moving to another province

Hello,

At the end of this month I will move from BKK to CM. (rent condo) I lived in BKK for the last 5 years. So i did all my visa things (Non-O) and 90 day report in BKK CW

Next 90 day report has to be done next month in august, and 1 Year extension has to be done in november this year.

What i have to do in CM immigration after I move there? TM30? anything else?

Thank you

Landlord should do the TM30, and you'll need to advise Imm when doing the 90 day pulse check of address change, though make sure your landlord DID the TM30, or he/she may be fined for not.  If landlord hasn't done, then I wouldn't concern myself till extending.

Then it's on the landlord if does or not.  As long as you have your lease for extension.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Landlord should do the TM30, and you'll need to advise Imm when doing the 90 day pulse check of address change, though make sure your landlord DID the TM30, or he/she may be fined for not.  If landlord hasn't done, then I wouldn't concern myself till extending.

It's true that the landlord should do the TM30 so yes, try to get them to do it first, but I'm not sure I'd agree with not being concerned if they don't.

There have been a number of stories on here of people having to pay a fine when they go to immigration for something else and the IO finds there's no TM30 on file for the person's current address.

Yes, in theory it should be the landlord that would be liable for any fine but that's not how it's worked out in practice for several people. Some have even had their extension application refused for lack of a TM30.

I did my own TM30 online, using the Section 38 app, so you could try that (although some people have reported having problems with it recently).

Regulations for TM30's have changed a few times recently, so I would go into immigration and ask them what their requirements are, in relation to a TM30 for you.

At least then you know where you stand.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It's true that the landlord should do the TM30 so yes, try to get them to do it first, but I'm not sure I'd agree with not being concerned if they don't.

By not being concerned, I mean don't offer an address, unless you know landlord did submit a TM30.   When I do my pulse checks, I hand him PP, and he hands it back.  Our entire conversation is me saying Thank You.  I'm never asked where I live or need to fill in the form.

Of course if living with your partner, at their residence, then he/she will need to do before you advise Imm of address change.  No expat/tourist should ever pay a TM30 fine.

you need to take your new rental contract, copy id of the owner, signed....copy of housebook, signed.......copy of chanote....signed.  Ask the immigration to register your new address.  they will give you a piece of paper confirming you did this to keep in your passport.  Do this before your new extension is due.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, in theory it should be the landlord that would be liable for any fine but that's not how it's worked out in practice for several people.

"The housemaster, the owner or the possessor of the residence, or the hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office [...]"

Op is renting the condo, this makes him the possessor, so he has as much obligation to report himself to immigration as the landlord has. One person doing it is enough, but if neither does it either (or both) of them can be fined.

@OP: Just do a TM30, or have your landlord do one for you, and you are good to go.

21 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, in theory it should be the landlord that would be liable for any fine but that's not how it's worked out in practice for several people. Some have even had their extension application refused for lack of a TM30.

Yea, part of the 'Thai for Thai' thingy ... ????

Someone has to pay for not doing the TM30, and since you're in front of me, you'll do.  Besides, I can't process this visa/extension without it ... ergo ... Thank You, here's your reciept.

Of course you always has the right to say "I'm not paying" ... and leave empty handed????

... I get that, so planning IS everything, as usual.  That very uncommon common sense.

Whether your landlord or you do the TM30 - and you can do it yourself in CM Immigration, make sure you get a printed copy of the receipt. If the landlord does it online, get a printout of the confirmation. CM Immigration always looks for the TM30 slip even thought they could, if they wanted to, look it up on a computer. 

And as noted in other comments above, CM Immigration has fined people for not having a TM30 on file before. Irrelevant of some of the comments above about how it should all be on the landlord, CM immigration doesn't care. If your landlord doesn't do it, do it yourself. 

• Like 1