Passengers on flights to Thailand SHOULD all wear masks on the plane - it's not fake news

webfact

21 minutes ago, mirage said:

Just flown Bangkok - Dubai with Emirates. Everyone had to wear a mask and constant messages about keeping your mask on. Then flew Dubai - Cairo _ Hurghada with Egypt Air. Almost no one was wearing masks on the aircraft or Cairo airport. Back in Egypt now for a few months and not one mask have I seen. Everything is like it was before COVID. Even my Thai wife no longer wears a mask. It's good to be back to normal.

Good on you without the mask even when the full vaccinated rate for Egypt is less than Thailand. Stay safe. 

• Confused 1

Ok your on the plane cruising at 35,000 feet,stewardess comes up and says "Sir,you're going to have to put a mask on".If you refuse what are they going to do? Divert to the nearest airport n throw you  off the plane?or maybe they quarantine you in business class .If there's a chance it's the latter sign me up.

8 hours ago, DezLez said:

I will NOT fly on any airline that demands the wearing of a mask.

If it means I do not fly at all then so be it.

What a hero you are. Enjoy your time stuck at home.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

They discovered that it was true.

Although the wording showed it was only partially true,

Oh thanks for clearing that up.  I was confused before.  This is why government, media and corporate censorship of "truth" is a bad idea.  They always add confusion, it's in their interests to muddy the water.  

Edited by wealthychef

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Hospitals, shopping malls, airports, planes, public transit, trains, buses. WEAR MASKS...

I assume you mean the people entering/working in these buildings etc and not the actual places/things!

????

• Haha 1

A short domestic flight, is one thing. In fact, they don't even give you food or they give at the end to bring home. At least they are consistent.

Long-haul flights is another thing. I flew 11 h BKK-Europe and back, there was a mask mandate but in fact many people often had it down, including me at times, or at least under the nose. It is not easy to sleep on plane in the first place, much less with a piece of cloth over the mouth. As someone pointed out, also inconsistent because in 11h they must feed you 2x as per IATA regulations, and then it's mask down for all. Besides, I have read that the air flow and filtering on modern planes is so good that there's little chance of contamination unless your neighbour coughs in your face.

Anyway, to each their own choice. I just want to point out that it's a bit extreme to refuse flying because of a mandate that is not really enforced in my experience.

btw, in my home country since June15 there is no more mask mandate on flights.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, DezLez said:

I will NOT fly on any airline that demands the wearing of a mask.

If it means I do not fly at all then so be it.

Especially on a 10+ hour flight... Fortunately there seems to be plenty to choose from so the competition will decide if the remaining ones continue with their requirement policy or not (although it often depends on the destination or departure country).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It's always interesting to see people with such delicate, fragile sensibilities that the thought of wearing a mask puts them in SUCH a tizzy. Muh freedumb!

Does it REALLY hurt you that much? Such a minor inconvenience that could possibly save a life should never have risen to this level of bitter controversy. It's more a commentary of just how selfish people have become. Quite sad, actually.

It is useless, especially in an airplane. Pro mask people also seem to think that masks have no disadvantages whatsoever. Why haven't we always used them from the dawn of time?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, howlee101 said:

Words have specific meaning.  The post headlines (in all caps) says "SHOULD", the first paragraph says "must", then later on "recommended".  

But the last sentence "Thus it was deemed not fake news though it appeared not to be a stipulation of boarding a flight."....

That's the problem CAAT like so many other departments can't make up their minds or understand English grammar properly

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Before the lifting of the mask mandate a few days ago, I'd guess!

The point was different airlines, different approach.

But why not truncate the post and go off at a tangent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1