Dental Crowns in Pattaya

rastlin

1 hour ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Far out that's more expensive than I was quoted in Australia.  It seems way over the top considering the minimum wage in Thailand. How many crowns?

13 porcelain crowns...more expensive than standard ceramic...and 1 implant.

I did some research beforehand and had 3 Dentists listed (10 years ago now) I first went to Warin and was told come back next week...I then went to Dr Cherry @ Dentist on The Beach in Central Festival and got an appointment the same day I asked her what did she recommend and as above 13/1 cost quoted was 220,000 baht.....went back to see Warin a week later and he suggested exactly the same 13/1 but the cost was just 160,000 baht and better quality veneers......been back twice in the past 10 years to have a loose crown fixed NO CHARGE as Warin pointed out....you have paid me once it is enough.....much of his training was done in California I believe.

160,000 baht at the time was just under 3,000 GB Pounds (happy days 54 baht/UK Pound) my sons girlfriend at that time was a Dental Assistant back in the UK and she told me that to have the same work done at her Private practice would be nearer 4 times as much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wn2c said:

why crown and not implant when knowing that anyway later you will need to change for an implant ? crowns do not last as long...

I've just replaced one that lasted over 40 years so if the new one lasts half that long it could outlive me.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:35 AM, wn2c said:

why crown and not implant when knowing that anyway later you will need to change for an implant ? crowns do not last as long...

I had five gold crowns fitted in U.K. in 1973 on the basis that many fillings had already been done and they were teeth "you don't want to lose". Subsequent dentists have warned me that the problem is that they appear opaque on X-Ray's and the dentist can't tell what is going on underneath. However, I have only experienced a root infection with one of them. After careful consideration I decided to have it extracted. This year had two metal/porcelain fused crowns fitted in Thailand for 8,000 baht apiece and am very pleased with the work.  

On 7/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, Toby1947 said:

According to my private dentist in England the Thai dentists use inferior quality products and equipment. Which wouldn’t surprise me as the Thais Cheap Charlie on almost everything else. So buyer beware.

O-Brother............I have had lots of dental work done in Thailand with no problems......And for one 4th- 5th costs in the west....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 1:25 AM, MadMuhammad said:

I recently had an implant done at Dental Design on Pattaya 10 2nd Road. I was very happy with the service and professionalism during the whole experience. 
Maybe a little more expensive than many ‘budget’ clinics but it’s my mouth, it’s gonna be there a long time 

the Dental Design Center -
038 111 844
https://goo.gl/maps/7Y1FAMZECcXV6TW96

Was this one implant with one tooth or one implant to cover a couple?

If you don't mind me asking what was the cost?

28 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Was this one implant with one tooth or one implant to cover a couple?

If you don't mind me asking what was the cost?

One implant with one crown. The initial cost was 54000 baht but I needed a bone graft (I think it was called) as it has been infected for quite some time and damaged the bone, this added 15000 to the cost. The price also included a plate with a fakey so I didn’t look like a dead beat, well less than usual anyway 

It was done over a period of 3 or 4 months, all included in the initial quote, and the service and care I felt was as good as I’ve had anywhere in the past in Aus 

You can certainly get cheaper but I figured it’s my front tooth and I hope it’ll be there for some time with no issues so the little extra cost gave me some reassurance, placebo effect or not doesn’t matter to me 

1D9F1CDD-85A6-429E-96B7-A5CF3C3EA217.jpeg

B6F4255D-296A-4BB0-9188-5A7419CB0C86.jpeg

5876999D-1E7A-480B-A8CD-4CF87FCFB057.jpeg

E6C947F6-26C5-4856-A87E-129F00954493.jpeg

Edited by MadMuhammad

2 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

One implant with one crown. The initial cost was 54000 baht but I needed a bone graft (I think it was called) as it has been infected for quite some time and damaged the bone, this added 15000 to the cost. The price also included a plate with a fakey so I didn’t look like a dead beat, well less than usual anyway 

It was done over a period of 3 or 4 months, all included in the initial quote, and the service and care I felt was as good as I’ve had anywhere in the past in Aus 

You can certainly get cheaper but I figured it’s my front tooth and I hope it’ll be there for some time with no issues so the little extra cost gave me some reassurance, placebo effect or not doesn’t matter to me 

1D9F1CDD-85A6-429E-96B7-A5CF3C3EA217.jpeg

B6F4255D-296A-4BB0-9188-5A7419CB0C86.jpeg

5876999D-1E7A-480B-A8CD-4CF87FCFB057.jpeg

Thanks.

• Like 1