Major Thai brewer announces increase in beer prices

webfact

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh dear..... now that stuff is awful. 

I just go for Leo as I dislike SIngha and Chang, and Heiny is usually over-priced. 

Your last sentence .  Agree , Leo8 is ok on a warm evening , not sure it will be ok tonight though as now on the second day of continual rain. Chang draught is ok but Singha not so , but we are all different .

Truth is I like beer not bottled lager.  Hick's Special Draught in Cornwall .................ah them were the days.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RedArmy said:

From today 1st July ????

I bought a box yesterday & noticed on my receipt afterwards, i was charged 766 baht instead of my usual 745 baht.

How much was the box you bought today? ????????

20 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Budweiser ?????  I've not seen that in 7-11.

Where do you live?? Budwiser is readily available in all the 7s and beer shops here.

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And the % volume to decrease again with added water to stretch it out a bit.

That would be nice, to be honest. As far as I'm aware there's no "budget" beer in the range between 4 and 5%.

The 4% beers taste too watery for me, but a nice 4.5 or 4.6 would perhaps let me last an extra hour or so before calling time a night out.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah, luckily I'm not a heavy drinker.  Just a small bottle of beer, or two glasses of wine, or a G&T at home in the early evening.

All in a day's work.

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Budweiser ?????  I've not seen that in 7-11.

I get the large cans at Lotus's. Where we live there's a mini Lotus's nearby and I get them there. I'm pretty certain I've got them out of the 7-11s. Lots of people dump on Bud and say it's p!ss, but I find it a very pleasant clean tasting lager. I should add one of the criteria I use for judging beers is how they go for hangovers, if you happen to have 1 or 2 too many. I usually drink in moderation but if I do give Heineken or Bud or San Mig Light a bit of a wallop then next day hangovers are pretty mild. But Leo/Chang/Sing hangovers are diabolical, for me anyway. ???? 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Boon Rawd Trading Co., Ltd. has revealed that the price of Leo beer will increase

Has the Singha Corporation increased the prices of its other beers or just LEO?????

Only asking as I now enjoy Cambodian beers which are much more to my liking. When in Thailand, Chang was my choice.

14 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Has the Singha Corporation increased the prices of its other beers or just LEO?????

Only asking as I now enjoy Cambodian beers which are much more to my liking. When in Thailand, Chang was my choice.

Chang has been ruined by a change in recipe, and continued reduction of abv.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

people need to get rich, and they will!!!!

do you like money?  then start a business!!!

if not, just pay and cry and cry and cry and cry........next month 10000000 baht!!!!!  spend all your money, bring a friend, and give them all your money.

I haven't had a beer in 849 years.   saved 989 billion baht.  

Edited by Iamfalang

15 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Chang, down from 6.4% over the years to 4.8% they are taking the pee ????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:
4 hours ago, Wytchend said:

Don't stress too much please. A bottle of beer (one!) is 250 Baht here in Brisbane ????

You get dancing girls with it for that price here!

You can get a BJ for the price of 2 Ozy beers here.

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Same, i've pretty much quit beer and starting hitting the gym + a low calorie diet. 
I'll stick to the odd occasional Gin or a couple of glasses of red wine. 

Any spirit will be low-carb, whisky, rum, gin, vodka etc. Red wine is a bit higher. Beer is the absolute worst for liquid carbs.

You'll know when you are making progress at the gym by measuring your resting pulse rate. Anything below 60 bpm is good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedArmy said:

From today 1st July ????

I bought a box yesterday & noticed on my receipt afterwards, i was charged 766 baht instead of my usual 745 baht.

.....and can you live with this increase or got problems to survive? ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure why it's sad.  I find a cold Leo with lots of ice in the afternoon delightful. Cheers.

Me too, booger. I actually like the taste of ice water better then Leo. Maybe somebody will figure out how to add alcohol to ice water. Would be a great seller!

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

Where do you live?? Budwiser is readily available in all the 7s and beer shops here.

That would be nice, to be honest. As far as I'm aware there's no "budget" beer in the range between 4 and 5%.

The 4% beers taste too watery for me, but a nice 4.5 or 4.6 would perhaps let me last an extra hour or so before calling time a night out.

Chang 4.8%
Leo 4%

% volume is on the label and doesn't come much more of a budget beer than those two bottles of rubbish, forced on the public by a monopoly brewery.

I pray for the day local breweries are allowed to make craft beer around the 6% mark with some decent flavour.

Maybe even a decent bitter/dark beer.

2 hours ago, grain said:

I usually drink in moderation but if I do give Heineken or Bud or San Mig Light a bit of a wallop then next day hangovers are pretty mild. But Leo/Chang/Sing hangovers are diabolical, for me anyway. 

Probably more to do with the chemicals used rather than natural ingredients.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Chang 4.8%
Leo 4%

% volume is on the label and doesn't come much more of a budget beer than those two bottles of rubbish, forced on the public by a monopoly brewery.

I pray for the day local breweries are allowed to make craft beer around the 6% mark with some decent flavour.

Maybe even a decent bitter/dark beer.

Beer Lao.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Seppius said:

Can't stand LEO, but we are all different in our tastes.

SML for me 5% and every one tastes the same (unless it's been frozen) Why bars still do this I don't understand

Because if drinkers insist on their beer being served 'ice cold' it must be frozen......????

Compare alcohol prices in Cambodia and Vietnam... 

A look at alcohol prices in Thailand.. Makes me wonder why increase? 

Cambodia alcohol good alcohol if so cheap 

And beer 50 sent 

But in Thailand it's whole different story 

Not only... I suddenly few months ago discovered that lazada Vietnam started selling western alcohol you can order it 

A but you want good real scotch whiskey and all cheaper then Thailand deliver to you 

They sold beer and cider there before but now also spirits 

Edited by Moon6966
Forgot something

3 hours ago, grain said:

I get the large cans at Lotus's. Where we live there's a mini Lotus's nearby and I get them there. I'm pretty certain I've got them out of the 7-11s. Lots of people dump on Bud and say it's p!ss, but I find it a very pleasant clean tasting lager. I should add one of the criteria I use for judging beers is how they go for hangovers, if you happen to have 1 or 2 too many. I usually drink in moderation but if I do give Heineken or Bud or San Mig Light a bit of a wallop then next day hangovers are pretty mild. But Leo/Chang/Sing hangovers are diabolical, for me anyway. ???? 

I'll look out for it.  Haven't seen it here in Rayong.

• Like 1

Interestingly, Singha is one of the best value beers you can buy in the UAE licenced stores.  Yesterday I bought a pack of 12 cans each of 490ml, for AED 75 (which is about THB 726 at today's rates).

Cranking the numbers that makes 12x0.49=5.88 litres for THB 726,

Ie THB 123.5 per litre.

Not a bad deal at all, here in Abu Dhabi!

2 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Chang has been ruined by a change in recipe, and continued reduction of abv.

reduction of abv

Thats aways a good thing, reduces the liver damage, beer bellys and people drinking to get a brain buzz.

Edited by userabcd