Another Thai Girlfriend/friend Thread

MicroB

Jump in the water is warm.

Just put any capital assets in a 12 month account you can't touch, and rent everything  -  you have made a good start there. Don't spend anything that you are not prepared to lose/leave in Thailand.

• Like 1

Can't say I read all of this, but I didn't really come up with a question either... 

Everyone has a past, many Thai people don't want to share their entire past -  - 

so, you are left w/what you see is what you get... it's really up to you. Right? 

ps - You don't seem to show any particular affection for her... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But normally they fall in love with a woman in her 20s to early 30s.

Why would anyone choose to start a relationships with a 48 year old prostitute?

Even I wasn't that stupid when I arrived here!

Yes it is risky to say the least at any age. 

I'm glad I didn't full in love with Thailand until I got away from the likes of Bkk, Pattaya, Phuket and traveled and experienced the whole of Thailand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I have to say "you tink too much!". 

Rather than try to work out what goes on in a Thai woman's mind, and the intricacies of a relationship with them, I've found that it is far (FAR) less stressful to retire to your room with a copy of Playboy, a rubber glove and a tube of lube.... ????  

Simon,  c'mon , really ?     If with all your "experience"  that is what you choose then OK .

Advice to a newbie (or troll)  could be along the lines of : " oh boy,  another one blinded by the thai smile" .     They never listen to the guys who have experience on here.... so i do not bother with serious suggestions.

BUT,  for those few on here who have managed to get through the maze ,  learned Thai (as you have) ,  and hopefully are wiser from the experience ....   I WOULD HOPE THAT :   as i finally did, just enjoy life,  avoid the real red flags,   but there are many ladies ( not usually massage or bar girls) who are teachers or shop workers etc etc  who are over 30,  look nice,  often horny,  and NOT a lot of stress UNLESS the spellbound farang falls head over heals and starts trying to "Save them from the world " .

enjoy it .   be wise.   and then go with the flow .   Only use the lube when THEY need it   ????

• Like 2

I'm going to be checking a few things with my wife in the next few days. His description of his new lady friend sounds much too familiar for my liking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

He didn't mention if his GF provides the "special make me happy" ending.
How would he feel, sitting in the UK and his girl is doing some extras to make ends meet.

He is the ONLY one she has ever done it with .................????

• Haha 1

For what can go wrong, and a bit of comic relief, google Thailand bound cartoon episodes. There are 10 I think.
I am in a not dissimilar situation to you in terms of working in my home country, being fond of my girlfriend, but deciding to live separately. We get together for 5 or 6 months or we did pre Covid and are now somewhat separated. 
Are you being ripped off? Are you being cheap?

Would you be better to marry her and be looked after like a king or is the loss of freedom and possibly assets too much?
Tough to know the best thing sometimes. 
Look after your best interests, be aware that Thai girls can lie easily, be ready how to deal with one of shocks, e.g. debt, in your case daughter problems, buffalo problems, but don’t be so careful that you miss out on something special. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

Go for it. I don't see any red flags. What's the worst (and best) that can happen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The only part that annoyed me was the bit about you not bothering to respond to comments. Why should we bother responding?

Edited by sipi
  • Like 1

Your biggest mistake was posting here and before that read to much!

Didnt finish your story, and my advise to anybody, is, go as it goes, do not spend more money on her than you can comfortable loose, and fly with the rollercoaster not against it.

at Last, enjoy every moment, if not, hit the brakes and jump off. Good luck you will need it for your brain sake, because you obviously thinking to mutt already, or have a great sense of humor on behalf of us. 

• Like 1

"Her ex-husband sounds an absolute scumbag."

Yes, the ex is always a scumbag. Come to that, all other men (except you and myself) are scumbags. 

BritManToo commented: "Why would anyone choose to start a relationships with a 48 year old prostitute?" 

It's not so much that she was a prostitute, but her being 48. But if it's only a relationship with no marriage, why not give it a try? I wish I found a 40 something in Thailand who still had a body and was interested in hooking up with me. Haven't found the unicorn.

Edited by JackGats

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not uncommon to have incorrect DOB etc on ID cards, kids get born at home, no birth cert or registration etc. The actual ID number (digit it starts with)  can explain some of the mystery, digit 1 is normal Thai registered at birth, digit 2 is missed registration at birth etc. There is also a significant date around 1984 when they changed/introduced the ID rules and the corresponding Digit they get (1984 becomes birthday etc). see below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_cardimage.png.5ea7ee47b183da1f6345db609117c14c.png

Thanks for that useful reply. Xo is 5. Not really sure what "other special case" that means.

To the other respondants; thank you for your time, whether serious answers to questions posed, or uncalled for other remarks. Its all appreciated. But from the tone of many, I seem to have seriously misjudged this forum. Perhaps a moderator will delete this thread, because its obviously not in keeping with what is welcome here, given the tone of one or two correspondants who seem rather annoyed.

To those with the non-answers along the lines of "couldn't read", glad I helo your posting count. Maybe that gets you into forum Valhalla

Edited by MicroB
  • Like 1