The Woke

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

In reality what happened is he 'triggered' a bunch of 'the woke' who complained to Twitter who hate everything this man stands for and have been waiting for an excuse to delete him.

I hate him too, and that's just from watching this one extremely dull video.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is it?

What do you think would have happened if Monty Python would have even thought about such a movie today?

They all would have been canceled.

The woke would probably demanded the death penalty for all those traitors.

I think there is some argument to say the attack is personal and nasty.  It's not necessarily being namby pamby, but in fact Twitter's right as a business, to say that direct personal attacks are not allowed.  To talk about cutting breasts off and stuff is personal, insulting and an attempt to humiliate the individual to look silly, crazy, whatever. You might argue they are. Had he discussed the issue of mutilating the body in relation to trans people in general and suggested it is not appropriate he may not have been suspended. But he picked someone out focusing on them and lambasting that individual for his followers and the world.   

My point is he could have adjusted the tone, content and focus of the tweet to still make the same point, but he choose to focus on the individual. Though the individual is an actor they are not a public figure who is saying they are necessarily right about their decision as far as I can tell.  They believe they are a man and are trying to get by. 

Media was different before. There was no twitter or similar. Imagine if the news had a discussion about trans people in the 1970's and reporter focused on one person in the same way - it wouldn't have been allowed. Do you think a letter to the editor like that would have been published in a newspaper. Political correctness does exist and is an issue but things may not have changed as much as you think. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks. I was not sure how to interpret your post but I though I will find out. Now you clarified it. Thanks.

One reason that I started this thread is because it feels so surreal. If anybody would have predicted something like this a few years ago nobody would have believed it could happen.

And I thought I am sure people like to discuss this and it will be an interesting topic here. It seems I was right.

And just to p$#$# off the woke a little more, here something from the good old times. ????

Hilarious-

I wonder whatever happened to the time machine they used to travel so far forward and find the material for that skit.....

• Like 2

Just now, Reposed said:

How dare you? I find that offensive.....

Not.

But weak people might have. Please consider their feelings.

How about you read the oxford dictionary definition of woke and then come back and tell me what the problem is with being woke?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

When I use the term black to describe a person, I mean no offense. Apparently the correct term is African-American

I wonder what the current correct version is to address a black person living in Africa.

And how about a white South African like Elon Musk? 

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Reposed said:

My dictionary was given to me by my dad. It was given to him by his Godmother in 1929. That's the one I go by, not a 2020 nearsighted woke dictionary that defines woke.

But thank you, nonetheless.

You don't use any vocabulary entered into the dictionary since 1929? Really?

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You don't use any vocabulary entered into the dictionary since 1929? Really?

Yes, there is one word in particular which would be appropriate now, but I'm afraid I can't use it....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder what the current correct version is to address a black person living in Africa.

And how about a white South African American like Elon Musk? 

Well, having lived in Swaziland, it would be, in  siSwati, the equivalent of sir or ma'am.

3 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I refuse to think about this government inspired mind control rubbish.

A continuation of the CIA  MK Ultra.

You're afraid the government will control your mind if you attempt to understand woke behaviour?

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

You might be right about that Oxford Dictionary.

But words change their meaning when they are constantly used in certain ways. 

Woke, inclusive, equality are some of the words which have now a different meaning than not long ago.

And then there are words which had the same meaning forever until now, when woke people struggle to even define what a woman is.

The only corruption of the word "woke" is the right's use of it as an epithet to attack the left over an issue which isn't even political.

55 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

So calling those people ignorant, because they don't believe in wokeness (aka anti-wokeness), is the same as saying they are lacking education and knowledge.  Well....if that isn't harassment, then what do you call it?  By the way, I'm sure most anti-wokers are not offended.  I'll be signing off now, I have to google more vids of Jordan.

I have to google more vids of Jordan.

Found some pictures if that helps.

_86647242_jordan_petra.jpg

Amman-CBD-Abdali.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You're afraid the government will control your mind if you attempt to understand woke behaviour?

Yes indeed, the capacity to reason logically is disappearing,

read the comments in this YT performance of Ligeti.

Edited by talahtnut

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I consider myself center-left and I use that word woke - even if the political right uses it as well.

There are many things on which I disagree with the political right. But sometime they have a point, or we could say: they are right.

The left are losing lots of "normal" people from the center because there are so many loud shouting radical left idiots. It's time that the (center) left distance themselves from the radical left.

What part of woke is political and how?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1