Major Thai brewer announces increase in beer prices

image.jpeg

File photo

By Online Reporter

One of Thailand’s leading breweries has announced an increase in the price of its beer.

Mr. Phurit Bhirombhakdi, Chief Executive Officer of Boon Rawd Trading Co., Ltd. has revealed that the price of Leo beer will increase from July 1, citing rising costs in production, energy and fuel.

Mr. Phurit said efforts had been made to maintain the price of Leo in order to reduce the impact on customers. However, rising costs meant that an increase in prices was now necessary.

He added that Leo is the last beer brand to implement a price increase, with other brands having already announced increases earlier in the year.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/major-thai-brewer-announces-increase-in-beer-prices/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-07-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

And I don't care ???? I used to drink Chang but that's looney juice, I can't stand Singha and I drink Leo when out & about so at home I have what I want & that is Archa, each to their own my friend, each to their own ????

Have you tried Chang Cold Brew, it's oke. I drink this and/or Beer Lao Dark (when I can find it)

23 minutes ago, bdenner said:

@KhunLA, now that is the slops in the bottom of the spillage tray!

Yea ... had a sip

... once.  That's just vile

Back to Snowy, as Kopper no where to be found. 

Strangely, Makro was out of Snowy the other day.  Got 1 in the frig, and 7-11 is short stroll away.

Means fresh stock at Makro next, as they are rarely out.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Can't stand LEO, but we are all different in our tastes.

SML for me 5% and every one tastes the same (unless it's been frozen) Why bars still do this I don't understand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Just reading this thread shows the dreadful lack of choice of Thai beers.

Let's hope Move Forward get their microbrewery bill passed.

There already are 5 breweries I know of.....3 Bears, 72 Brewing Company, Ambrosia, Bannok Beer and Beat Brewing...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

There already are 5 breweries I know of.....3 Bears, 72 Brewing Company, Ambrosia, Bannok Beer and Beat Brewing...

There are a lot more than that but most of them brew outside of Thailand to get around the laws here, then of course the extortionate import tax is paid.

3 Bears is a good example. Their beer was brewed to the Thai owner's recipe in Taiwan and imported into Thailand. It was just too expensive and the pub didn't survive very long.

• Like 2