Thailand and China agree to carry on traditional friendship and expand bilateral cooperation

snoop1130

9fd86b87612c4d58a7f7a006f30a14eb.jpg

PHOTO: Xinhua News

Thai and China agree to carry on a long-standing friendship, expanding bilateral cooperation and planning for the future development of relations.

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha said during an official meeting with Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Tuesday, July 5th, that Thailand attaches great importance to the Global Development Initiative and the Global Security Initiative. He also praises China’s great achievements in eliminating extreme poverty.

Thailand expected to learn from China’s development experience, understand the trends of the era, seize the historical opportunity, and push Thai-Chinese cooperation forward in all aspects.

Wang Yi stated that China and Thailand have developed strong and stable relations, which benefit from strategic guidance from the leaders of the two countries, a long-lasting friendship that is close like a family, and a strong political trust between the two countries.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/07/thailand-and-china-agree-to-carry-on-traditional-friendship-and-expand-bilateral-cooperation/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, thanks for the biolab virus that wrecked the world for 2+ years.

and the cascading 1984 style 'narrative control' that seeped across most relatively free speech platforms in that period.

Thanks China...you're awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Thailand should be very careful, as the Chinese do not do anything for nothing. It will come at a steep price.

The Chinese leader is a monster that comes in a disguise of a friendly teddybear. But he has a plan, of that I am sure. Asians have been known to plan long term in comparison to the Western world where the US doctrine of fast profit / benefit is in place.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, moogradod said:

The Chinese leader is a monster that comes in a disguise of a friendly teddybear. But he has a plan, of that I am sure. Asians have been known to plan long term in comparison to the Western world where the US doctrine of fast profit / benefit is in place.

So a plan like Putins? To reestablish the Mongolian Empire?

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So a plan like Putins? To reestablish the Mongolian Empire?

It surely stems from the history. Not unlike Putins idea to collect areas on earth to form a big empire "which belongs together". Thinks what they did with Tibet. Furhtermore the teddybear believes that he should show the world that his ideology is best for humankind compared to democracy. This does not include freedom of expression. He knows that too well but thinks his way is a better way (for the stupid masses ????). Remember as well Mao ? "Religion is poison". If you equate "religion" with the attempt to benefit people in such a way that they are happy then this says it all.

It is a very complicated matter since "our" ways are as well far from being perfect so you will always find something to point at to say "This is no good".

If he wants to reestablish the Mongolian Empire ? If he could he would and even beyond I think. At least he might be dreaming about it.

A few of y'all need to unplug from MSM.

Thailand & China together ... how would that ever be a bad thing.

... Make enemies with the worlds #1 manufacturing country ????

... Top tech and producer of alternative energy components for home

and vehicles.  Compare prices here for solar & EVs to your home country.

... Top supplier of raw materials so Taiwan can make all those components, chips that keep the world functioning.

Without China the cost of everything would be way beyond what you are all crying about now.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... Top supplier of raw materials so Taiwan can make all those components, chips that keep the world functioning.

Without China the cost of everything would be way beyond what you are all crying about now.

I would rather live in a cave and eat worms than call China my friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

What other country (G20) doesn't use the same type of tactics.  

How many regime changes has US, UK, NATO sponsored.

Casting stones in glass house comes to mind.

I’d prefer to use the term ‘two wrongs…’

Add to this: China sprung covid on the world, Uyghur persecution, rampant air and water pollution - along with various other human rights atrocities and I believe I’m entitled to ‘cast all the stones’ I want. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I would rather live in a cave and eat worms than call China my friend.

Do you buy their products, or products with their parts in them ?

Almost impossible not to.

Then you seem to support everything you oppose about them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Yes those submarines will never have an engine!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DBath said:

I’d prefer to use the term ‘two wrongs…’

Add to this: China sprung covid on the world, Uyghur persecution, rampant air and water pollution - along with various other human rights atrocities and I believe I’m entitled to ‘cast all the stones’ I want. 

Covid originated in China - but they locked down the country. It was sprung on the world by the idiotic policies of WHO and, not last, a certain US president. The persecution of minorities in China is appalling, I agree, still it pales to what countries such as USA, Canada, Australia did to the native populations. Human rights again I agree, but just look around the world, both far and near, and you'll find similar - not that I want to excuse the chinese.

In the end, if you hate China as a principle, it's your prerogative - though a bit puzzling that you accepted to live there to earn your living. Personally, I think that Thailand is doing the right thing, trying to please both superpowers with the knowledge that it cannot afford to openly oppose either one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai and China agree to carry on a long-standing friendship

Aw, that is soooo heart-warming ????

So... for how long exactly has this magnificent friendship been standing?

After all, up until the early 1950s Chinese immigrants were regarded by the nationalist Thai governments as little more than second-class human beings -- and treated as such. Then the Korean War tagged along, which saw considerable Thai contingents fight the People's Army to the teeth in the rugged, cold northern parts of the country. And subsequently, from the Vietnam War up until the mid-1980s Thailand fought its very own communist insurgency, repeatedly accusing China of aiding and supporting the rebels.

Oh yes, what a long-standing friendship through thick and thin indeed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

It surely stems from the history. Not unlike Putins idea to collect areas on earth to form a big empire "which belongs together". Thinks what they did with Tibet. Furhtermore the teddybear believes that he should show the world that his ideology is best for humankind compared to democracy. This does not include freedom of expression. He knows that too well but thinks his way is a better way (for the stupid masses ????). Remember as well Mao ? "Religion is poison". If you equate "religion" with the attempt to benefit people in such a way that they are happy then this says it all.

It is a very complicated matter since "our" ways are as well far from being perfect so you will always find something to point at to say "This is no good".

If he wants to reestablish the Mongolian Empire ? If he could he would and even beyond I think. At least he might be dreaming about it.

Why would Xi want to bring back the not Chinese Mongolian Empire that viciously controlled China?

23 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Why would Xi want to bring back the not Chinese Mongolian Empire that viciously controlled China?

Simply rhetoric. It is about building a larger and larger sphere of influence. Call that Mongolian Empire or not - same principle

Edited by moogradod

59 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Do you buy their products, or products with their parts in them ?

Almost impossible not to.

Then you seem to support everything you oppose about them.

If they don't make the products somebody else will and who knows they might be friends