Cannabis Teas

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But do you not have to heat the weed and fat together for quite a long time in order to extract the THC?

Don't think so, 

Decarb instructions I have is heat ground MJ wrapped in foil in an oven 110c for 110 minutes. Or quicker 210c for 30 minutes. Then mix with food/butter/oil. 

Edited by BritManToo

Is the making of cannabis tea, assuming the source or result is greater than 0.2% THC, considered an extraction process?

FWIW, the MoPH has been back-pedalling in recent days re: banning recreational use.

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul reiterated the government’s cannabis policy, saying his ministry supports the correct and safe use of cannabis for medicinal purposes. He stressed that recreational use of cannabis has never been encouraged, with an announcement by the Ministry of Health recently prohibiting misuse.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220709173615855#:~:text=Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul reiterated,of Health recently prohibiting misuse.

This could just be posturing. I guess they could revert to medical only, but maybe he's just slowing the anti-cannabis clamor until the Cannabis Control Act and the associated boards, committees, agencies and ministries subsequently issue their "rules". Note that some have already started issuing rules, re: importation of seed and plant stocks, for exmaple.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:39 PM, rice555 said:

Screw the pot tea, hot loaded cornbread with your favorite beverage.

Now if we could get cornmeal in Korat

rice555

Look for 'Polenta', as same thing, and have bought in TH.  I use for my scrapple making.  If can't find in brick & mortar vendor, LAZ has online.

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

But do you not have to heat the weed and fat together for quite a long time in order to extract the THC?

Can you not boil milk and cream? Lol seriously though I'm not into all the science of it. If I wanna get ripped there's easier ways. Just offering suggestions.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Is the making of cannabis tea, assuming the source or result is greater than 0.2% THC, considered an extraction process?

FWIW, the MoPH has been back-pedalling in recent days re: banning recreational use.

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul reiterated the government’s cannabis policy, saying his ministry supports the correct and safe use of cannabis for medicinal purposes. He stressed that recreational use of cannabis has never been encouraged, with an announcement by the Ministry of Health recently prohibiting misuse.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220709173615855#:~:text=Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul reiterated,of Health recently prohibiting misuse.

This could just be posturing. I guess they could revert to medical only, but maybe he's just slowing the anti-cannabis clamor until the Cannabis Control Act and the associated boards, committees, agencies and ministries subsequently issue their "rules". Note that some have already started issuing rules, re: importation of seed and plant stocks, for exmaple.

Hopefully the horse has bolted to far for them to pull it back in again. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't think so, 

Decarb instructions I have is heat ground MJ wrapped in foil in an oven 110c for 110 minutes. Or quicker 210c for 30 minutes. Then mix with food/butter/oil. 

Spot on as usual. Also the most important step if ya gonna consume it at full potency.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't think so, 

So now it looks like a good way to make weed tea is to grind the bud, wrap it in foil and put it in the oven for 110 minutes at 110c. Then mix it with some butter, then make the tea with this, by putting it and near boiling water into a French Press?

• Thanks 1

I just very finely chopped the buds. They were pre dried / baked when I got them.

Then I ground them up with some butter and hot water.  After that I make the tea with them..pouring boiling water over the buds in a tea strainer.  

I added a normal tea bag for flavour.  It was nice. Like herbal tea.

Can't say I got much of an affect from it, so wont be doing it again.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

So now it looks like a good way to make weed tea is to grind the bud, wrap it in foil and put it in the oven for 110 minutes at 110c. Then mix it with some butter, then make the tea with this, by putting it and near boiling water into a French Press?

After decarb boil it in milk or cream for 40 minutes ish. Strain add to drinks as required gonna taste a <deleted> load better than butter 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

That's a lot of time and effort required to make a cup of tea. ????

Better off just smashing a couple bongs whilst the kettle is boiling I reckon ???? and if worried about getting too high just smoke the teeth and lips ..(leaf and tips) ????

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

The oil definitely dissolves in milk I used to buy a lot of Oil to smoke in the UK it came in plastic syringes, and the best way to clean the last drops out was to toss them in a milky coffee, the syringes would be spotless when  the coffee was finished.   I tried it in a cup of tea a few times but I don't take milk  in tea , and whilst the syringes came out almost as clean, the cannabis oil didn't dissolve the same as in the milky coffee and it kind of formed a tide mark around the side of the cup. I'm  sure it dissolves in alcohol too so that would be another way to get it into ones coffee

spacer.png

spacer.png

I tried this for the first time tonight.

Instead of using the teabag I cut it open and poured the contents (very finely ground greenery, almost fine like a powder) into a French Press. Probably with three liters of water due to topping it up again and again. 

Very relaxing light mellow buzz (but I have no tolerance for the drug). will use it as our after dinner tea in the evenings now until trying other methods. 

^ We put a little bit of ground up Orange Cali (I think) straight into the water half way through the evening. 

I don't know if that worked or not, but today my brain and mind is all cloudy and muddy and spaced out. 

Which isn't a good thing at my age. ????

I read that drinking it as tea makes everything slower and longer, the time to feel the effect and the time for the feeling to wear off. 

15 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Instead of using the teabag I cut it open and poured the contents (very finely ground greenery, almost fine like a powder) into a French Press. Probably with three liters of water due to topping it up again and again. 

So ONE teabag of this cannabis/chamomile tea in THREE litres of water (total)  still gave you a buzz?

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So ONE teabag of this cannabis/chamomile tea in THREE litres of water (total)  still gave you a buzz?

Yes, I haven't used drugs in around 2 decades.

The three liters was due to being topped up. 500ml French Press topped up around 6 times. 

12 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Yes, I haven't used drugs in around 2 decades.

The three liters was due to being topped up. 500ml French Press topped up around 6 times. 

WOW, that's a cheap high, but after topping up 6 times, I doubt you would be able to taste any chamomile let alone cannabis.

I was on the Kanya website shop, and it says the tea only contains ground up cannabis leaves, so no THC, and can be drunk by children.

Edited by KannikaP

59 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

can be drunk by children.

Suits me down to the ground then.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

after topping up 6 times, I doubt you would be able to taste any chamomile let alone cannabis.

Yes, half way through we put in a spoonful of ground Orange Cali bud.

• Haha 1