Liv Golf is coming to Thailand as the legal battle starts

webfact

Going to be fun in the locker room etc at the Scottish open. Poulter has a hot temper at the best of times and he will get the <deleted> taken remorselessly by many of the players and in particular the crowd.

Another one who joined LIV to play less golf but now going to court to play more!

I bet all golf tours with these bogus restrictions will end up losing in courts.

I like the format a lot and watched it.  Constant action everywhere with the shotgun start.

I hope to get tickets to the Bangkok event, maybe even more PGA defectors by that time I hope.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Going to be fun in the locker room etc at the Scottish open. Poulter has a hot temper at the best of times and he will get the <deleted> taken remorselessly by many of the players and in particular the crowd.

Another one who joined LIV to play less golf but now going to court to play more!

It's difficult for the key rebels to play well with all the noise around court cases etc, Michelson, Westwood, Poulter etc. Almost impossible to play well at Scottish Open.

Portland event was very good, the best viewing experience on YouTube 

on youtube, i watched the 15 minute highlights for round 1 and the last nine holes for both round 2 and round 3.  i thought it was okay.  the end of round 3 had some excitement.  i'm not hung up on the saudi sponsorship. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, buick said:

on youtube, i watched the 15 minute highlights for round 1 and the last nine holes for both round 2 and round 3.  i thought it was okay.  the end of round 3 had some excitement.  i'm not hung up on the saudi sponsorship. 

watching highlights doesn't do it justice, i watched all 3 rounds 5 hours each and was very good, excitement built up nicely

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Nearly half the PGA tour players actually loose money each week by missing the cut.

Meanwhile Greg Norman’s LIV Golf Tour pays the player who comes last US$120,000.

It doesn't look like LIV Golf is inviting the guys who don't make the cut.

From the PGA Tour

"The Saudis change Phil’s contract to just paying him $1 Million for every round he can break par. Saudis save $199M." 🤣

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2022 at 2:57 AM, webfact said:

For example, Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat is a member of the PGA Tour and also plays on the DP World tour and even the Asian Tour.

Kiradech is a prime example of someone who should be chasing LIV money.  And I'll bet many of these lower ranked guys on the PGA tour, struggling just to make the cut every week, would love the guaranteed money.  So how does LIV choose who to accept?  And how much guaranteed money?  I'd imagine they get more request to join than have spots in their field. 

When the PGA tour first announced the FedEx cup and $10 million prize, everyone was in awe.  That $10 million now seems like peanuts.  I just read that Bryson D. got in excess of $125 mil just to sign up with LIV.  Phil and DJ also got crazy money to join.  The PGA can't compete with that.  Saudi oil money is making a mockery of what used to be competitive golf based on merit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Kiradech is a prime example of someone who should be chasing LIV money.  And I'll bet many of these lower ranked guys on the PGA tour, struggling just to make the cut every week, would love the guaranteed money.  So how does LIV choose who to accept?  And how much guaranteed money?  I'd imagine they get more request to join than have spots in their field. 

When the PGA tour first announced the FedEx cup and $10 million prize, everyone was in awe.  That $10 million now seems like peanuts.  I just read that Bryson D. got in excess of $125 mil just to sign up with LIV.  Phil and DJ also got crazy money to join.  The PGA can't compete with that.  Saudi oil money is making a mockery of what used to be competitive golf based on merit. 

The Scottish open has 14 of the world top 15 playing so not too big a problem. Most of LIV players can no longer compete at the top level and most of them want to spend more time with their families-so they say! 😀

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

The LIV will struggle to attract the top golfers who are in with a chance of winning a major , that will always be remembered in the archives of golf . The LIV in my eyes has attracted has beens and greedy guys . How much money do people need ?The LIV will to me be a travelling circus with the same players every tournament which has no kudos .

This sports washing from the Saudi P.I.F. is now meeting problems within the UK premiership football , as Newcastle ( owned mostly by Yasir Al-Rumayyan who is the governor of the P.I.F. and chairman of Newcastle ) are to play a pre season friendly against the Austrian side name Mainz whose fan club want the game called off because of Newcastle's connections to Saudi poor record of human rights . I have a feeling that Newcastle United will face  the wrath of opposing fans next season , also they will be buying even more players and spending big money to be at the top of the table .

Looks like Poulter will get to spend more time with his family which apparently what he really wanted.

Scottish Open, +10 after two rounds, almost as good as Phil