Schools to Stay Open Amid COVID Spike

webfact

image.jpeg

by Natthaphon Sangpolsi

BANGKOK (NNT) - Authorities have assured that schools will remain open even as cases of COVID-19 continue to rise among students.

Schools officially reopened on May 17, after which there were increased reports of students contracting the coronavirus. Although case numbers eventually started falling again, they saw a renewed surge last month.

According to Supat Champathong, permanent secretary of the Ministry of Education, there are currently no plans to close any schools, adding that physical classes are still considered the best learning environment for students.

He has nevertheless called on schools to stringently enforce health safety measures, including wearing masks, practicing social distancing, washing hands, keeping classrooms properly ventilated and performing temperature screenings.

Several schools have already started reviving online classes to help stem the spread of infection among students.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-07-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Fortunately, the schools where I'm at in the US stayed open the entire year through Delta...Omicron...without closing or going back to virtual. The standardized test scores at the end of mostly-virtual 2020-21 school year were abysmal

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 4:12 AM, webfact said:

Authorities have assured that schools will remain open even as cases of COVID-19 continue to rise among students.

In my neck of the woods the schools are staying open but many entire classes are being sent home for 10 day isolation if students test positive.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, paulikens said:

How long are they going to make students wear masks for?   forever!   there is only 2k cases a day, surely the students can ditch the poxy things now.    masks are anti social

So is spreading Covid!

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So is spreading Covid!

@jacko45kpeople like you would carry on all this nonsense forever, cuz it suits you.  don't give me the ridiculous argument of I'm doing this for the community,. the way you always want confrontation on here there's no way your a  'we're in this together' person.   you're exactly what you accuse other people of...    SELFISH!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably until covid becomes as mild as a cold.  Probably years, possibly forever.

Had it last week. At the end of my life it wont stand out as a period i will remember as being very ill. Wouldnt even rate it in the TOP 20.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:37 PM, paulikens said:

How long are they going to make students wear masks for?   forever!   there is only 2k cases a day, surely the students can ditch the poxy things now.    masks are anti social

hoping they will not follow their Chinese "brothers"  zero Covid policy

https://english.cctv.com/2022/05/23/ARTIoplbEwbjkq6iXkT3wBbK220523.shtml

Dynamic zero-COVID approach, China's choice to safeguard lives, underpin economic growth

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45kpeople like you would carry on all this nonsense forever, cuz it suits you.  don't give me the ridiculous argument of I'm doing this for the community,. the way you always want confrontation on here there's no way your a  'we're in this together' person.   you're exactly what you accuse other people of...    SELFISH!

You don't know me in the slightest.... and are quite lacking in perception. Now go away and stop being personal. Apparently a different opinion to yours is being confrontational in your world.

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You don't know me in the slightest.... and are quite lacking in perception. Now go away and stop being personal. Apparently a different opinion to yours is being confrontational in your world.

@jacko45k I would never know someone like you and don't want to know you,  as on here you come across as the sort of person i would either cross the road to avoid or end up clumping

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k I would never know someone like you and don't want to know you,  as on here you come across as the sort of person i would either cross the road to avoid or end up clumping

You come across as an unpleasant  person. Take care crossing them roads. 

Edited by jacko45k