Non-imm O visa options after arrival

My (Thai) wife and I were planning to relocate to Thailand next month. Unfortunately, due to a family emergency we need to go immediately, which means I will not have time to apply for the non-imm O visa first.

If I enter Thailand on the 30-day visa extension stamp, is there a way to convert to residency status through marriage, or will I need to go apply for a visa in a neighboring country?

Thanks.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a non-o visa with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. You must have 15 days remaining on your stay to apply for it.

Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the non-o visa allows you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

Thank you, this is extremely helpful.

I do have a question about requirement 9: "approximately 6 photos of family pictures and house residents pictures, including house number and inside a house"

Does this need to be the house we intend to live in? We have a small apartment in BKK, but it is being rented out and we don't intend to live there.

We plan to get an Airbnb for the first month or two while looking for a place to live long-term. Do these photos have to be taken in the house we intend to live in, presumably with the rental agreement mentioned in item 10? 

Thanks again.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a non-o visa with a 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it. You must have 15 days remaining on your stay to apply for it.

Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the non-o visa allows you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

Will this work coming in on a 60 day tourist visa as well?

8 hours ago, scroggins said:

Does this need to be the house we intend to live in? We have a small apartment in BKK, but it is being rented out and we don't intend to live there.

Photos where your are living at the time you do the non-o visa application will be needed.

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

Will this work coming in on a 60 day tourist visa as well?

Yes 

From the top of the page.

"1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist or Transit Visa and want to applies for a change of type of visa (from Tourist Visa or Transit Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa);"

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 3:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

Regarding section 6.3 what exactly does it mean.

12 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Regarding section 6.3 what exactly does it mean.

That is not normally asked for. If needed it could be done by the village headman or kamnan stating you are living together.