Dental Crowns in Pattaya

rastlin

Hi Everyone:

I need a full set of dental crowns. I am looking for recommendations for a good clinic/dentist(s) in Pattaya who can perform the work. I'd also be interested in hearing places to avoid if someone had a bad experience.

Thanks in advance for all replies. 

11 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

This is a dentist that I use.

http://www.germandental.com/

This the the placed I've used in the past 10 years,  German?  From what I understand the German guy might be a Dentist or Lab Tech as we called them in U. S.  But he does the consultant using Thai staff he has he own lab onsite and had done crowns in 2 days. Bit expensive from talking prices with other expat but I was happy with the work. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

V-Dental Clinic on South a bit further East than Friendship Market and on the other side of the street. Dr. Nu but I'm sure there may be another dentist there and they have another clinic somewhere in town.

Some searching on the site will get you much more info; seems I recall the subject matter from before.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ah ok a different Dr Warin to the one at Dental Care Center on Klang

Screenshot_2022-07-02-06-00-04-744_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg

Same one he works there and in the one at Pattaya Klang. Some years ago I had him do a number of crowns for me. The initial appointment and assesment were done by him at Pattaya Klang. But he did the work at the one on Pattaya Tai. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, andygrr said:

Same one he works there and in the one at Pattaya Klang. Some years ago I had him do a number of crowns for me. The initial appointment and assesment were done by him at Pattaya Klang. But he did the work at the one on Pattaya Tai. 

Wow so he is at Klang, Pattaya Tai and 3rd road, didn't realise that

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

This the the placed I've used in the past 10 years,  German?  From what I understand the German guy might be a Dentist or Lab Tech as we called them in U. S.  But he does the consultant using Thai staff he has he own lab onsite and had done crowns in 2 days. Bit expensive from talking prices with other expat but I was happy with the work. 

I am a customer there and was always treated to my full satisfaction. 2 crowns for 16 000 Baht, no problems. The Thai dentist makes the work, and before the crowns are set or before everything comes to an end, the owner comes over for a quality control.

The owner, Michael Schlatter, is German. Not a dentist, but a dental technician. Therefore, he has Thai dentists working for him. He has his own dental laboratory in the building. They work only monday thru thursday.

• Like 2

I recently had an implant done at Dental Design on Pattaya 10 2nd Road. I was very happy with the service and professionalism during the whole experience. 
Maybe a little more expensive than many ‘budget’ clinics but it’s my mouth, it’s gonna be there a long time 

the Dental Design Center -
038 111 844
https://goo.gl/maps/7Y1FAMZECcXV6TW96

• Like 1

I had an implant done by the dental clinic in Bangkok Hospital Pattaya a few years back.  Very professional, and they have all the best equipment.  I'm still very happy with their work.  

• Like 1

It is a shame that there is no cheap purchase of medical services in beautiful Thailand and it is hypocritical to say that we found .....a doctor .....generally and vaguely. As a travel destination that is Thailand, many doctors who advertise themselves as good and 'reasonable' prices

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

According to my private dentist in England the Thai dentists use inferior quality products and equipment. Which wouldn’t surprise me as the Thais Cheap Charlie on almost everything else. So buyer beware.

Of course they would say that, they don't want their business going to Thailand. I have two crowns done here in Thailand, Ceramic (cerac) latest technology and materials (the cerac machines cost $100k US), still fine 10 years later, and a 3rd of the price of back home

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xxeo said:

I am a customer there and was always treated to my full satisfaction. 2 crowns for 16 000 Baht, no problems. The Thai dentist makes the work, and before the crowns are set or before everything comes to an end, the owner comes over for a quality control.

The owner, Michael Schlatter, is German. Not a dentist, but a dental technician. Therefore, he has Thai dentists working for him. He has his own dental laboratory in the building. They work only monday thru thursday.

Thanks for setting me straight now it becomes a bit clearer It brought back what I was told. 

When I had a crown done it was long ago, I remember the crown was done well because my older brother was a Master Dental Technician himself when the crown was done he pop it in perfect no grinding which is an indication of their experience. I also know the cost of making a crown like porcelain with ceramic gold and what a dentist markup. My brother use to day " a Dentist with a license to steal " said it enough that he oldest son who use to help him at his lab when young because a Dentist then into a Orthodontist $$$$

I can't remember exactly the cost for the crown 10,000 baht but after Five years under that crown I developed a real tooth ache went back it was determined root canal I thought the crown would be remove but instead they drill into the crown and did the work and filled it back up.  Prior to the work I was leaving for s trip to the States I was worry needed to cancel they inserted into the tooth some time release pain killing device when done painless as if nothing was wrong told good for a year when you return in a few weeks we will finish the job when they did cost 20,000 baht that was 5 years ago. 

I'm one to Serbia now. If you have the ability to travel outside Thailand then I would recommend Serbia. I'm going next week to Belgrade to fix all my teeth. 1 implant with zirconia crown is 550 euro and 1 crown is from 90 euro to 190 euro for zirconia

18 hours ago, andygrr said:

No that's completely incorrect. Dr Pongsakorn Warin only has one practice and works at The H Smile Dental Clinic on Pattaya 3rd Road, who should not be confused with Dr Warin Leekpai who works at Dental Care Center on Pattaya Klang,. He is also highly regarded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

According to my private dentist in England the Thai dentists use inferior quality products and equipment. Which wouldn’t surprise me as the Thais Cheap Charlie on almost everything else. So buyer beware.

I am not so sure of the integrity one comes across back there either these days. We have a few posts suggesting they have been happy with treatment here..... 

15 hours ago, Paris333 said:

It is a shame that there is no cheap purchase of medical services in beautiful Thailand and it is hypocritical to say that we found .....a doctor .....generally and vaguely. As a travel destination that is Thailand, many doctors who advertise themselves as good and 'reasonable' prices

What?  You think prices of Thai medical care is too expensive???

6 hours ago, webhost said:

Dr Warin Leekpai who works at Dental Care Center on Pattaya Klang,. He is also highly regarded. 

8 years ago I had 160,000 bahts worth of work done (porcelain crowns +one implant) at Dr Warins Clinic as far as I am concerned he is the best in Pattaya for good honest value for money dental work....only problem some may find is he is very busy and sometimes a 2/3 week wait is needed for an appointment....well know and respected among expats and locals here in Pattaya

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, petermik said:

8 years ago I had 160,000 bahts worth of work done (porcelain crowns +one implant) at Dr Warins Clinic as far as I am concerned he is the best in Pattaya for good honest value for money dental work....only problem some may find is he is very busy and sometimes a 2/3 week wait is needed for an appointment....well know and respected among expats and locals here in Pattaya

Far out that's more expensive than I was quoted in Australia.  It seems way over the top considering the minimum wage in Thailand. How many crowns?

5 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Far out that's more expensive than I was quoted in Australia.  It seems way over the top considering the minimum wage in Thailand. How many crowns?

Cosmetic work... minimum wage not really the point.

Wife's (Thai) nephew has lost a chunk of a front tooth and the crown required to sort it was also surprisingly expensive.