Dogs fighting. Any Solutions?

On 7/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, Hummin said:

The most important thing to do, is to neuture the stray dogs as quick as possible. Also convince the villagers to do the same with their dogs. 

I have neutered a bunch of temple dogs out of my own pocket over the last few years.  Due to lack of funding (it's out of my own pocket) we concentrate on females.  Well, if the females are spade, what can a male do. 
"You should do the males too."  They are not my dogs.  Pony up some THB and I'll work on the males too if anyone wants to contribute.  Maybe I'll set up a foundation and a Thai equivalent of a 'Go Fund Me' page. 
We do a lot of good work, but it's all out of my own pocket.  I think our vet lost count of the number of dogs and cats (and birds) we brought to her when the count went over 25. I can't even keep track any more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, connda said:

I have neutered a bunch of temple dogs out of my own pocket over the last few years.  Due to lack of funding (it's out of my own pocket) we concentrate on females.  Well, if the females are spade, what can a male do. 
If anyone want to contribute.  Maybe I'll set up a foundation and a Thai equivalent of a 'Go Fund Me' page. 
We do a lot of good work, but it's all out of my own pocket.  I think our vet lost count of the number of dogs and cats (and birds) we brought to her when the count went over 20. 

I was thinking of starting a animal shelter to, go big on social media and beg for money to make a living for the family and pay for the cost, but it is really a goverment problem and a law enforcment problem. They need to make new rules period. Making a animal shelter really do not help anything when they start relaying on you taking care of their problems locally. I figured out we would be the target for all problem dogs and would not have capacity to care for all of them who needed help. 

The locals collect dogs, and put them off outside the temples or drive them over the mountain or to a neighbouring village to drop them off, and the neighbouring village do the same. An endless hopeless situation for the animals. Tragic. Just imagine the word spreading we had a dog shelter? 

And in our area, not enough foreigners to adopt dogs, I do not see any wealthy thais who could afford adopting dogs and care for them properly , because they want cute puppies, not any stray dog. 

There is a long way to go before we will see animal protection in Thailand that will work for the animals health and make sure every animal being taken care of properly like they should be. 

On 7/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, MJCM said:

Not only harmless Snakes, she was hit in the eye (spit) by a Cobra and I got hit on the arm (also spit) by it when I removed it from our property. Fortunately nothing serious happened to her, we got eye drops that cleared it.

She KILLS anything she sees even the smallest gecko/lizard/mouse etc etc. She really has the instincts of Wolf in her.

Just recently she caught a bird that was just resting on the patio, how she did it NO idea! She just kills it and leaves it for me to find!

I think you need to learn how to take care of dogs or find a new home for at least one of them.

You should train then not to kill things for a start.  

As you found out it's dangerous for the dogs and you if they are attacking venomous snakes!

Train them to bark at then to alert you...and to keep their distance.

Train the dogs to not fight.  Learn about dog behaviour.  You did the worst thing separating them each time for so long...using a stick or whatever.  You just right them it's ok to fight and you will sort it out..and if they fight they get attention from you and your wife and some excitement. 

Do you walk them, exercise them daily, give them mental stimulation, like hiding their food, giving them chew toys, making them work for their food and obey commands for rewards so they know you are the boss?

Edited by jak2002003