am refusing, which is my right, to tavel on an airline that insists I cover my nose and other parts of my face.  

Ok Karen.

Have the taxi wait for you. 

• Confused 1