Honda ADV 160

Just saw the Honda ADV 160 launch in Indonesia, looks very nice. Prices are low there 85-95,000 baht. Guess it will be more here. Any one know when it might come to Thailand. I will definitely order one.  Now has a rear disc brake, better instrument panel and a little more power. A lower seat as well which is great for us vertically challenged riders.

• Like 1

Seen a Honda ADV 350 in Phuket, what a beauty for 190k plus. Also the new Honda 160 click at a shop ( all pre-ordered sold ) was told cannot even order it now...overbooked. The ADV 160 looks nice, good question "whens it here" ? I went with the Yamaha 155 Aerox ( on order ) for 82k..... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 1:18 PM, CANSIAM said:

Seen a Honda ADV 350 in Phuket, what a beauty for 190k plus. Also the new Honda 160 click at a shop ( all pre-ordered sold ) was told cannot even order it now...overbooked. The ADV 160 looks nice, good question "whens it here" ? I went with the Yamaha 155 Aerox ( on order ) for 82k..... 

I would have gone for another Aerox but can't stand the weird colours they come in. Will wait for the ADV.

• Like 1

I found ADV-150 too sensitive to movement off-centre vs Nmax..maybe it was the tyre contact area but I never seemed  to be done re-balancing it.

Aerox = hit your knees on the upper fins if over 180cm high.

Personally prefer the latest Nmax to the lot above.

Edited by freedomnow

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

I would have gone for another Aerox but can't stand the weird colours they come in. Will wait for the ADV.

Yeah, the one I got on order is mostly black with the gold wheel rims, the orange or red rims are definitely an eye sore !! Glad to hear you were happy with the Aerox other than the outrageous colour schemes........ 

14 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Yeah, the one I got on order is mostly black with the gold wheel rims, the orange or red rims are definitely an eye sore !! Glad to hear you were happy with the Aerox other than the outrageous colour schemes........ 

Was that the 2021 model BBR2 Dark Knight? I remember it looked pretty good, black and gold, is it still available, price?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Henryford said:

Was that the 2021 model BBR2 Dark Knight? I remember it looked pretty good, black and gold, is it still available, price?

Its the 2022 - BBR6 ( auto start ) mostly black with gold rims - 82,500. On order been waiting 4 weeks now. The 2022 key start bikes are 11,000 baht less but loud eye sore colour schemes.....

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Henryford said:

You can only buy in Indonesia at the moment.

Honda has supply chain problems and have curtailed manufacture of some models in certain markets.

For example.

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/honda-halts-sale-10-models-amid-‘uncertain’-forecast-over-parts-shortages

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, freedomnow said:

Aerox = hit your knees on the upper fins if over 180cm high.

genuine question, do you have to be quite overweight to hit your knees?

I'm 191cm tall and had an Aerox and I think I hit my knees on the sides like twice in the year I've had it but not while riding.

6 hours ago, kekalot said:

genuine question, do you have to be quite overweight to hit your knees?

I'm 191cm tall and had an Aerox and I think I hit my knees on the sides like twice in the year I've had it but not while riding.

No, I'm not overweight.

For me it just seems too tilted forward from the back... (shocks quite high) vs an NMax I'd have to extend the swingarm and get shorter shocks to make the seat more horizontal to move back on.

I'm not the only one to comment on the fins and that the design seems tailored to shorter riders. I'd guess I'd have too much on-going pressure base of spine only pushing back and up in the seat to avoid hitting the fins front as its inclined factory spec.

I've seen bigger western riders on them and its chicken wing legs out at an angle to use the thing.

If Aerox works for you in whatever way, it works for you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 8:03 AM, CANSIAM said:

Its the 2022 - BBR6 ( auto start ) mostly black with gold rims - 82,500. On order been waiting 4 weeks now. The 2022 key start bikes are 11,000 baht less but loud eye sore colour schemes.....

Been delivered yet ??? Post some pictures please if you have time.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:21 AM, Henryford said:

The colours can be changed for less than a K if thats what stop you from buying a bike. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Been delivered yet ??? Post some pictures please if you have time.

Update - the new Aerox 155cc auto start are now 87,000. I cancelled from that shop after waiting 8 weeks and them telling me the price went up from 82,500 due to shipping cost increases, contemplated the standard addition ( key start ) for 75k.....then went to another shop they had 4 auto start available in store, bought the black and light grey colour one with small gold striping.  

3 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Update - the new Aerox 155cc auto start are now 87,000. I cancelled from that shop after waiting 8 weeks and them telling me the price went up from 82,500 due to shipping cost increases, contemplated the standard addition ( key start ) for 75k.....then went to another shop they had 4 auto start available in store, bought the black and light grey colour one with small gold striping.  

Nice one, post some pictures if you can please.

17 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Thats a nice bike for sure, lovely colour too - Thanks for sharing - How much did you pay for it ??

Thanks ! they are 87k now, should have bought last year lol. With the Yamaha Y-connect App, you can pair the bike with your smartphone-bluetooth ... GPS, mileage, battery, oil, rpm, trip mileage, temperature info, etc on your phone. Make sure you are on the Thai App Store, I had to frantically change my App Store so they could pair it all up........ or don't bother with all that hi-tech bla-bla..... your choice......

Edited by CANSIAM

1 minute ago, CANSIAM said:

Thanks ! they are 87k now, should have bought last year lol. With the Yamaha Y-connect App, you can pair the bike with your smartphone-bluetooth ... GPS, mileage, battery, oil, rpm, trip mileage, temperature info, etc on your phone. Make sure you are on the Thai App Store, I had to frantically change my App Store so they could pair it all up........

Great information brother - I am currently riding around on this very same model - I love it & it feels very comfortable & safe. It belongs to my gf,s son who bought it brand new, last year - He will be leaving Thailand soon for a few years & told me yesterday, that i can buy it from him for 40,000 baht - Seems like an absolute bargain to me ?

20220907_140611.jpg

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Great information brother - I am currently riding around on this very same model - I love it & it feels very comfortable & safe. It belongs to my gf,s son who bought it brand new, last year - He will be leaving Thailand soon for a few years & told me yesterday, that i can buy it from him for 40,000 baht - Seems like an absolute bargain to me ?

20220907_140611.jpg

Brand new last year - 40k sounds very good unless he's racked up 20-30,000kms on it lol....better grab it......unless there's hidden secrets about it.........

4 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Brand new last year - 40k sounds very good unless he's racked up 20-30,000kms on it lol....better grab it......unless there's hidden secrets about it.........

No hidden secrets & less than 20,000kms on the clock - 

16 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Thanks ! they are 87k now, should have bought last year lol. With the Yamaha Y-connect App, you can pair the bike with your smartphone-bluetooth ... GPS, mileage, battery, oil, rpm, trip mileage, temperature info, etc on your phone. Make sure you are on the Thai App Store, I had to frantically change my App Store so they could pair it all up........ or don't bother with all that hi-tech bla-bla..... your choice......

The Yamaha website still shows the price as 80,900. Is the 87k just a local ripoff or has there been a national increase?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

The Yamaha website still shows the price as 80,900. Is the 87k just a local ripoff or has there been a national increase?

I guess it could be a Phuket rip off thing, 80,900 looks like a 2021 price tag. At the of June 2022 I was quoted 82,500 for the new Aerox auto start, then the increase 5-6 weeks later, ( "shipping cost increases" ). Quoted 75k for standard edition key start and only 2 colours to choose from.  

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up waiting for the ADV 160 so bought a Honda Click 160 ABS. Same engine and brakes. Nice bike for around town but can not go off road like the ADV !! 72,000 baht which is still 2000 above Honda's list price. Ever bike now seems to have a premium price. They quoted me 110,000 for a PCX, heaven knows what the ADV will be.