Thailand wants to lose its reputation for being ‘cheap’, aims to become premium travel destination

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Premium tourist destination, how's that going to be accomplished if they do as Anutin says.

Looks like Anutin will kill off the majority of folks who come here for medical tourism.

There goes cheap Thailand, he's going to double or triple the prices on everything a foreigners wants or needs and that's including hotels. If that's the case why would tourist want to come here and why would we want to stay?

31 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I can't remember if this beach is in Thailand or The Algarve.

images (3).jpeg

I am currently planning for a short 1 week holiday where my Thai wife and me intend to swimm on a beach with nice clean sand and nice clean water and a wide variety of excellent food. Premium if possible. Maybe a swimming pool in addition. Does not even have to be on a budget.

I am staying in Pattaya and I do not know where to go. The water around here is not acceptable. Phuket and Koh Samui fall through the net since it is both a bit far and their reputation has suffered a lot. Koh Samet comes to mind (3 hours by car incl. boat) or Koh Chang (already a bit far for us).

This is not a joke - I am damn serious about it. Did not have a good swim in the sea since before the Tsunami in Phuket. Only our swimming pool. So please - where are these premium destinations that correspond to our (I think modest - does not even include sport, temples, bars etc.) requirements ?

And the above picture might be rather the Algarve than Thailand because of the clean water.

Edited by moogradod

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More delusional grandeur and belief that Thailand is the centre of the universe. I call it home but I am in no way do I take Thailand for what it is.

Firstly the infrastructure needs to be updated. Get rid of electricity above  the ground. That will take 40 years at least. Have a functionally political system that is a true democracy and not one that really is another name for dictatorship. That will take at least 2 generations or even more.

I could go on and on but I have made my point. Keep Thailand for what it is and what it has always been.

America is too soft on Thailand

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I am currently planning for a short 1 week holiday where my Thai wife and me intend to swimm on a beach with nice clean sand and nice clean water and a wide variety of excellent food. Premium if possible. Maybe a swimming pool in addition. Does not even have to be on a budget.

I am staying in Pattaya and I do not know where to go. The water around here is not acceptable. Phuket and Koh Samui fall through the net since it is both a bit far and their reputation has suffered a lot. Koh Samet comes to mind (3 hours by car incl. boat) or Koh Chang (already a bit far for us).

This is not a joke - I am damn serious about it. Did not have a good swim in the sea since before the Tsunami in Phuket. Only our swimming pool. So please - where are these premium destinations that correspond to our (I think modest - does not even include sport, temples, bars etc.) requirements ?

And the above picture might be rather the Algarve than Thailand because of the clean water.

I've been in the sea once in 30 plus years and that was in phuket. 

• Like 2

Thailand the Riviera of Asia it will never be while this lot is in power how about cleaning the place up and placing a few rubbish bins around instead of letting it blow around on the streets these people have no idea and fixing the pavements up but all they can do is dream about it idiots

• Like 2