The Woke

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Not long ago I thought about the same.

But recently all this woke ideology is all over the place, at least on the internet and "the west". Looking at news it's impossible to not hear or read about it.

Personally I have no problem if some people are gay or lesbian or whatever. But those activists are a big problem. And the activists make life difficult for many people. Jordan Peterson had to resign his job as a professor because of these activists. And not because he spread misinformation but because he asked questions. But those woke activists don't want to answer sensible questions. They want that you follow their "religion".

And because this situation is getting worse all the time I think it's good when more people see what is happening. Then more people can articulate if they agree with those woke activists or if they agree it's time to speak up against them.

"woke" is nothing more than getting educated. If this bigot had merely rescinded his harassment instead of being an activist he may have kept his job. Can you see that he is also an activist?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Why is he a "bigot"?

Or is that just the word woke people call all those others who don't agree with them?

Because he pushes offensive comments in the face of other claiming they are offensive. He doesn't get to decide if his comments are offensive or not. If he wants to continue to make them then be becomes a bigot.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I can see by being specific to the person it is a bit offensive but surely the feeling of harrassment is not sufficient to merit a ban.  I don't get what he has done wrong enough to break the rules. The description of the procedure can be deemed a bit nasty but it is accurate too. Or is it that it was secret information about the procedure. Or was he on two strikes and a small third offence pushed him over the line.

I don't like his attitude and approach  necessarily but surely people can have a say even if their attitude is not appealing to all and sundry. I am all for people doing what they want but, like religion, people can surely be critical of actions or beliefs that aren't necessarily backed up be science at this stage. Sticks and stones and all that. 

The twitter rules are clear on harassment. If people complain of being harassed, who will be the judge other than the person who claims to be harassed? What's important here is that this is about an individual person, not a generalisation.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No!

He accepts that as long as people talk to each other that there will be times when people are offended. And that is not a problem! That's the moment to talk some more. People solve their problems peacefully by talking and trying to understand each other. Cancelling someone and someone's opinion stops conversation. And what happens after people stop talking to each other to resolve problems? You should be able to figure it out and then maybe you should think again if talking, even if some people might be offended, is maybe the better alternative.

Nobody gets a free pass to offend somebody on a personal level, as opposed to attacking their opinions and views. There is a big difference. This scumbag chose to do so. He was fired from his job and could legally have challenged that. How did that work out?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, my statement is not false!

No, it is not! For it to be harassment seen as a legal term, it has to stick in court. How a person feel about it, does not make it harassment, That is just an individual feeling, and some people get easily offended and some not.

So, now I have explained it for you about 3 times. If it does not stick this time, I am sorry. I do not have the capability or power to make you understand. That´s your job. ???? 

You claimed a law existed then failed to provide a link to that law. I'm entitled to consider your claim to be false. That would be rational in anyone's mind.

1 minute ago, howlee101 said:

According to your statement...I can claim harassment by any of your comments just because I don't agree with you based on my perception you are against my way of thinking?  Really?

If those comments are directed at you personally then yes. The OP's harassment wasn't out the subjects beliefs, they were about her medical history.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If those comments are directed at you personally then yes. The OP's harassment wasn't out the subjects beliefs.

Doesn't matter what "you" think.  I believe you inferred the perpetrator doesn't get to decide.  So which is it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, howlee101 said:

Doesn't matter what "you" think.  I believe you inferred the perpetrator doesn't get to decide.  So which is it? 

The distinction must be drawn between personal harassment and criticising a person's beliefs.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The distinction must be drawn between personal harassment and criticising a person's beliefs.

Ah I got it now.  So only like minded people you agree with get to decide where the line is drawn, and what is perceived harassment or criticism.  Can't have it both ways.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reposed said:

Yes, they do. 

But being offended requires the offendee to want to be offended.

I have been insulted numerous times, but never offended. My self-respect, self-confidence, and self esteem are firmly intact.

Anyone can say what they want about me, they will never offend me and I'll never whine like a baby (like some members on this forum).

How is any of that relevant to a person who is actually offended?

I don't see anybody on this forum whining like a baby other than perhaps those whose wish to offend with impunity is challenged.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks.

I just answered a comment from above and added the same video.

I remember how we laughed about that at that time. And nobody though there could ever be a time when people would take this serious. 

I guess it's another sign that I am getting old that I don't understand this modern world anymore.

I guess that's true because the video is in no way related to the topic.

Is it?

What do you think would have happened if Monty Python would have even thought about such a movie today?

They all would have been canceled.

The woke would probably demanded the death penalty for all those traitors.

Your fantasies about what the "woke" want are not based in any kind of reality that you can elucidate. They are your opinion and you make no effort to support it.

• Sad 1