Cannabis Teas

For non smokers that want to enjoy the mellowness of cannabis.

I personally don't know anything about the topic, but I'm interested in learning and getting into it.

To start, I bought these from a cannabis stall near a Big C foodcourt today. He had many buds etc for sale to.

spacer.png

spacer.png

250THB down to 200THB on promo.

They had many different flavors, such as Lavender etc.

There is no info about the potency, and actually cannot smell any cannabis from it, only chamomile 555

Perhaps making our own is better? I bought some Orange Cali yesterday, but smoking it was too strong for what I was looking for.

Do people on here also make or have experiences of making their own cannabis teas? How, or what methods do you use to make it? 

Do you use a Chinese style teapot, how much weed do you put in, 1/3rd of a gram per 400ml of boiling water for example? Do you add other flavorings, such as a stick of cinnamon?

Do posters buy the ready made flavored teabags like I did? Which flavors do you like?

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

I just add some to Ginger Tea, and also coffee. A good stir, and enjoy. I usually put the same amount in that I would use in a spliff, does the trick nicely.
Determined never to smoke again!

Thanks for the info.

Do you use something like a french press? 

Do you grind/chop up the bud, or put it in whole?

7 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

To experience the euphoric effects of getting, the THCA in the cannabis plant must convert to THC through a process called decarboxylation, which requires heating. This happens naturally when you consume cannabis through smoking or vaping. Heat also helps CBDA convert into CBD, the major medicinal component in cannabis.

In edibles, decarboxylation takes place when the cannabis is cooked, usually with oils or butter. The fat serves to bind the cannabinoids and extract THC from the plant matter.

THC needs something fatty to stick to under high heat—that’s how we separate the good stuff from the plant material.

Indeed! You can use a rice cooker for that,2 or 3 hours on low heat does the trick nicely.

After that you can use the powder(we grind it) to make your eatable.

Fry an egg in oil or butter and add the powder to it(teaspoon to start)fry for 2or 3 minutes and eat.

Sleep well!

Edited by jvs

3 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Heat also helps CBDA convert into CBD, the major medicinal component in cannabis.

In edibles, decarboxylation takes place when the cannabis is cooked, usually with oils or butter. The fat serves to bind the cannabinoids and extract THC from the plant matter.

THC needs something fatty to stick to under high heat—that’s how we separate the good stuff from the plant material.

This is what I'm reading. 

That it isn't just a case of adding hot water to ground bud. That the THC needs to be separated and hot water alone doesn't do that. 

People talk about boiling it in a pot with butter or coconut oil, for up to 30 minutes. Which is a bit of a turn off really. 

3 minutes ago, cooked said:

We use a tea making sieve thingy, whole leaves. I like to squeeze a lemon into the result. I sleep like a baby.

We have tried that,absolutely no effect.

See the post by Sametboy.

It is not possible to get any effect by what you are saying.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jvs said:

Indeed! You can use a rice cooker for that,2 or 5 hours on low heat does the trick nicely.

You put boiling water, ground bud and butter/oil into a rice cooker and leave it on low for 2-5 hours, then can drink it as tea? 

53 minutes ago, jvs said:

we put ground bud in the rice cooker,do not

add anything else.

Use the powder in oil or butter ,make sure it gets hot enough and you can use this

in any fried food.

Okay, so you just grind the bud and cook the bud powder in the rice cooker on low heat for a few hours. 

If making cannabis tea this way, is it a case of then adding a liter of water and bringing it close to boiling? Will the THC have been separated? 

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

This is what I'm reading. 

That it isn't just a case of adding hot water to ground bud. That the THC needs to be separated and hot water alone doesn't do that. 

People talk about boiling it in a pot with butter or coconut oil, for up to 30 minutes. Which is a bit of a turn off really. 

How come this is possible with hasjis? Just add hot water and it kicks in nicely after 20 - 30 min

Can you sun dry the marijuana, would that give any effect on it? 

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

If making cannabis tea this way, is it a case of then adding a liter of water and bringing it close to boiling? Will the THC have been separated? 

I really don't know,i think the THC goes into the oil when you fry with it and you eat the oil along with the food.I just googled it,here you go,i will also try this.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/how-to-make-cannabis-tea-recipe

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

How come this is possible with hasjis? Just add hot water and it kicks in nicely after 20 - 30 min

Can you sun dry the marijuana, would that give any effect on it? 

I have absolutely no idea. ????

That's the kind of info I'm looking for.

I was hoping it was only a case of putting it into a French press with near boiling water and letting it draw for 30 minutes. It seems that it isn't the case and it needs to be heated with oil or butter to release or separate the THC.

17 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Okay, so you just grind the bud and cook the bud powder in the rice cooker on low heat for a few hours. 

NO. THC IS NOT WATER SOLUBLE. It needs some kind of fat, butter or coconut oil seem favourites.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Trust me, we just added it to hot water, and got seriously vasted with munchies, no preheating at all. 

Yes, the link says that you heat the cannabis in fat (butter) first, and then add it to the tea. That is the only way to extract the THC.

Yuk, tea with butter in it!

Edited by KannikaP

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

NO. THC IS NOT WATER SOLUBLE. It needs some kind of fat, butter or coconut oil seem favourites.

Would coconut oil and ground bud on low heat for 2 hours in a rice cooker do it?

Then add water to this and bring to a simmer for a few hours?

Another Q, how have they produced the chamomile cannabis teabags I bought? Do they have some raw bud in them, or do has the cannabis in them already been treated in a way to separate the THC? 

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

Would coconut oil and ground bud on low heat for 2 hours in a rice cooker do it?

Then add water to this and bring to a simmer for a few hours?

Another Q, how have they produced the chamomile cannabis teabags I bought? Do they have some raw bud in them, or do has the cannabis in them already been treated in a way to separate the THC? 

I would guess so. I prefer coconut oil to butter in all my cooking & baking.

As for the chamomile tea bags. I would think you would get higher with just the chamomile!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

Trust me, we just added it to hot water, and got seriously vasted with munchies, no preheating at all. 

Yes, it works for me too, in coffee or ginger tea.
Had a coffee with added herb at 4pm.
Halfway down a cup of ginger tea, at 5:20 pm and I'm off my face! Put equivalent to what I'd use in a spliff in each cup, and gave it a good stir - bob's your uncle!

Edited by MrMuddle
added information
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Yes, it works for me too, in coffee or ginger tea.
Had a coffee with added herb at 4pm.
Halfway down a cup of ginger tea, at 5:20 pm and I'm off my face! Put equivalent to what I'd use in a spliff in each cup, and gave it a good stir - bob's your uncle!

I'll buy a french press at the weekend and give it a go. 

Ground uncooked herb, ginger root and near boiling water, and let it draw for 30 minutes.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, jvs said:

We have tried that,absolutely no effect.

See the post by Sametboy.

It is not possible to get any effect by what you are saying.

Of course not. Legal cannabis is limited as to its THC content. I have been offered seeds with potentially high THC but that would require a leap of faith.

Try Kratom instead.

• Sad 3

You need to decarb the weed first, then add to butter or coconut oil(preferred oil). Once infused with oil, you can add to foods, drinks or just eat it. Search on YouTube ‘air fryer cannabis oil’, they have a step by step recipe. Takes about 3 hours but works well. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, KannikaP said:

Yes, the link says that you heat the cannabis in fat (butter) first, and then add it to the tea. That is the only way to extract the THC.

Yuk, tea with butter in it!

Is full cream milk not fatty enough? And if it's not tea many people use coconut oil in coffee now. Or keto coffee is full of butter.

I know about the bud and oil thing but my Mrs has been drinking mull tea for as long as I have known her. I don't partake as I would rather just punch a bong if I'm having one.

She however swears by it basically just a big old handful of leaves and some bud in a teapot and let it sit. It works for her but may just be the placebo effect. She enjoys it so I'm not going to poo poo her vibe.

Also being fully aware that THC is fat soluble I'm assuming if you just ate a big handful of buds you wouldn't need any fats for them them to get you high so maybe for the non heavy pothead there is some residual effect maybe?

Edited by starky

On 7/7/2022 at 4:02 PM, Sametboy2019 said:

To experience the euphoric effects of getting, the THCA in the cannabis plant must convert to THC through a process called decarboxylation, which requires heating. This happens naturally when you consume cannabis through smoking or vaping. Heat also helps CBDA convert into CBD, the major medicinal component in cannabis.

Thats for the full whack for people who like cooking with it. I'm guessing that full cream milk or even cream would be fatty enough to hold some thc which would be more palatable for the tea drinkers. 

2 hours ago, starky said:

Is full cream milk not fatty enough? And if it's not tea many people use coconut oil in coffee now. Or keto coffee is full of butter.

But do you not have to heat the weed and fat together for quite a long time in order to extract the THC?